Jay Le Huray

self isolating
« on: March 23, 2020, 01:01:43 pm »
as from today my wife has been informed to self isolate for at least 1 week due to her having COPD,
it goes without saying that I will also have to do it otherwise it would be pointless.

I'm not going to inform my customers as yet, I think I would be inclined to leave that for the time being, if it turns out to be over 1 month then I think I would need to inform them just in case they start to think I have packed in.

is anyone else in this situation and if so what are your thoughts?

dazmond

Re: self isolating
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 01:15:46 pm »
as from today my wife has been informed to self isolate for at least 1 week due to her having COPD,
it goes without saying that I will also have to do it otherwise it would be pointless.

I'm not going to inform my customers as yet, I think I would be inclined to leave that for the time being, if it turns out to be over 1 month then I think I would need to inform them just in case they start to think I have packed in.

1 week?it doesnt make sense......the government are telling people to stay in for 12 weeks mate not 1 week if you or your partner have pre existing health conditions.....
price higher/work harder!

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 02:01:48 pm »

1 week?it doesnt make sense......the government are telling people to stay in for 12 weeks mate not 1 week if you or your partner have pre existing health conditions.....
that's what I thought but she says she been advised 1 week if she shows no signs of CV  then carry on as normal?

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 02:14:42 pm »

The person with the symptoms are to isolate for 7 days. If you are in shared accommodation ie a family, then everyone else is 14 days, as it can take upto 7 days to show.  So for instance, you could come down with it on day 9 for example.

If at high risk and not showing the symptoms then I thought it was for 12 wks?

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 02:32:27 pm »
I think the biggest problem is that there is far too much miss leading information circulating on the interweb

andyM

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 02:43:42 pm »
I think the biggest problem is that there is far too much miss leading information circulating on the interweb

I would just stick with the Government and NHS websites and advice if i were you.
If your Mrs is on the high risk list she will be getting a letter in the post in the next few days.
Don't take my word for it, but i believe she will have to isolate for 12 weeks and that includes isolating herself from you, carers and others in the household also.
Im not sure how that is gonna work in practical terms but that's what i heard this morning.
One of the Plebs

Oliver James

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 03:47:03 pm »
This is from the NHS website:

How long to stay at home
If you have symptoms
If you have symptoms of coronavirus, you'll need to stay at home for 7 days.

After 7 days:

if you do not have a high temperature, you do not need to stay at home
if you still have a high temperature, stay at home until your temperature returns to normal
You do not need to stay at home if you just have a cough after 7 days. A cough can last for several weeks after the infection has gone.

If you live with someone who has symptoms
If you live with someone who has symptoms, you'll need to stay at home for 14 days from the day their symptoms started. This is because it can take 14 days for symptoms to appear.

If more than 1 person at home has symptoms, stay at home for 14 days from the day the first person started having symptoms.

If you get symptoms, stay at home for 7 days from when your symptoms start, even if it means you're at home for longer than 14 days.

If you do not get symptoms, you can stop staying at home after 14 days.

Slacky

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 03:52:51 pm »
Just found out my niece has had it, her husband too who has been in hospital with it due to underlying health conditions and their 2 year old daughter and my nieces father, so my brother-in-law.

All have recovered.

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 04:43:10 pm »

She needs to self isolate for seven days if she shows symptoms.
She needs to self isolate for twelve weeks if she has COPD. She'll still have COPD after seven days.
Your wife will probably hear from her GP soon. Or she should.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐