Crystal-clear

Targeting commercial work.
« on: June 12, 2019, 03:25:59 pm »
How would you go about targeting commercial work in 2019.

Don Kee

Re: Targeting commercial work.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 04:39:37 pm »
How would you go about targeting commercial work in 2019.

Same way I did in 2018.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 04:54:43 pm »
Same way I have for last 10 years..not target it at all ;D

Ooooooog

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 06:32:14 pm »
Good website and tender.

James Styles

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 07:49:21 pm »
For things like store fronts etc I’d imagine you go in the store and speak to the shop owner if he/she is there?
I’ve never done any commercial work but that’s how I’d go about it.
I’m thinking to start doing this soon, any others tips from guys who do shops etc?

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 07:57:04 pm »
bigger shops generally have a central contract with a big player doing  the windows and other combined services like  store cleaning  and rubbish collection.

high street shops - if you have any left in your area tend to be very low priced (IME)

look for independant businesses with a large commercial building and offer windows in/out - cladding cleaning - gutter clearing and you might get in - schools can be good but are hard work - hospitals can be big money  ;)

sometimes you need to think outside the box - offer something different than the usual/standard window licking service

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Crystal-clear

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 09:23:33 pm »
Sorry about that was a little bit vague what I meant was possibly cold calling the reason why I say 2019 is because of all the gdpr.

So not them contacting you through advertising
you actually targeting. When commercial works it works pretty well I also like that idea how you can charge VAT and they wouldn't be bothered about it because they will get it obviously credited back.

I always found it much better going out being proactive works very well obviously on the domestic scene curious if any of you just randomly call up your local commercial buildings and have a chat with the site managers? Or is that pretty much not allowed anymore that's what I meant by 2019

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 09:37:41 pm »
we use a tele canvassers - no problem - I have found that turning up on the door and trying to see the "right person" pretty ineffective

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Splash & dash

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 10:09:05 pm »
We have found once you have a reputation for doing large commercial ie hotels , apartment blocks , residential homes ,nursing homes, office blocks etc they will recommend you to other buisnesses of a similar background, then the firms will come looking for you , we now do several chains of hotels ,  and apartment blocks for the same people , when we are working at a certain site , I will go over to other similar hotels and ask for  the manager or maintenance manager , and say we are doing work for xxxx next door are you intrested in a quote , some say yes some no but I always leave an information pack that explaines all the services that we offer , window cleaning ,gutter vaccing, plastic cleaning , pressure washing , softwashing, etc , it’s quite suprising they might not want a window cleaner but quite often they will be intrested in other services .

jo5hm4n

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 10:20:20 pm »
we use a tele canvassers - no problem - I have found that turning up on the door and trying to see the "right person" pretty ineffective

Darran

Darran,

Do you mind telling me who you use?  Might be interested in trying tele canvasser one day.

Can email me - info@quantumshine.co.uk

If you want ofcourse.

Cheers pal.

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 10:45:50 pm »
I'll get the details off the Mrs - I don't mind - I could get a discount next time I ned them  :P

Darran

Crystal-clear

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2019, 08:13:55 am »

Darran

Do you think they pull the data out correctly?
I have also used in the past it's just sometimes you could get nothing so was thinking about doing it myself for a couple of hours a week .
Do you mind sharing the company and telling us what to expect how many hours required to spend before we get a lead.
Cheers.

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2019, 03:23:59 pm »
well all canvassing is hit/miss - there are no guarantees

we book 4 hour sessions and ask for specific types of companies to be targeted

Care homes - not a sniff this time around
Schools - 6 leads - 5 of them now either cleaned or scheduled to be done this summer + potential roof clean at 6k
Holiday parks - we do several already - 3 leads of which 1 came in and so far brought in 12k of work - thats set to repeat at least that next year

next lot of sessions may all be blank

so you pays your money and takes your choice - I don't like/not comfortable on the phone and I don't want to spend these hours ringing round

Darran

Crystal-clear

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2019, 05:12:29 pm »
well all canvassing is hit/miss - there are no guarantees

we book 4 hour sessions and ask for specific types of companies to be targeted

Care homes - not a sniff this time around
Schools - 6 leads - 5 of them now either cleaned or scheduled to be done this summer + potential roof clean at 6k
Holiday parks - we do several already - 3 leads of which 1 came in and so far brought in 12k of work - thats set to repeat at least that next year

next lot of sessions may all be blank

so you pays your money and takes your choice - I don't like/not comfortable on the phone and I don't want to spend these hours ringing round

Darran

You are getting good results and it's true the phone can be absolute havoc.... Do you use any of the tele marketing canvassers that use to advertise on the forum a while ago.

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2019, 06:06:11 pm »
yes

then we found some one else

Darran

Slacky

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2019, 06:20:08 pm »
yes

then we found some one else

Darran

No luck with the crowd that used to make themselves known on here Darren?

Smudger

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 06:25:21 pm »
she was ok - but didn't always do what we requested

Darran