Darren O

What PSI For Wonderwand
« on: September 12, 2009, 08:31:41 am »
Iam trying to work out what psi to run the wonderwand on when i used it yesterday the waste tank overflowed and i wasnt even finished the lounge carpet i was runing it at 300psi with the larger 015 jets it felt i was emptying the machine more than cleaning the carpets.I was also thinking of putting the original 01 jets back on to save water i was probably going to slow with the wand also do you have to do dry passes with the wand.cheers Darren.

Joe H

Re: What PSI For Wonderwand
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 03:10:05 pm »
Darren
i would put the standard jets back in.
Try it then at the 300psi you worked yesterday and see if the water usage is much better.
Could try 250psi and see how it goes.
Wouldnt think you need dry passes in normal situations.

My experiance with Wonderwand was with the CFR machine and used that at 500psi but it was recycling water - thats the difference.

Darren O

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 03:30:01 pm »
Joe it uses a lot more water than i thought it would iam going to try the 01 jets and see what thats like when i bought my Powerflight machine from Cleaning System Uk they said to run the WW at 500psi to me thats madness the recovery tank only holds about 30litres.I must admit the drying times are brilliant.

Paul Simpson

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 10:50:43 pm »
I have a Perfect heat with wonder wand with original jets and usually have the pressure running between 200-300psi, normally don't need any higher.
Did 3 rooms and a hallway today on 1 full solution tank, emptying twice and still had plenty left to rinse the waste tank with so something doesn't sound right.

Darren O

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 01:11:42 pm »
Used the Wonderwand again today this time used the 01 jets and ran it at 300psi worked a lot better i think the other day i was going far to slow with the passes at the end today i was runing at 350psi and the carpets were looking great but it still takes some getting used to.