wrighty

Hi,

I am selling my last bit of work that i clean myself.

A few houses and an equestrian centre.

brings in £300 every 4 weeks

takes about 4 hours to do done traditional but could easy be done wfp.

I want £3000 for it.

would be worth travelling from liverpool/Manchester or surrounding areas for this work as its only 4 hrs of your time for £300.00

Im in no mad rush to sell so no daft offers

Thanks

ok cleaning

Re: a few nice jobs for sale in st helens - good money to be earned
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 10:44:31 am »
You must be joking with that price

wrighty

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 09:25:37 pm »
No I'm not  joking. How much do you earn in 4 hrs and what do you think is the right price?

Lee Alliance UK

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 07:34:56 pm »
Hi. The right price for this amount of work is between £1000 & £1500. I may be interested at the right price. Cheers

wrighty

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 06:07:31 pm »
Hi the work is that good it was sold for the asking price today.   The work is top dollar and I am not surprised the 1st to view would buy it.

duncan h

How the hell did you get 10x for it

wrighty

ive done it before and this was very very good work

Smurf

So lets get this right someone paid you 3,000 for 300 per month that will take them 10 cleans to break even right that's if they manage to keep the work? They must be raving bonker as is utter madness if you ask me.

Forum Admin

I find these posts very interesting, when speaking to investors and accountants they explained it to me like this:

Saving £3,000 in the bank over 12 months would give at best 3% interest giving £90 - Money in bank after 12 months £3,090

Paying £3,000 for £300 4 weekly over 12 months would get 30% giving £900 - Money in bank after 12 months £3,900

This of course doesn't take into account the costs involved but I thought was a very interesting way of looking at this.........

Forum Admin

And of course it's year 2 where it get's more interesting:

£3,090 in bank from year 1 over 12 months would give at best 3% interest giving £92.70 - Money after 12 months £3182.70

£3,900 in bank from year 1 over 12 months would give at best 3% giving £117 and working £300 4 weekly over 12 months would get £3,900 - Money in bank after 12 months £7917

Smurf

I suppose the big difference is you are guaranteed interest when saving unlike buying and keeping that bit of work which is sold as just good faith and is not tax deductable either. What would happen when say the new guy turns up and they say sorry we have got someone else now as they don't like the look of the guy (his face did not fit so to speak). That's 3 grand down the swanny surely? 

People seem to forget it's the customer that decides who they want to give the work too not the other way round.

Forum Admin

Yes there is of course risk here and if only it was as simple as the calculations. Signed contracts will never be an option for residential customers unfortunately, work being sold with contracts in place will certainly be worth more due to the lessened risk on return for the buyer.

Smurf

I would have thought any contract in place is null-in-void if passed over/sold to another firm without the consent of the client being a verbal or written contractual agreement. I also don't think a written contractual agreement is worth the paper it's written on myself.

Forum Admin

Well this is where when the contract is being written up you make sure there is a clause for this. Explaining that if the company sells it's contracts they are the ownership of the new buyer and the contracts still stand in place for the duration agreed and signed. There is certainly some better wording available for this but it's definitely something that can be written into a contract.

Smurf

In the real world we are not talking millions of pounds here so who is going to sue a client for breaking their window cleaning contract be it verbal or written. Likewise the other way around unless either party have money to burn   ???

Forum Admin

Oh I definitely agree it's near impossible to have a contract for this work above but worth bearing in mind for purchasing or selling commercial/contracted work in the future.....

I certainly believe that each round for sale has it's own characteristics and there is no hard or fast rule for determining the price, they all have to be taken on their own merits and information. A round with 100 customers established for 5 years is of course worth  more than a round with  120 customers established for 12 months for example.

wrighty

I am cleaning the first clean with the new buyer to ensure a smooth transaction.   yuo get what you pay for and this is prime work of which I was in no hurry to sell.

Smurf

I am cleaning the first clean with the new buyer to ensure a smooth transaction.   yuo get what you pay for and this is prime work of which I was in no hurry to sell.

Fare play to you but whoever paid that much I still think is one sandwich short of a picnic if you ask me.

cleantech-westmids

Smurf you haven't seen the work. A lot round can fetch 10 times the price if it's quality.

He tends to post all negative comments on here.

Good for you wrighty!

wrighty

Thank you Clean Tech... I am a Business man and you get what it is worth.  I am a very experienced window cleaner and business man and I would not rip anyone off but this work was the best I have  had and I have been operating since 2000 and I have sold various work and once had a workforce of 12 people.  I will be out of window cleaning completely from next week