wayne zabel

Rectangular mark/stain/????
« on: August 09, 2010, 05:11:00 pm »
I did a carpet in a modern apartment on saturday.It was a polyprop low profilish and stuck down to the floor.

There was a large area of the carpet about 5x3 ft that was rectangular in shape and quite uniform and was darker than the rest of the room.At first I thought it was a large stain but nothing I did made it any different.I tried HWE,I then put some Microsplitter on a small patch of it and rubbed with a towel.No transfer at all.

Could it be an area that has maybe had a rug or table there and the rest of the carpet has gone lighter in shade and so makes that area appear dark.The apt hasn't been built that long........would a carpet go lighter that quick?Any other idead what it could be

Certainly hasd me confused,

davep

Re: Any Ideas Please Rectangular shape stain
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 05:13:50 pm »
Some apartments in city centres can suffer with a lot of polution that gets into the carpet and so can get dirty quick, most prob a rug thats been taken away.  Just put another one down and job a goodun  ;)

cannon

Re: Rectangular mark/stain/????
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 05:25:26 pm »
Just an idea.....could it be a shadow??

The time ive spent scrubbing away and its turned out to be a shadow ???

Mainly when i first started but if im honest it still catches me out odd times.

Steve Chapman

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 05:47:23 pm »
its possible a rug has been there previously and dye from the backing has transferred to the carpet

after being there for a long time, have seen this a few times and normally impossible to remove,

Regards
steve

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 06:26:36 pm »
i've forgotten its name but could it be BHT(?) yellowing. where a rug naturally oxidises in the atmosphre releasing a gas which discolours the carpet.

but my first guess would be the rest of the carpet has faded.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Phillip Mold

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 11:22:16 pm »
Agree, sounds like the rest of the carpet has faded
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can