marko

Any wc's from N.ireland
« on: January 14, 2011, 04:42:47 pm »
just wondering if the recession is affecting trade,

JUST GUTTERS

Re: Any wc's from N.ireland
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 09:58:38 pm »
just came across this..good to see another norn irish fellow hanging about this slum....as for your question cant say its effecting myself much..wouldnt like to be starting out..to many at it now..
www.justguttersni.co.uk
clear-clean-repair-replace

jimboo

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 05:34:03 pm »
not really affected us [work mostly in north down]......but yer right about ihcrease in window cleaners
loads of old bangers flyin about with ladders ;D

marko

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 03:53:14 pm »
do you work in Bangor Jimmbo, i knew a window cleaner who worked in Bangor he was called Gordon Duff, his company was called squeaky clean i haven't seen him for years you don't know him by any chance.

jimboo

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 07:49:18 pm »
yeah marco, know him well...think hes livin in dublin now......
u ever work for him?

marko

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 02:58:53 pm »
Yeah, he used to be a builder years ago, he owned a few investment properties in Belfast and Bangor.
I think it was me  who got him into window cleaning, i bumped into him years ago and he told me his building business wasn't going to well and what i was doing, i said that i had got a job cleaning windows and i was getting £12 per hour this was in 1991, he looked impressed and the next thing he was out canvessing ;D

jimboo

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 06:28:26 pm »
he done v. well at the windys marko.....had about 8/10 men workin at one stage...but i think ne ploughed it into property and it went tits up a few years ago...last time i spoke to him he was at the windys in dublin

marko

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 03:29:56 pm »
I heard he used to go canvessing with a briefcase.
the last time i saw him he was living in sydenham in East belfast.