Rowley65

Advice on window cleaning -please
« on: March 14, 2005, 01:33:48 pm »
Hi everyone

Came across this forum whilst searching for info on setting up as as window cleaner.
I found the archive posts really useful so I registered.

My name is Mike and I am 2 years into a Bsc in Radiography. What am I doing hear then I here u ask! Im totally fed up with the course and despite what Blair tells us about the NHS, it's in a real mess. If I continue with course and qualify, new govenment proposals will mean I will start on a salary as low as £16k p.a, and thats if the Trust has the money to employ me.

Anyway..to business
I am concidering starting a window cleaning round. Im sure its not easy work, but i am physicaly fit and are not afraid of heights or the cold. I want to do it properly and offer a professional service. I aim to start on domestic properties. I have produced some flyers, geting quotes for liability insurance and joining the fed. I would apreciate some advice on roof racks,clamps,ladders and cleaning equiptment i will need. Should I go work for a window cleaner first to get experience? Comment and other practical advice will also be welcome.

Thanks for a great forum Admin
Cheers  :)

Central Window Cleaners

Re: Advice on window cleaning -please
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 03:15:28 pm »
Hi Mike,
where are you based I am currently looking for a window cleaner with a driving license in the Warwickshire area.

Roy Harding

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 03:16:41 pm »
http://soapnational.co.uk/ is one on the cheapest places to get equipment.

If you put a post on the board stateting your area some on may give you a day and teach you a few points. :)

Rowley65

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 07:31:14 pm »
Hi

Thanks so much for your reply. Im afraid Warwickshire might be a bit too far to commute. Im based in Huddersfield. West Yorkshire  :) Anyway, good news (I think) Just come back from town and come back with 3 jobs on commercial properties to do once a fortnight. A Bar, cafe and estate agent. I took advice from other members of not going in  too cheap. I made it clear that I was not in the business of nicking other folks trade and would not undercut. A couple of them sucked through their teeth, but then conceded and said they had not seen a window cleaner for weeks and the price was ok. Said I would come round in 2 weeks so to give me time to practice and get my own gear together Im really chuffed, but with feet on the ground. (no pun intended) ;D

Thanks again for the offer. you guys are great.

Mike

Rowley65

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 07:47:04 pm »
Thanks very much for your reply. gonna check that site.

Im based in Huddersfield, but will travel within reason to benefit from the experience. Everyone is so helpful here. Its a credit to you all. It makes a refreshing change to the shafting and back bitin that goes on in the NHS

P.S see from my other post, I picked up 3 jobs this afternoon :)

Cheers again

Mike

Customers4u

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 12:46:55 pm »
Welcome Rowley65

It IS a hard slog in the first 0-6 months, but get that out of the way and by the winter it should be relatively easy 4 u, we started 9 months ago and have,nt looked back, u ca,nt beat the flexibility and money earning combination of this business.

Hope u do well, am sure u will

Paul  :)
Window cleaning rounds built to your exact requirements