ben M

Re: FINALY!!!!! new brush
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2018, 11:58:52 am »
Anyone tried this brush yet? Any feedback? Look great!

Jonny 87

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2018, 12:33:22 pm »
Yep.

New pic has been updated and it’s 4 jets, but 4 jets really close together.  :(

Why not have 4 jets evenly spaced. I’m
Still waiting for the dream brush. :)

This is the first brush in the new DuPont™ Hybrid range that we have released - the 26cm (10") standard version. We have had these on testing now for over 6 months and all of our testers have been very impressed with the cleaning and ability and the feel of the brush on the glass. It has rapidly become our testers favorite brush. It is also slightly lighter than our standard Ultimate brushes.

This will be followed by 35cm (14") and 45cm (18") versions in due course.

Jet Spacing - On the standard 26cm (10") version just released the jet holes follow our standard pattern - why this pattern and not 4 evenly spaced jet holes?

This is because the brush has to be adaptable to suit the majority of our brush users preferences. Currently the majority of users want to use either two pencil jets or two fanjets. The twin holes allows some users to have both type fitted next to each other and simply switch T connectors when they want to change.

The desire for jet holes has to be balanced by the loss of bristles around jet holes. Where fanjets are fitted then there needs to be a wider bristle gap around each jet hole. Therefore the current setup has a wider gap around the twin jet holes which suits having either type fitted.

If we had four evenly spaced jet holes on this 26cm (10") brush then none of these holes would be in exactly the right place for the majority of users who use just 2 jets. Also due to the fact that we would need to allow enough space around each jet hole for fanjet use we would would end up losing a few more bristle bunches in each brush - whilst this would lighten the brush it would also reduce cleaning efficiency.

So currently on our 26cm (10") brushes we are staying as we are - however we are looking at jet hole placing moving forward and this may be open to review.

In reality on this size brush two jets with a  decent flow rate is usually enough to clean quickly & efficiently for the majority of our brush users. For those that want a different setup we have the fanjet overspray rinse-bar and we are also just about to release a 30 jet rinse bar that fits on top of any of our brushes. There is also the ability for clients to remove bristle bunches and drill extra jet holes (4.8mm) if they want to tailor our brushes to their exact needs.

Looking at the jet holes on the 35cm brushes -
- these are setup to allow the use of 4 pencil jets as shown. If used with just 2 jets then the other jet hole is used to provide better balance across the width of the brush. This is the jet  hole pattern that will also be used on the 35cm DuPont™ Hybrid brushes.

Thanks for a comprehensive answer Alex.

I understand the business reasoning for staying as things are with the jet placement.

I think I’m Going to get the drill out and do some testing on an older brush.

The supreme stock is my current favourite as it is easy to clean upstairs sills with splay of the bristles, so the dupont version of a supreme would be very well received I’m sure.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

robert mitchell

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2018, 03:26:12 pm »
Alex , are you going to do a stiff version with the DuPont bristles for hot water use ?

Hurry up then ,I want some now  ;D

This option has not been explored yet - but of course it is a possibility.
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

mufcglen

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2018, 04:07:35 pm »
I agree I’d love one of these in supreme, I just can’t get on with all the other brushes with the heads sticking out further then the bristles, I always find they’re more likely to scrape the sills more but supreme is perfect shape.
Get some made Alex I’ll definately be buying some😂👍

paul alan

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2018, 04:31:00 pm »
Anyone tried this brush yet? Any feedback? Look great!
[/quo
hoping mines here tomorrow, so should know by Wednesday.

chris turner

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2018, 07:30:01 pm »
These DuPont bristle brushes  are everywhere now. Xline, window cleaning warehouse and Tucker already make them.
I'm using the wcw version with horse hair, so far so good.
Only used it for a week so far though so not sure how they stand the test of time.