« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2011, 07:14:39 pm »
almost

£9.50 minus £3.80 tax at 20% leaves

£5.70 for the 2 hour clean

Mike Mahoney

Re: ''GROUPON''!!!!!!
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2011, 09:39:01 pm »
Hector

how do you get to that figure, I thought it was £19, less 35% + the vat hence 19-6.65= 12.35 less 20% = £9.88, forgive me if I am wrong I am not starting a debate just trying to understand how it works.

MCM
MIKE MAHONEY

Clean Enviro UK Ltd.
cleanenviro.co.uk
07877 467811

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2011, 06:38:48 am »
no worries
groupon usually take 50% = 9.50
then they take VAT @20% = 3.80

which means that they take 13.30

maths problems       ............... easy
why I went with groupon ?       ??

jasonl

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2011, 07:33:58 am »
You can negotiate with Groupon , they say 50% first , you can get a much better deal though .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

JandS

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2011, 10:09:03 am »
Mike

Your taxed on what you earn i.e. £19.
Not what's left after Groupon cut.
Worth it.......................I think not.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2011, 11:09:44 am »
Just had a woman call me wanting to know if I can beat jason's groupon price and she divided the deal up and wanted only one carpet cleaned :o I gave her my normal price I think she went into AnaphylAtic shock ;D

Shaun

AshWhite

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2011, 11:17:15 am »
Just had a woman call me wanting to know if I can beat jason's groupon price and she divided the deal up and wanted only one carpet cleaned :o I gave her my normal price I think she went into AnaphylAtic shock ;D

Shaun

Ducks a*se comes to mind..
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2011, 12:23:47 pm »
I'm not so sure if it is I think it could be peoples competitive nature but I did hear her husband shouting things like "stand back" and "clear" also "10cc's" aswell as "get a priest" obviously not one of my customers neither one Jason's or Groupons infact not even a rugdoctor customer.

Shaun

Helen

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2011, 01:30:24 pm »
I'm not so sure if it is I think it could be peoples competitive nature but I did hear her husband shouting things like "stand back" and "clear" also "10cc's" aswell as "get a priest" obviously not one of my customers neither one Jason's or Groupons infact not even a rugdoctor customer.

Shaun

we all need to train in CPR and make sure we get the adddress before we give our price...we could all be heroes then ;D ;D ;D

Obviously this person did not read Jason groupon deal through. What did she expect one carpet for £11.00.....................lol

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2011, 05:03:59 pm »
I think she read it and thought that she could dictate the price unfortunately some people think because there's a recession that they can tell us what they want to pay and most probably what quality they want and also that if they  aren't 100% happy that they won't pay or keep calling you back.

Shaun

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2011, 05:47:00 pm »
Simple rule when customers compare prices.

Tell them you get what you pay for, and there's a reason why someone will offer £20 for a carpet clean......they are either cr-p at it or will be pressure upsell when they get to you. That usually focuses their mind for me ;D

I don't care if it's true or not, this is business and we're in it for ourselves.

**awaits onslaught from Moanie Fridays** ;D

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2011, 09:56:43 pm »
but the next time you use them foggers youve got, advise your friendly local fire station, full time or retained.... they are all only trying to save lives and property.   

The purpose of that thread was to keep the readers attention whilst bringing to them that you need to make sure all bases are covered, otherwise that is what could happen.
I'm not pleased that they came out (for the reasons you gave) and was pretty well embaressed about it, but what's done is done and others reading it should hopefully learn from it. ;)

jasonl

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2011, 03:31:59 pm »
most groupons so far have had stairs cleaned which my helper does while i clean other carpets .... Most do not have the 3 cleaned most we are done in under an hour and are paid 50 min no selling just simple confirming the add on prices which were clearly stated in the deal  it will not make us rich just a decent profit and a better customer list
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings