Karl Wildey

www.ecocarpetcare.co.uk
« on: December 17, 2008, 04:54:51 pm »
WAs going to join the ecocarpetcare network a few months back but never got around to it. just got a letter from alltec who are setting up an ecocarpetcare national network, and its thye same web site :P

any one knows what is going on?

Barry Livingstone

Re: www.ecocarpetcare.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 05:32:02 pm »
Keith Robertson does training for Altec so id say there behind it ......
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 05:37:01 pm »
Hi Guys

Alltec bought the eco carpet care network and as was explained at their promotion days they are going to promote it as an eco friendly network, which you can pay about 35 Quid a month to be on.I believe there is also a signing on fee.

I too received the card about being acredited but as I run the Green Carpet Cleaning Network I don't suppose they will want me  ;)

Cheers

Doug

Dave_Lee

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 07:08:44 pm »
Alltec did purchase the website from its originator, who is being retained as a consultant. The minimum per month is £47 plus vat for the basic membership after the joining fee. Membership is going to be strictly only available to certified operators. This certification is currently being researched for a January launch, during which all members have to attend specific instructional courses.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

carlton care

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 07:28:16 pm »
I'm very surprised that Alltec's going down that route !!

pete sween

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 07:33:19 pm »
Me too but fair play to Spencer for getting backing from Alltec.

Karl Wildey

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 07:39:15 pm »
I was going to join ecocarpetcare for a one off fee of £150.00, glad I did not as it seems to have been scrapped and is now run by alltec.
£500 + a year, seems too high to me so not sure if I would join, and maybe if I had stayed at the alltec day along with Doug I would have know all this already, oh well, thanks for filling in the gaps.

Bob Robertson

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 08:36:09 pm »
Me too but fair play to Spencer for getting backing from Alltec.

I dont think its Spencers site. His is http://www.naturalcarpetcare.co.uk/

Bob

craigp

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 09:04:56 am »
Save money join Dougs, I have, the more hop in the better it can work, I'm hoping he will improve the site and give ecocarpetcare a run for their money.

A map of UK and click on the areas would be good like on ncca site.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 04:16:26 pm »
Hi Guys

Green Carpet Cleaning Network is going to get better and better next year.

I haven't had much chance to update recently due to Xmas rush but will soon will, we are No.1 for green and 3 for Eco .

I have been experimenting with Google addwords and will try various different approaches.

Could try accreditation buts its all bull and I want to avoid that approach.

Cheers
Doug

clinton

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 05:20:49 pm »
Doug

It will be good to see it up on google when you have worked your magic  on it :)

Dave_Lee

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 06:29:59 pm »
Karl,
You get a lot more than just the eco site for your money from Alltec, contact them to find out.
Also they are not going down 'this route', or changing what they are doing, this is in addition to what they already do, so you can offer your customers the option and be there for those are actively seeking a green CC.
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

Paul_Ashworth

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 06:42:47 pm »
Thats the one thing I Dont like about Alltec, It seems to me they are looking for something to fill the Failed Anthea Turner package !! Maybe wrong.

They have some of the best truckmounts out there and should just stick to selling them and chemicals training etc, They are starting to come accross like the Kirkby vacuum sales people, For nearly £500 you can have your own eco web site and dont have to pay year after year.

Paul

derek west

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 06:55:34 pm »
i approached alltec before a started up.
they said stick with us and watch the money come rolling in while you put your feet up and drink tea with misses jones, then go for a good round of golf and money will still be pooring into your account.
i put the phone down and went to make a brew, put my feet up, watched some golf, then went back to the phone and said, nice one cheers, i'll be in touch. ;D
not for me, he didn't see me coming.
derek

Dave_Lee

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 07:11:49 pm »
Derek,
Going off subject, but the thing is, there are lots of guys who do, get lots of money going into their bank account regularly, no matter whether they are on holiday, taking time off for pastimes, or suffering a bout of illness etc. Some have more guaranteed money coming in over the next 12 months than most CCs take in a year.
Paul,
You may be right about the Anthea thing, still it was nice meeting her, and no I didnt sign up to it. What about that drink?
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

Bob Robertson

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 08:09:06 pm »
Alltec are now running courses to, Quote ''Learn how you can grow your business by becoming one of the UK's first Certified eco cleaners'' . Who are Alltec to certify anyone ? Surly it should be done be an independent organisation and not a profit making company sellling there eco products and non eco products.

Bob

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2008, 09:16:42 pm »
I've had their letter too Bob - but I am already building my business by being a UK eco cleaner, just don't see the need to pay Alltec any of my hard earned for the privilege of holding a worthless accreditation from them.

Wonder how they feel about the whole Anthea thing now that her husbands businesses have gone tits up and she is forced to do Flash adverts !

Steve

Len Gribble

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 10:14:49 pm »
Bob

Tell me more about Mattress cleaning, is it a growing business? I harp on being a pro dose she take notice. 8)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Bob Robertson

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 11:08:33 pm »
Steve

You are bang on. I could add anyone a reciprical link to my site for eco carpet cleaning for free. It was 3rd on google but has dropped down as no work has been done on it lately but it will get worked on in the new year.

Len

Mattress cleaning is what I started to do when I first started up in business 3 years ago. It was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent. I still get the odd job from it ,but  it is not a money maker by any means. Even after the One Show on the BBC profiled it, I didn't even get one call regarding mattress cleaning. If anything I get more calls from people asking me if it is a good business to start up,to which I always tell them - Don't waste your money!

bob

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2008, 11:34:11 pm »
The thing people might forget about Alltec and Mr Saunders is that He is trying to promote HIS business. It is not purely philanthropic!

If yours is promoted at the same time then that is a fortunate co-incidence.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Karl Wildey

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 11:09:25 am »
went to view my truckmount at the anthrea turner show and was standing right next to her, before she went on. Shes a bit too thin and her hair was ok in the 80's, but saying that you would ;D

Neil Grainger

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2008, 02:28:11 pm »
Shame she is about to go bust and her and her husband are being investigated for Fraud. Dont think she will be the face of Alltec for much longer.

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2008, 03:31:01 pm »
Has she been in the jungle yet? If not she's a guaranteed place for next year.

She wanted to do strictly but they laughed at her and offered her hole in the wall.

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2008, 05:56:19 pm »
do people really want an eco clean, from my experience, they want a good job done,

iv spoken to a couple of customers about "environmentally friendy products"
and most of the replies have been "do the products clean as well or are they weaker"

seems like its making the sales part of the job harder trying to convince people your products do the job.

also seems like all the big companies that sell the products are jumping on the "green wagon" to line thier pockets

Joe H

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008, 06:13:43 pm »
Mike
I am finding some people are interested in a "green" clean but others just want a clean no matter what.
Did a job for a lady last week where she had a health problem and searched the internet for a product that she felt she could have her carpets cleaned with that would not affect her.
She asked would I be happy to use her "product". I said yes as long as it was ok to use in my machine.
As it happened I already had the product in my van.

I am finding that "green" cleaning products are getting better as time goes on - development I suppose, and now can use some "green" products where I would have had to revert back to strong detergents

clinton

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 06:29:52 pm »
Might try the new prochem green range ???

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 06:53:58 pm »
green products are becoming the norm, because suppliers and distributors are telling us so, iv never had any probs using my prochem range, all are british standard approved.
iv tried microsplitters and that "BMW M power" stuff and not been impressed,

no doubt there are customers that may not like some products and would prefer green cleaners, but normally only because its the current trend (apart from the odd customer who may have an allergic reaction)

i also dont like these cleaning businesses that say they use no chemicals, this is pretty much impossible unless they use the contents (or not) of the universe (a vacuum)
every known substance is a chemical, in fact water is a very volatile solvent, people can normally see straight through it

well il stop moaning now, sorry :-[

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2008, 12:04:45 am »
I think alltec lost its chance

They had loads of people there in Sept

Like an Amway rally generated enthusiasim

But let every one go home without signing up

Then try to do it again.

Basically THe  Succces Coach price is more reasonble, but all the Guarantees apears to be gone.

Did listen to  a coaching Download  last week and Truckmounts and mutiple techs seem to be trend

Chris Bailey claimed 80% conversion and average sale £200 plus

Dave_Lee

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2008, 04:47:51 pm »
I just hope the likes of Alltec, Hydramaster and Prochem survive the downturn as its obviously affected them. Us that have expensive equipment from these companies, rely on them to be there if and when needed, so the need to support them is obvious.
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2008, 06:40:53 pm »
Looks like Credit Accounts willbe gone in Feb  that should release some cash for Alltec

JandS

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2008, 07:57:55 pm »
Do people really have matresses cleaned??
Thought they just binned them and bought new.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Ryan Smyth

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2009, 07:56:05 pm »
I enquired about joining eco carpet care from altec the other day,i was more interested in the fastrack marketing aspect of it but i recieved a call instead from William Little who owns and runs cleaning doctor and is also the irish distributer of alltec machines and products.He more or less said the eco carpet care wasnt finallised and in underlying terms because i am from n.ireland and would be in competition with him that any alltec systems (fasttrack,eco carpet) wouldnt be available to me.Now to say im p**sed off would be an understatement,although i was forewarned by a cc who lives near me that he had booked and paid for an alltec course or seminar and just before the date he was due to go he had his money refunded as he later learned on the grapevine that he had been blackballed by the "doctor".Now to me this smacks of discrimination,just because he is the irish distributer for alltec and uses their marketing systems he can block me going on them!!I know for a fact that some on this forum are affilillates of eco carpet care and just because im from Ireland why can i not join?
In fairness i see this as something just out of principle that merits legal advice.

Ryan >:( >:( >:( >:(

Len Gribble

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2009, 09:41:34 pm »
I believe dry fusion have a similar set up in Ireland, re law Scotland have their own, England and Wales have combined, no mention of Northern Ireland, check your insurance detail always exclude NI, sorry I cant be of further help.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Joe H

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2009, 09:49:08 pm »
Seems a bit odd that Alltec did not call you and explain things.

Maybe when you join that "club" you buy into an area. Dont know really.

clinton

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2009, 02:52:35 pm »
May even be the old boys network club ;)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2009, 05:43:38 pm »
I tried to join Success Coach last week without joining ECO Network

If robert had said Yes he would have had £150 a month of me plus regular trips across to Flowmere i never leavewithout buying somthing

I would then consider joining Network a little while down the track

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2009, 06:23:39 pm »
Ian

Are you saying you can't join one without the other ?

Steve

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2009, 06:27:18 pm »
thats what Robert says

he cant understand why i should not want it.

Look upon as Yellow page advert

ive just cancelled my yellow Page Advert.

Plus my own web site is a family project

Somthing for us all to work on in diffrent parts of the country

Plus i think print on EcoCare is a bit small and Im not impressed by it

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2009, 06:53:38 pm »
I can't get it out of my head that the the majority of people who are "Eco Warriors" live in caravans, have dread locks and stink! If they don't wash their hair, why on earth would they be interested in having their carpets cleaned? ;D ;D ;D

clinton

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2009, 07:13:04 pm »
Ian

Are the guys doing this eco care etc running t mounts ???

Reply from IAN

They sure are

Being involved in Environmental Politics and dealing with it everyday of my life I am concerned about ECO for Eco sake. Im not Green myself but have to deal with issues such as Windfarms  Recycling, Where does it Go  Composting etc

Although when I did the ECO Carpet Cleaning Training  it was said that basically we would Clean A Carpet as ECO as possible depending on Condition.

Look at ways we work . Some  were prepared to Off Set Carbon emmisions etc
Work at reducing Containers etc

When asked at the training session how many people recyle only two people put their hands up

My problem is with Psudeo Greens  Jumping on Green Band Wagon

Having Four by Fours and Jags etc.

My true Green Friends  ride about town on pedal bikes,  Make Carpets last for 30 years but only have them cleaned after about 25 years.

Turn Lights Off  Have very little heating Grow own Vegetables etc

If anyone else did attend Alltec Green Days  Have you got your Certificates yet?

craigp

Re: www.ecocarpetcare.co.uk New
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2009, 07:13:40 pm »
Ryan,

Call Alltec and see if you can join, I would want to hear it from the horses mouth.

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2009, 07:19:53 pm »
Colin

Let me tell you. In the main, they are the well healed. They have few problems in life, least of which is money.

It's a well known fact people search out something to worry themselves about if all their basic needs are met (it's a Maslow thing). The environment serves this purpose extremely well.

I'm sure the Alltecs etc have figured this out. It's not the eco bit it's the socio-demographic.

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2009, 08:02:29 pm »
Mike,

I couldn't agree more ???

Colin

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2009, 01:27:51 am »
Ryan

One thing I do remember is when people asked if they could have exclusive areas on Eco Website they were told no.

Postcodes like NCCA website customer will get a choice.

Postcode Numbers depend on level Membership  or paying £25 per additional Code.

When chatting to Mr Little  I  felt I wasabout to besued for Trading as Carpet Medic

They used to be called Carpet Doctor  but now everthing is Cleaning Doctor
Carpet Cleaning window Cleaning and dDomestic Cleaning 

I donot know how much support he gives but his Franchises are not cheap

murky

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2009, 12:03:06 pm »
That Robert makes me laugh.

Anybody seen the effing great 4 wd black monsters they drive, I bet they arent running on LPG! ( there is an old gas guzzler of a Jag up there that I think probably came from The Sweeney.

Green, very hypocritical in deed. The only thing green about them is thats what they think we are.

Brilliant service there, but sometimes people like that need to have a look around themselves and see what they look like to the outside.

Murky

Ryan Smyth

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2009, 01:12:03 pm »
tried phoning Robert,couldnt get him,then I sent an email-no response.What a load of bo**ock* !!
Its like there only being 1 fasttracker allowed in England,1 in Scotland and 1 in wales....this is the situation as i see it over here in N.Ireland because of cleaning doctor.

Ryan

collins ReVive Stoneworks

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2009, 07:22:19 pm »
i personally believe if that if you buy there chemicals then the eco site should be free for you.

its a win win for saunders any way

although i just wonder if he wont fall outa bed with solutions

or copy there stuff!!!

still i am not going to grill alltec that would not be right they have done a lot to promote carpet cleaning for the benfit of first themselves and ultimately you guys too.

Eco carpet cleaning is the buzz word at the moment , till everyone is singinmg the same,

whats, the next thing i wonder to get ahead of the game,

i will ponder that

Karl

Karl collins

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2009, 09:13:41 am »
Did you sent email  to robert@alltec.co.uk

He does reply.

Did you ask fora ring back.?

Ryan Smyth