G Griffin

Re: Whys it greedy to work
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2020, 02:52:40 pm »
There's a painter painting my neighbours house right now.

He's working quietly, all alone, and no-one is around him.

Doesn't the greedy barsteward know that he's killing people?  How can he sleep at night?

I think I'll get some photos of him and shame him on social meeja!!!
So from this tiny bit of curtain twitching, you have ascertained that he has followed the government guidelines throughout his working day? Even travelling to and from this absolutely necessary work?
There might be a job for you then. Poacher turned gamekeeper.

Btw, noisy painting is allowed if you follow the government guidelines.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2020, 02:54:42 pm »
So from this tiny bit of curtain twitching, you have ascertained that he has followed the government guidelines throughout his working day? Even travelling to and from this absolutely necessary work?

[HYSTERICAL MODE ON] SHAME ON HIM.  He's killing people. [HYSTERICAL MODE OFF]
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Missing Link

« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2020, 02:55:43 pm »
Just listening to yesterday's PM's briefing.

Professor Chris Whitty (Chief Medical Advisor) says the modelling they've done takes into account that a lot of people will still go to work, but where it's discretionary, he wants them working from home. 

He goes onto say that many of the things we're going to be asked to do will have to be done over a sustained period of time. And if they make things too difficult, too early, it won't be sustainable.

Professor Vallance (Cheif Scientific Officer) says the best way to break transmissions of the virus is for people to stay in their house.  But that's not possible for everyone and goes onto talk about the 2 metre rule.

The PM says he is not closing down the economy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000h4zl/briefings-downing-street-coronavirus-news-conference-25032020

Griff, listen to the daily briefing.

It has scientists explaining stuff on it.

If you get confused, give me a shout and I'll help reduce your stupid.

Link in the quote.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

G Griffin

« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2020, 03:13:58 pm »

[HYSTERICAL MODE ON] SHAME ON HIM.  He's killing people. [HYSTERICAL MODE OFF]
It's the quiet ones that you have to watch.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

CleanClear

« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2020, 03:22:43 pm »
I emailed my MP yesterday and got this reply -

In your letter you mentioned "we" , how does that work in practice ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

davids3511

« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2020, 03:26:40 pm »

4 guys 4 vans each responsible for their own lot of customers

CleanClear

« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2020, 03:27:08 pm »
Things is changing fast out there. Only allowed in the Supermarkets now one at a time, i.e one person one basket/trolley you and your missus for example can not go in together. No shortage of food etc.. but big queues, barriers, 2 metre distance. So many allowed  etc... A day or two of life like that and social pressure will make peoples minds up i think.

CleanClear

« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2020, 03:30:16 pm »

Social distancing gonna be a problem for you in each van or don't you forsee that ?

andyM

« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2020, 03:31:57 pm »

Social distancing gonna be a problem for you in each van or don't you forsee that ?

One would assume it's one van per person.
That's how i read it anyway.
One of the Plebs

CleanClear

« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2020, 03:35:13 pm »

One would assume it's one van per person.
That's how i read it anyway.

Duh !!!! Ignore me, i read 4 guys in two vans.................

Dry Clean

« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2020, 03:44:47 pm »
Not a single factory in my area closed and all but one is non essential, are all their employees staying at least 2 meters apart ? not a chance, Iv worked all week and haven't come in contact with a single person, the stupidity in this is only bested by shiners who are too stupid to realise that they're not the problem.

CleanClear

« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2020, 04:34:36 pm »
Not a single factory in my area closed and all but one is non essential, are all their employees staying at least 2 meters apart ? not a chance, Iv worked all week and haven't come in contact with a single person, the stupidity in this is only bested by shiners who are too stupid to realise that they're not the problem.

Problem.  Who said this the other day ?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2020, 04:35:31 pm »
Things is changing fast out there. Only allowed in the Supermarkets now one at a time, i.e one person one basket/trolley you and your missus for example can not go in together. No shortage of food etc.. but big queues, barriers, 2 metre distance. So many allowed  etc... A day or two of life like that and social pressure will make peoples minds up i think.

This happened to me and Mrs Gold at Aldi on Tuesday. We thought it was great. It forces you to buy enough for a few days and not stockpile. There was toilet roll too and we bought one nine-pack. This way of shopping should have happened two weeks ago.
It's a game of three halves!

CleanClear

« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2020, 05:00:48 pm »

This happened to me and Mrs Gold at Aldi on Tuesday. We thought it was great. It forces you to buy enough for a few days and not stockpile. There was toilet roll too and we bought one nine-pack. This way of shopping should have happened two weeks ago.

I don't think we'd of accepted it like that two weeks ago Malc. The small changes everyday, just gradual but the landscape is changing very much. I live in a street, there are people now complaining about kids playing out. This time next week is going to be very odd. Not looking foreward to it at all.. We'll be sat at home trying not to watch TV and the death rates going up. Might switch the Internet and TV off for my sanity i think.

jk999

« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2020, 05:22:03 pm »
Just been to local lidl n everyone allowed in

jk999

« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2020, 05:23:41 pm »
6 pages on and still not got the answer to my question wheres the guy that said we all ought to be ashamed of ourselves for earning a living eh

John Mart

« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2020, 05:46:16 pm »
There’sa lot of misunderstanding of the position. We are perfectly entitled to work. There’s no safer job in the blue collar section. James O’Brien on LBC today showing total ignorance and saying necessary work only. And attacking joggers. He’s off my Christmas card list.

Smudger

« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2020, 06:01:17 pm »
The problem is everyone these days thinks they’re a lawyer and can argue the toss over samantics

I haven’t seen a post accusing those who choose to carry on as greedy - there is obviously a divide between people and this is not helped by government changing wording and idiots like Nicola sturgeon now says it’s ok for window cleaners and gardeners to be outside - yet this second the government advert says stay inside UNLESS absolutely necessary to go out.

At the end of the day we all need to earn, however in these unpresidented times the bigger picture should be a moral one  And I think most people know what the correct decision should be

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

CleanClear

« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2020, 06:12:28 pm »
6 pages on and still not got the answer to my question wheres the guy that said we all ought to be ashamed of ourselves for earning a living eh

I know exactly who will give you your answer. It'll be the coppers when/if they stop you. If they say its Ok, then its ok. On the news today Police where out around Staffordshire i think, and i've also read North Wales stopping people to see where they where going and what they where doing. That'll be the litmus test.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2020, 06:13:15 pm »
The problem is everyone these days thinks they’re a lawyer and can argue the toss over samantics

I haven’t seen a post accusing those who choose to carry on as greedy - there is obviously a divide between people and this is not helped by government changing wording and idiots like Nicola sturgeon now says it’s ok for window cleaners and gardeners to be outside - yet this second the government advert says stay inside UNLESS absolutely necessary to go out.

At the end of the day we all need to earn, however in these unpresidented times the bigger picture should be a moral one  And I think most people know what the correct decision should be

Darran
Aye but as you employ you are maybe looking at it from a different angle Darran? If I still employed it would be a no no for me, but as I work alone now if the guidelines are followed I believe I can work in a safe manner with next to no chance of either contracting or transmitting the virus. This of course is based on the information we have at present on how the virus is spread.