jonnypneumonic

Another Local Scottish Question (W/C Rates)
« on: January 26, 2009, 10:52:58 am »

This is for all the local Scottish window cleaners (Highland / Moray / Grampian).

What do you consider a normal rate for cleaning in the local area. I've seen other posts on here, but they are mainly for down south, which is obviously at a higher rate than us tight fisted Scots  ;D

I'm thinking a start off point of £6.50 for 2-3 bed bungalow / £8-£9 for a upstairs/downstairs.

I know there is a fine line between matching your competitors and pricing yourself out the market.

JP.
Location:  Sunny Nairn (lol), Inverness-shire, Highlands of Scotland.

Always keen to accept constructive advice on setting-up / working in the W/C business.

jonnypneumonic

Re: Another Local Scottish Question (W/C Rates)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 01:58:38 pm »

* Sorry, i don't normally ask so many questions by the way!

On the same line of questioning, how do commercial rates (shop / office windows) differ from domestic; i have no experience of this aspect what so ever.

JP.
Location:  Sunny Nairn (lol), Inverness-shire, Highlands of Scotland.

Always keen to accept constructive advice on setting-up / working in the W/C business.

Dean Aspects

Re: Another Local Scottish Question (W/C Rates)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 04:52:56 pm »
Dont bother with the 0.50p you will always run out of them when you need to give change

I tend to charge £1 per window with a minimum of £10 sometimes it can work out less than £1 per window if they have some small windows

Its just a general figure and can be adjusted as you see fit these prices work for here in Angus and also i have more than enough work so i can dictate the price more you might need to adjust it for your area depends how much competition their is in your area and how good a job you do

Whatever you do decide to charge make sure you dont undercharge to get the job as sometime in the future you will regret it