dennis buller

another stupid ?
« on: May 28, 2005, 08:24:10 pm »
wfp seems to need pure water, i live in a first floor flat and no garden. how do you purify water ? how long does it take and where do you guy's store it ?
DENNIS :-[ :-[ :-[

AuRavelling79

Re: another stupid ?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 09:31:03 pm »
I use an aquatec system with a small 200gpd RO unit and I store my water in a 210 litre water butt outside my kitchen window.

If you are in a flat that could be difficult - but a mate of mine who has no vehicle access to his property has his 200gpd R/O (25litres of pure water at TDS 000 per hour) two waterbutts (which take 16 hours to fill the pair of them) in the loft space, runs his hose down a false drain pipe to a tap at ground level. When his van needs filling he parks in the street outside his house and connects up his tank and lets the water fill it up!

The waste from the R/O just goes down the plughole.
It's a game of three halves!

s.hughes

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 11:26:28 pm »
I (which take 16 hours to fill the pair of them)
What the heck. 16 hours, is that for real. Dont you have to keep your eye on it. What if it leaks or over spills in a loft area?

Steveyboy

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 01:57:54 pm »
In exact same position Dennis - I have garage in block nearby but I don't think it helps - Am thinking that it requires a system in the van (probably a trolley for me) and a friend who might have an outside tap -

Also wondered if having di only, means an instant fill up. Though more expensive process than ro, it might be best way in the short term. It would allow for a more rapid 'stop and fill'.  Am very keen on advice on this too