tompoole

Another newbie
« on: January 17, 2008, 05:14:11 pm »
 ;D  Hi People.

Yep another newbie, just thought I would say hello. I have started a window cleaning  round and have been going about 6 weeks , I have picked up about 30 regular customers and hopeing the flyers i have ordered will help build on that, its been very strange being my own boss as I had worked in the print industry for over 20 years and for the first time actually feel free. Ok yes its not the best time of year to start but I plan to be able to pay myself a reasonable wage by the end of the summer,

i do however have a question, I have two customers who had never had their windows cleaned before! and what a mess they were , two units I cant get really clean I have tried scrubing them with microfibres cloths, its almost as if they are permantly rain stained , i was wondering if the upvc windows have soft glass in that once it gets over dirty it actually is almost impossible to get realy clean. Any Ideas! ( vinegar? maybe). I haven't had problems else where just the old upvc units. Most windows I can get almost perfet, nice and clear.

Oh and I'm cleaning with an aplicator, squeege and microfibre cloths.

Cheers

Tom

RO-Sheen

Re: Another newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 05:29:23 pm »
Hi Tom
Welcome to the wonderful world of window cleaning. Being doing it 2 years myself and still loving it!
I use wfp 99.99% of the time but occasionally when I do need to scrub a really bad window and it needs more elbow grease than a wfp can offer I use one of those plastic scrubbers that you would use to clean your non-stick saucepans. Dont know what they are called but Im sure you will recognise them. They tend to come in a packet of 4 or 5 from every supermarket and are all different colours. They are about the size and shape of a cigarette packet and quite spongey and have a 'hairy' plastic coating.
They tend to always do the job but even better if you just put a tiny blob of 'squeegee off' soap (I got mine from Focus).
Formerly known as GARGAAX

pootwo

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 05:47:16 pm »
thats acid rain & the widow:s are fooked

Temple cleaning services

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 10:26:15 pm »
Dont no if i can help u really,but the only experience ive had,with the rain stained look is actually a kind of sap off the trees over the years gettin on the windows,and to be honest theres nothing i can do with them!Ive only come across it on bedroom window and a kitchen 1 below it,because theres a big tree hanging basically ontop of them! I think the glass ha had it!