Karl Wildey

www.ecocarpetcare.co.uk
« on: December 17, 2008, 04:54:51 pm »
WAs going to join the ecocarpetcare network a few months back but never got around to it. just got a letter from alltec who are setting up an ecocarpetcare national network, and its thye same web site :P

any one knows what is going on?

Barry Livingstone

Re: www.ecocarpetcare.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 05:32:02 pm »
Keith Robertson does training for Altec so id say there behind it ......
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 05:37:01 pm »
Hi Guys

Alltec bought the eco carpet care network and as was explained at their promotion days they are going to promote it as an eco friendly network, which you can pay about 35 Quid a month to be on.I believe there is also a signing on fee.

I too received the card about being acredited but as I run the Green Carpet Cleaning Network I don't suppose they will want me  ;)

Cheers

Doug

Dave_Lee

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 07:08:44 pm »
Alltec did purchase the website from its originator, who is being retained as a consultant. The minimum per month is £47 plus vat for the basic membership after the joining fee. Membership is going to be strictly only available to certified operators. This certification is currently being researched for a January launch, during which all members have to attend specific instructional courses.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

carlton care

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 07:28:16 pm »
I'm very surprised that Alltec's going down that route !!

pete sween

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 07:33:19 pm »
Me too but fair play to Spencer for getting backing from Alltec.

Karl Wildey

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 07:39:15 pm »
I was going to join ecocarpetcare for a one off fee of £150.00, glad I did not as it seems to have been scrapped and is now run by alltec.
£500 + a year, seems too high to me so not sure if I would join, and maybe if I had stayed at the alltec day along with Doug I would have know all this already, oh well, thanks for filling in the gaps.

Bob Robertson

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 08:36:09 pm »
Me too but fair play to Spencer for getting backing from Alltec.

I dont think its Spencers site. His is http://www.naturalcarpetcare.co.uk/

Bob

craigp

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 09:04:56 am »
Save money join Dougs, I have, the more hop in the better it can work, I'm hoping he will improve the site and give ecocarpetcare a run for their money.

A map of UK and click on the areas would be good like on ncca site.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 04:16:26 pm »
Hi Guys

Green Carpet Cleaning Network is going to get better and better next year.

I haven't had much chance to update recently due to Xmas rush but will soon will, we are No.1 for green and 3 for Eco .

I have been experimenting with Google addwords and will try various different approaches.

Could try accreditation buts its all bull and I want to avoid that approach.

Cheers
Doug

clinton

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 05:20:49 pm »
Doug

It will be good to see it up on google when you have worked your magic  on it :)

Dave_Lee

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 06:29:59 pm »
Karl,
You get a lot more than just the eco site for your money from Alltec, contact them to find out.
Also they are not going down 'this route', or changing what they are doing, this is in addition to what they already do, so you can offer your customers the option and be there for those are actively seeking a green CC.
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

Paul_Ashworth

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 06:42:47 pm »
Thats the one thing I Dont like about Alltec, It seems to me they are looking for something to fill the Failed Anthea Turner package !! Maybe wrong.

They have some of the best truckmounts out there and should just stick to selling them and chemicals training etc, They are starting to come accross like the Kirkby vacuum sales people, For nearly £500 you can have your own eco web site and dont have to pay year after year.

Paul

derek west

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 06:55:34 pm »
i approached alltec before a started up.
they said stick with us and watch the money come rolling in while you put your feet up and drink tea with misses jones, then go for a good round of golf and money will still be pooring into your account.
i put the phone down and went to make a brew, put my feet up, watched some golf, then went back to the phone and said, nice one cheers, i'll be in touch. ;D
not for me, he didn't see me coming.
derek

Dave_Lee

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 07:11:49 pm »
Derek,
Going off subject, but the thing is, there are lots of guys who do, get lots of money going into their bank account regularly, no matter whether they are on holiday, taking time off for pastimes, or suffering a bout of illness etc. Some have more guaranteed money coming in over the next 12 months than most CCs take in a year.
Paul,
You may be right about the Anthea thing, still it was nice meeting her, and no I didnt sign up to it. What about that drink?
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

Bob Robertson

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 08:09:06 pm »
Alltec are now running courses to, Quote ''Learn how you can grow your business by becoming one of the UK's first Certified eco cleaners'' . Who are Alltec to certify anyone ? Surly it should be done be an independent organisation and not a profit making company sellling there eco products and non eco products.

Bob

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2008, 09:16:42 pm »
I've had their letter too Bob - but I am already building my business by being a UK eco cleaner, just don't see the need to pay Alltec any of my hard earned for the privilege of holding a worthless accreditation from them.

Wonder how they feel about the whole Anthea thing now that her husbands businesses have gone tits up and she is forced to do Flash adverts !

Steve

Len Gribble

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 10:14:49 pm »
Bob

Tell me more about Mattress cleaning, is it a growing business? I harp on being a pro dose she take notice. 8)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Bob Robertson

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 11:08:33 pm »
Steve

You are bang on. I could add anyone a reciprical link to my site for eco carpet cleaning for free. It was 3rd on google but has dropped down as no work has been done on it lately but it will get worked on in the new year.

Len

Mattress cleaning is what I started to do when I first started up in business 3 years ago. It was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent. I still get the odd job from it ,but  it is not a money maker by any means. Even after the One Show on the BBC profiled it, I didn't even get one call regarding mattress cleaning. If anything I get more calls from people asking me if it is a good business to start up,to which I always tell them - Don't waste your money!

bob

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2008, 11:34:11 pm »
The thing people might forget about Alltec and Mr Saunders is that He is trying to promote HIS business. It is not purely philanthropic!

If yours is promoted at the same time then that is a fortunate co-incidence.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way