paul rulton

wot would u do???
« on: June 02, 2010, 09:10:36 pm »
guys i need some advice please  ;D, i really dont know wot i should do  ???
im suck in a rutt... do i sell up & try something else or do i try & borrow money from the bank & build up the work & take people on? im gonna be honest with u all, prob not a good idea but u need 2know so u can give me the rite advice. due 2my back problems im really struggling 2work. 2years ago i nearly lost everything & my accountant
advised me 2go bankrupt  :(. worst thing ive ever been through. so 4me 2borrow money 2build a REAL business could be a problem  :-\. thats the money side of things.   ( not good hey  :(  )
now the work.... im now down 2only £400 per week ( if my back lets me  :-\ ) so im not even close to be able 2take someone on & get 2wages out of it. i cant build up the work cause i cant even cover wot ive got  ::).

help please guys, this is really getting me down  :(

reguards

paul   ;D

SORRY ABOUT MY SPELLING  :-\  u all know its crap  ;D

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: wot would u do???
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 09:16:19 pm »
hitman aint no one close to you who cud help
???? build build build sum more plenty ov people in need of work
pity i werent closer id help you m8
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

james44

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 09:17:46 pm »
Canvass more work and contact an employment agency and hire them as and when needed!

paul saunders

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 09:18:42 pm »
Wouldn't you be better off throwing the towel in and claiming invalidity.
Then you could be a cowboy summer cleaner doing a bit on the side.  ;D ;D
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

jefftemperley

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 09:24:03 pm »
paul ive got work in halstead, if your work is well priced maybe we can do something together? 07812245580
bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

Ian W

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 09:25:13 pm »
Could you take someone on part time and use them to canvas and leaflet when running out of work. You might be able to get enough work together each day to be done the next. Whatever happens, I hope it works out for you.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 09:25:41 pm »
best answer yet im sure u to cud sort summat
gud man directed to jeff

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 09:29:25 pm »
Is £400 a week not enough to live on? Can't you supplement that with any benefits?

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 09:39:12 pm »
i go on the "sick" and employ some one to do the work and canvess all the time and build up an other round  so u got 2 vans on the road and just do collecting and canversing

paul rulton

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 10:01:52 pm »
Is £400 a week not enough to live on? Can't you supplement that with any benefits?
i cant claim a single penny, i was told that by DWP. my accountant put me on 2them.
so i phoned them & they told me..... as i work as & when i can, they can not asses me  ???
then they told me 2give up work & they will pay everything  :o :o :o wot the chuff is that all about?????
ask 4 a bit of help & they wont help, unless i made myself out of work  >:( >:( >:(
thats wot its like, ive been out of work 4 2weeks in 24years im no dosser!!!!

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 10:02:53 pm »
get hold ov jeff he works by u paul m8

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 10:04:19 pm »
that is society now.  u have two choice, go down the manager line and employ  or go on the sick,    i personally would employ and then canvess like hell

peter1983

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 10:11:57 pm »
hey i am in london i could help u out at weekend man i have my own work mon to fri but free a lot of weekend M8 DONT get the money off the bank it will be very very hard at the mo look at it at u are starting all over dont give up m8 good luck

paul rulton

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 11:42:36 pm »
paul ive got work in halstead, if your work is well priced maybe we can do something together? 07812245580
tried that m8  :( i just slow people up when they work with me. thats when i can work, & when i can im
only good for 3maybe 4hours tops ( at quite a slow speed ) nice thought tho m8  :)  thanks  ;)

paul rulton

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 11:45:34 pm »
hey i am in london i could help u out at weekend man i have my own work mon to fri but free a lot of weekend M8 DONT get the money off the bank it will be very very hard at the mo look at it at u are starting all over dont give up m8 good luck
thanks m8  ;)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 11:46:17 pm »
give it a try paul u cud canvass enough for two
be a shame to let yr work go 20+yrs on the glass
more exp than most wise head gud prices
trad n wfp wot more do u need ???? shall i cum kick ya ass
if u left window cleaning wud b a sad day my friend :( :( :( :( :(

paul rulton

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 11:49:08 pm »
Canvass more work and contact an employment agency and hire them as and when needed!
looked at those employment agencys a while back, they want a min of £10 per hour some want up2 £16.... dont think so. thanks tho james44  ;)

paul rulton

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 11:50:35 pm »
give it a try paul u cud canvass enough for two
be a shame to let yr work go 20+yrs on the glass
more exp than most wise head gud prices
trad n wfp wot more do u need ???? shall i cum kick ya ass
if u left window cleaning wud b a sad day my friend :( :( :( :( :(
kind words m8, thanks.... i think  ??? LOL

mci services

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 11:58:36 pm »
have you thought about employing a teenager/school leaver? get them on the wfp with supervision, crack the main bit of work and leave the easy stuff for yourself. even part time its not that costly. with the promise of building for the future and increased hours

paul rulton

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 12:00:24 am »
that is society now.  u have two choice, go down the manager line and employ  or go on the sick,    i personally would employ and then canvess like hell
think thats the way i wanna go  ;)  its just a case of the lack of funds & where 2start  ??? ::) ::)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 12:01:56 am »
paul ma friend after 20+ yrs cleaning glass
its not a hobby lol its an occupation , yr illness as is hindering you
so take up these offers of help youl no if they r genuine or
chancers preying on yr illness to av u over etc , yr far fr dim
ex bouncer etc bailiff windy lol try it u got nothing to lose
only think i see u gaining is a very profitable bizz n a gud friendship
with who eva you decide to go with DONT GIVE UP
you no im talking sense JUST WISH I WERE CLOSER TO HELP YOU BRUV
n show you we all aint out for ourselves  ;) ;) ring me anytime i mean that

paul rulton

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 12:02:21 am »
have you thought about employing a teenager/school leaver? get them on the wfp with supervision, crack the main bit of work and leave the easy stuff for yourself. even part time its not that costly. with the promise of building for the future and increased hours
now thats a good idea  ;)  thanks stu  ;) ;D

mci services

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 12:06:35 am »
think thats the way i wanna go  ;)  its just a case of the lack of funds & where 2start  ??? ::) ::)

go speak to business link/ local council/job centre and any body else you can think of and just ask, i got around 1800 quid of funding to get a young lad employed, not upfront granted, then when they are not cleaning get leafleting and canvassing

richywilts

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 12:07:47 am »
how about giving your work to someone and you work alongside them building up the round together
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2010, 12:12:28 am »
how about giving your work to someone and you work alongside them building up the round together
give me yr work lol ill work wiv u richy  ;D ;D ;D

paul rulton

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2010, 12:18:39 am »

go speak to business link/ local council/job centre and any body else you can think of and just ask, i got around 1800 quid of funding to get a young lad employed, not upfront granted, then when they are not cleaning get leafleting and canvassing
again thaks stu  ;)  thats sounds very helpful  ;D  will speak 2the job center 2moro  ;D thanks m8  ;)

paul rulton

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2010, 12:21:22 am »
paul ma friend after 20+ yrs cleaning glass
its not a hobby lol its an occupation , yr illness as is hindering you
so take up these offers of help youl no if they r genuine or
chancers preying on yr illness to av u over etc , yr far fr dim
ex bouncer etc bailiff windy lol try it u got nothing to lose
only think i see u gaining is a very profitable bizz n a gud friendship
with who eva you decide to go with DONT GIVE UP
you no im talking sense JUST WISH I WERE CLOSER TO HELP YOU BRUV
n show you we all aint out for ourselves  ;) ;) ring me anytime i mean that
thanks m8  ;)  u sure as hell got that rite fella  ;D

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 12:23:36 am »
you no it makes sense  ;D ;D where else can
u get job satisfaction at our hourly rate
LAWYER, BRAIN SURGEON ??????? ;D ;D ;D ;D

paul rulton

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2010, 12:32:29 am »
 ;D ;D ;D

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2010, 12:36:58 am »
glad yr smiling bruv now do summat
with dat bizz ov yrs yeah gud luck paul
m8 in whateva you choose to do but i
think windows need u as you need windows lol
get a young lad for heaven sake man
yr friends (me) r here to guide you
advise u make u smile cheer u up
etc etc ohhhhhhhhhhh n the golden rule
with young uns dont pay em more than twenty a day lol pmsl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2010, 06:59:57 am »
If the work is to much to control regularly then i would sell the round.You would get a cash sum and then get out canvassing straight away and build up again.Then if you find you are not handling it very well again then either rent it out or sell again and rebuild.
If you rent it out at 20% you will only need 5 areas and you will have an income...may take you about a year to do.
Alternatively sell you round and put all your resources into roundbuilding for others.I know you have been having trouble getting people to work with you,but to be honest you need to prove to yourself that you can roundbuild succesfully for others before you take others on.
If you can get the work it can provide a great income.
What ever you do i wish you the best.
Dan ;)

Frankybadboy

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2010, 07:19:19 am »
as stu said get yourself a young un from job center.if you do this i think when i looked into it,then you get £1000 there are t&c attact.get hime to help with the work so it get done then start the canvassing work you said,if you can mate.

paul have you got family to surport?????

russ_clark

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2010, 07:39:06 am »
My suggestion would be to sell your round now
and start up full time canvassing.
Its seems the physical side is what is doing you mate.
Canvassing is not that physical and you have got the head
on your shoulders to price the work you canvass correctly.
I would even rent your round out so you have something coming in
but you know it will not all be roses.
Seriously if you cany do the physical build a new venture canvassing!
look at all the slag off posts re canvassing its gagging for a decent bloke to do it.
All the best mate Russ

ps If you do go down this route I will buy my ladders back  ;)

jonnyald

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2010, 07:42:38 am »
paul-are u big . no offence or anything but if you are id say shed as much weight as u can by stopping scoffing and life will be far easier on you and yer back.

ive only been cleanin 2years but not so long ago was forced to take a long hard look at myself as i was gettin achey back, dizzy spells etc. iv shed 3 stones in 3 months and feel Far better . just a thought, and i wish u all the best mate

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2010, 07:48:33 am »
Paul.

Firstly I would meet up witht the local lads who have offered help, at least for a chat, you never know they could give you a light bulb moment.

I think the only choices you have is employing people or the subbing route.

As for gaining new work, I have a few ideas, not got time to post everything I want to say to you, call me anytime.

Dave

david willis

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2010, 08:40:46 am »
now thats a good idea  ;)  thanks stu  ;) ;D
Why don't you contact your local college and ask about there apprenticeship scheme, if you was thinking about taking on someone aged 16-19 the training element will be funded by the government. A minimum of 16 hours per week paid employment and they have to be paid a minimum of £95 per week.

Could be a good option for you

I hope what ever path you take, it makes you happy and is less painful!

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2010, 09:00:28 am »
best wishes with whatever you decide to do P.R CLEANING.i dread to think what would happen if i was too ill/injured to carry on with my round. ::) ::)

as has been said look after yourself/try and lose weight and see how you go on.if it looks like they is no way of carrying  on then it looks like you will have to sell up and move on or build up more work and employ and you just go out and supervise/and/or start a canvassing company if you think you can manage it.

good luck mate

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

paul rulton

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2010, 09:06:13 am »
as stu said get yourself a young un from job center.if you do this i think when i looked into it,then you get £1000 there are t&c attact.get hime to help with the work so it get done then start the canvassing work you said,if you can mate.

paul have you got family to surport?????
yes i have m8. its been a really hard 4years  :-\  it has not made home life very happy.

p1w1

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2010, 10:19:07 am »
Hello mate, as you know I have a few days free towards the end of each month if you need a hand for a couple days give me a shout may help keep on top of what you have untill you decide what to do and bring funds in a bit quicker don't worry there's no charge LOL well maybe a coffee to get me started in the morn
Best of luck pal
Paul

AJ

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2010, 02:16:31 pm »
Ask yourself how much work you could generate if you were canvassing 5 days a week.
Then you can work out the finances to get someone one to do the work while you get the work. Paying him at the end of the month for the days he's done should give you some breathing space.
Don't give up the business just give up the manual side.

Good luck.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2010, 04:32:44 pm »
By the sounds of it your back won't let you do a lot of work, so there for you can't canvas extra to expand.  You could possibly try to expand and take a managerial role but then you don't have the financial backing.  One other option, examine your prices and give them a massive hike if appropriate.  But it really might be the time to throw the towel in and try something that your body will let you do.  You could sell the round and reinvest in something else or go payee.

Simon.

paul rulton

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2010, 05:38:33 pm »
a BIG part of me is tellin me 2build up the round & try & make 1 or 2more rounds & employ. a smaller part of me is wanting 2sell up & try something else. i guess im finding it a hard choice cause ive been
a windy for about 20years, i do know this business really well & change is scary stuff.
i did phone the job center 2day, & someone was supposed to be getting back to me  ::).
im not wantin 2be be a richman, just happy in life is good enough 4me  ;D.
guess i need 2 talk 2my accountant 2find out wot costs r involved if i look 2employ  ???

paul rulton

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2010, 05:48:06 pm »
wot would u guys do.....??? would u build up the round so its 1 BIG round & employ 2people 2work it, or make say 3 maybe 4 small rounds? small round i guess would be £500pw  ::) God sake i cant even think straight at the mo...   :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\  IM HAVING A MELT DOWN!!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRRHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glen Bullivant

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2010, 05:56:18 pm »
Personally I would keep it all together, then if one employee is excelling you can give them more work, or again if someone is taking a little longer to get used to the job you can give them a smaller workload to start with. if its all together you can divide it how best suits you.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2010, 07:00:34 pm »
do what willis said about employing someone 16 hours per week, and spread it out at 4 hrs per day, easy £100 in 4 hours even for one man then use the afternoons and spare day to canvass

its only gonna cost you £95 a week to start with which is gonna leave you with 305 even though its a drop you will make it up soon with new work plus your work wil be on time more often which will probably make it up as im imagining you are nt always bang upto date if you get back pain plus bad weather etc

Good luck mate

where you based?

paul rulton

« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2010, 07:07:30 pm »
do what willis said about employing someone 16 hours per week, and spread it out at 4 hrs per day, easy £100 in 4 hours even for one man then use the afternoons and spare day to canvass

its only gonna cost you £95 a week to start with which is gonna leave you with 305 even though its a drop you will make it up soon with new work plus your work wil be on time more often which will probably make it up as im imagining you are nt always bang upto date if you get back pain plus bad weather etc

Good luck mate

where you based?
im in Halstead Essex, nr Colchester. why is  that m8?  :)

Sean Dyer

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2010, 07:09:15 pm »
just bein nosey :) if you were nearer i couldve let my lad work for you a day or two a week as hes not always busy just now but you will be better getting one on asap from sound sof it

good luck pal

Frankybadboy

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2010, 08:44:08 pm »
email sent ;)

paul rulton

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2010, 09:01:48 pm »
got it m8  ;D thank you  ;)