Jonny F

What new tool has made your life better?
« on: December 07, 2009, 02:13:47 pm »
       I saw a post about how wand glides have made cleaning carpet less back breaking and I agree totally. For those of you who have been cleaning carpet for a few years, what new tool, chemical, method, etc has made your job easier to deal with?

For me its the new encapusalting odor removers, they do not add or cover up a smell, they chemically alter the the odor. Until these came out about 5 years ago, you never knew totally if you just covered up that malodor or actually remeadated the situation. I removed some skunk odor this past week, and this technology we take for granted just amazes me (and my customers!)
Jon Firari
Ultra Color Care Services
Spring Hill, TN 37174
IICRC Master Textile Cleaner
IICRC Senior Carpet Inspector
"Been in the business 15 years"

spencer davies

Re: What new tool has made your life better?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 03:20:29 pm »

My iphone...

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 04:30:55 pm »
I didn't appreciate one tool until I lost/mislaid it a few weeks ago. My bone spotting spatula!

Apart from my Greenglide (RIP) the best gadget of recent years has been my furniture sliders. Don't bother with the cheapies from the likes of Lakeland, the professional quality ones are in a different league.

Perhaps a turbo brush too for vaccing upholstery.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
The Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Stu.Clem

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 05:12:15 pm »
Sliderz & sticky tabs for the horrible hard to reach legs.

Another little gem is my kennedy lino knife invaluable for stubborn spotting.

Best new toy is my jawbone prime bluetooth earpiece - useable handsfree auto talk whilst working...

Stu

ps my Prowler is new and that has def changed my life for the better!!!  8)

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 06:22:54 pm »
Me wonder-wand & carpet-cleaner am looking for a new porty keep dropping the hint to wife Xmas is approaching ;)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

stu_thomson

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 06:34:17 pm »
Boxer421 Trucky!
After 18 years of carpet cleaning bought this machine this year and has made my cleaning easier quicker and better

should of done it years ago!
stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

slioch

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 06:40:08 pm »
Jonny - I agree with your comments about odour removers but where did you encounter skunk?

My choice is a dual one - like Stu, I have a Boxer 421 and I hook it up to my RX20 where the job allows - great combination.

Pristine Clean

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 06:46:23 pm »
Me wonder-wand & carpet-cleaner am looking for a new porty keep dropping the hint to wife Xmas is approaching ;)

Len

Hi Len,

As you have a TM why do you want a new porty? Are you selling an old porty?

Oh and the stuff I purchased from you are still going strong

Best tool for me so far is a Welder. But thats not cleaning related. - So best tool for cleaning is - Floor squeegee for vinyl Floors.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

absolutecleaning

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 06:59:55 pm »

Perhaps a turbo brush too for vaccing upholstery.

The Ken

Are you talking about the ones for the Sebos Ken - I can't seem to get on with it - it rotates but there never seems to be enough suction.

Have you ever found this?

Cheers

Simon

Henry Roberts

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 07:03:29 pm »
Hi Ken,

I noticed that you said that the Greeslide was a great tool. Does it get right into corners and up to edges? I wish I'd joined this forum years ago as the topics posted are great.
Ps. Any idea approx cost of wand and best place to buy?

Henry  :)

Henry Roberts

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 07:18:59 pm »
Ken

Just seen topic about Greenslide Wands- Guess I'll have to wait until issues are sorted :'(

Henry

Colin Day

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 07:22:12 pm »
Stair Hose Hook.... Never needed one 'til I started using 2" Hose.....

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 08:06:24 pm »
Henry

I'm a bit old fashioned in that I always clean edges with a hand tool. I use this in my sales pitch as a way of caring for the custy's furnishings and paintwork, so I don't need to work upto the edges with my glided wand. But the glide seems to work well at the edges anyway! In round figures, a Glide costs about £100. It's worth £1000 8)

Simon

It is vital with an upright vac such as my Sebo BS46 to have a new(ish) bag when using the turbo brush. Remove the lance and attach it to the hose. But I normally attach the turbo brush to a cannister vac anyway as it has more "umph".

The Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Len Gribble

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 08:16:49 pm »
Dave

What the sebo duo is still going strong should have asked for more ;) But then I do buy quality stuff  ;D you want to see my carpet-cleaner totally the danglys puts the others to shame ;)

Have been using a mate’s (commercially it reaches parts that others cant) it’s got the psi as a TM, told her indoors to buy Hattie jakes stockings ::) as I like surprises (she’s bound to give me the credit card statement to pay :'() as for selling my ninja the heat is unbelievable possibly :-\

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Pristine Clean

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 08:33:37 pm »

it’s got the psi as a TM,

Len

Len,

What portable has the same PSI as a truckmount.

I must have read it wrong somewhere I thought you only need such hi psi if you were doing hard surface cleaning. - I know the TMs win hands down for looking the part when showing the custy.

As far as the custy is concerned "It looks big so must do a great job". So if your sales pitch is crap it helps.

TMs obviously helps when it comes to refilling. But I only ever had to refil like twice doing your average 4 bed house. And there are ways around that even with a porty.

Also is your Ninja not going as you are using your friends supa Porty with TM power.

Dave

"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 08:35:16 pm »
I find the same simon. I brush upholstery by hand first these days.

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 08:45:39 pm »
My Boxxer 318

regards

Daryl

M.Acorn

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 09:42:54 pm »
Bigger stair tool,sebo duo,and having a machine that`s running right !
What goes around comes around

Jonny F

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 09:48:34 pm »
slioch,

I had a customer that lives in the country, his dog cornered the skunk on his deck and the little critter freaked out and ran through the door into the living room. Animal control had to come remove him to the woods behind their house.
Jon Firari
Ultra Color Care Services
Spring Hill, TN 37174
IICRC Master Textile Cleaner
IICRC Senior Carpet Inspector
"Been in the business 15 years"