richywilts

anyone know of any cost effective van trackers
« on: January 11, 2013, 09:14:12 am »
following yesterdays situation i will be looking into van trackers if anyone has any link for companies in the north
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

gewindows

Re: anyone know of any cost effective van trackers
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 10:03:53 am »
Why the North?

EandM

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 10:07:40 am »

richywilts

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 10:26:55 am »
Why the North?

just incase i had to drive south to have it installed just signed up to a company called pinpointers 12month contract free installation only 18.99 per month

http://www.webvehicletracking.com/index.htm
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 11:02:04 am »
Trouble wiv m8 wilts???
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

gewindows

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 12:00:35 pm »
Why the North?

just incase i had to drive south to have it installed just signed up to a company called pinpointers 12month contract free installation only 18.99 per month

Fair enough. Hadn't thought of that. ;-)

Pokerpest

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 02:53:23 pm »
Are you sure tracking the vehicle is the best option and have you notified your employee in writing?

I only ask because I come from an electrical maintenance background and I used to be "on call" a lot each morning I was detailed a portion of work to do deemed suitable for the day and I was left to to work through it. As time went on I became better at my job and was able to do these jobs quicker meaning I was sometimes able to get home by 2.30 - 3.00 and I was always paid to 5pm but it also meant if I was asked to do overtime even though it was done before 5pm I was paid the overtime rate and was always available and as a company we rarely had complaints about work not being done in a reasonable time.

Then in a shake up one of the maintenance engineers was made line manager and the first thing he insisted was we had trackers put in the vans but this was not mentioned to the workforce and when an engineer had his van in for PSV a tracker was fitted without his knowledge. A few weeks later he was pulled into a disciplinary and disciplined for lack of accuracy on his time sheets he quit his job and pursued the company for constructive dismissal as he was the only engineer tracked and disciplined he won his case and substantial damages (20k+).
The result of this disciplinary was the rest of the engineers had trackers fitted. So now the engineers are in a predicament were that job they have been booking 2 hours at but really only spending 1 hour at has to take 2 hours so they spend 1 hour on the job and 1 hour drinking tea on the phone at the shop etc to make up the 2 hours and this goes on every job so the day is filled and the tracker is correct to the time sheet. Now when it the question of overtime comes around well the engineers are now reluctant  to do any as they actually have to stay late on the job and sit outside the allocated time. Needless to say the overtime stopped completely so the company is out of pocket. Each job was priced and there was app £80 profit on each overtime job after wages and not including part markup so 8 engineers were doing app 2 a day overtime which was 80 jobs a week or £6400 which was no longer getting completed. They have since I left restricted the use of the trackers and not a bit of wonder.

So tracker not always the solution.

tompoole

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 08:35:15 pm »
Skytag can track all your vans live

Ben wood

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 08:49:03 pm »
Why does he need to give notice and have a discussion about it. There his bloody vans he can do what he want. Remember richy they work for you not the other way round, if they dont like it give them there p45. If the decent and honest workers they wont care one bit whether they have trackers, some of you are so soft no wonder you have problems employing people.

Pokerpest

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 09:24:24 pm »
He has to tell them because it is illegal to track someone without their consent. What year do you think it is? in this day and age weather you like it or not your workers have rights and if you decide to just "give him his P45" you may find yourself paying out damages if you don't give your worker his rights.

Ben wood

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 09:28:52 pm »
Workers have very little rights unless they been there for more than two years. And yes he has to let them know but that is all. And he could of p45 him there and then for gross misconduct eg finishing before he was meant too and sitting in thevan for 45 mins chatting instead of doing what he was asked

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 09:45:35 pm »
If you are needing to track your vans you seriously need too take a look at your business. This is crazy.

Pokerpest

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 09:48:04 pm »
Your workers have the right to claim for unfair dismissal if they have been working with you for over a year unless employed after April 2012 were that time is now 2 years. That aside an employer still has to follow the disciplinary procedure set out in the workers contract of employment all of which must should be for the good of the employer recorded in writing.

An initial meeting to discuss with the employee the incident the disciplinary is to be about informal

A formal meeting with the employee which he can attend with a colleague or union rep were he gets to give his side of the story minutes keeping is suggested  

An investigation and further meeting if the investigation should throw up any more unanswered questions.

A decision made by management

A meeting with the employee to discuss the decision

The opportunity for the employee to appeal the decision

richywilts

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 09:53:46 pm »
If you are needing to track your vans you seriously need too take a look at your business. This is crazy.

if u use the tracking system it can be used in other way tracks mileage and tells u how much fuel shud be gettin used

watch this video it not just about catching ur employees out

http://www.webvehicletracking.com/vehicle-tracking-videos.htm
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

colin purewater

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 10:08:57 pm »
This is how it goes

"Morning lads I've had trackers put on my vans"

End of

You Lot get carried away in here, over complicate thing for other
 people
He only asked for a tracking company not a
Kangaroo court

Civil rights blah blah blah

Mrs gives your grief and you come in here on ye soap box
Enjoy ye Friday night booze and grow a pair
keep it simple

bobplum

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 10:28:41 pm »
He has to tell them because it is illegal to track someone without their consent. What year do you think it is? in this day and age weather you like it or not your workers have rights and if you decide to just "give him his P45" you may find yourself paying out damages if you don't give your worker his rights.

rubbish..your tracking the vehicle not the person
you do not have to give notice or discuss the employers are quite within there rights

gewindows

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 10:51:41 pm »
This is how it goes

"Morning lads I've had trackers put on my vans"

End of

You Lot get carried away in here, over complicate thing for other
 people
He only asked for a tracking company not a
Kangaroo court

Civil rights blah blah blah

Mrs gives your grief and you come in here on ye soap box
Enjoy ye Friday night booze and grow a pair

;D ;D Nice one.

Pokerpest

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 11:13:22 pm »

rubbish..your tracking the vehicle not the person
you do not have to give notice or discuss the employers are quite within there rights

Fair enough you are tracking the van try so when the van is not where it should be are you going to discipline it?
If you dont inform your employee you are invading his privacy

http://www.expertmarket.co.uk/privacy-policies-vehicle-tracking-uk-guide

CleanClear

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 11:36:05 pm »
just signed up to a company called pinpointers 12month contract free installation only 18.99 per month

Thats a shame. If you had given each van a smartphone which are very cheap now you could of joined them onto google latitude and done that for free.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Pokerpest

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 11:43:20 pm »
Smartphone tracking is only viable when its turned on