steve@sjb

steampro 2000 powermax or powerplus
« on: February 11, 2007, 10:33:54 am »
I AM LOOKING TO INVEST IN A NEW MACHINE PROCHEMS STEAMPRO RANGE AND AM UNDECIDED ON WHICH MACHINE TO GO FOR APART FROM THE OBVIOUS[THE CAPACITY OF THE POWERPLUS ] CAN ANYONE WAY UP THE PROS AND CONS!I AM LEANING TOWARDS THE POWERPLUS BUT AS I WILL BE DOING BOTH DOMESTIC AND COMMERCIAL IS IT A BIT BULKY FOR THE DOMESTIC SIDE? ANYONE WHO HAS THESE MACHINES I WOULD BE ETERNALLY GRATEFULL FOR ANY ADVICE

dirtbusters

Re: steampro 2000 powermax or powerplus
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 01:08:34 pm »
do yourself a favour and spend that little extra on an ashbys ninja with 400 psi pump and steamate or similar spec machine. we used prochem for 20 years and they just have not advanced like other companies who are trying to bridge the gap between truckmount and box standard portable. the steempro will do the job but if you use a machine with high psi and high heat there is no comparison.

steve@sjb

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 02:50:25 pm »
HAVE READ A LOT OF GOOD REPORTS ON THE STEAMPRO SERIES AND THERE IS A LOCAL PROCHEM DEALER TO ME WITH ONSITE WORKSHOPS SHOULD I HAVE ANY FUTURE MAINTENAINCE PROBLEMS HAVE LOOKED AT THE ASHBYS SITE BUT DOESNT SPECIFY PRICES ETC

spickandspan

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 05:28:58 pm »
I agree with dirtbuster Prochem are getting left behind.
If at first you dont succed.......Dont try skydiving.

Robert Watson

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 05:45:10 pm »
You can get excellent results with a Steam pro Plus, if you get your prep work right. OK, it can take you longer, but if your just starting out or working as a good two man team, not really a problem.
Wouldn't swap it for my Speedster though.
Good luck with whatever you go for.
Rab.
The Kitchen Door Centre

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 01:01:46 am »
get a powermax then uprate the pump.
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

John_McGavin

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 11:34:11 am »
Ive got the 2 machines and both work great, although the max really does need 2 people.

Im actually selling one in the items for sale if ur interested? machine, want, hand tool, upholstery tool & 2 sets of 25ft solution & va hoses.

John

PS Ninjas are ok too but I definately prefer the steempro. looks better and in my opinion easier to move around and get in & out the van etc.
John, Falkirk, Scotland

steve@sjb

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 02:14:57 pm »
thanks john but why does the max need 2 people when the plus is the bigger machine? will look at items for sale when my decision is made on what machine to go for but what machine are you selling plus or max?

Graeme@Access

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 02:33:54 pm »
get a powermax then uprate the pump.

Which pumps >100psi fit in the powermax?

Graeme
Access Cleaning Solutions