Gas water heater of e bay.Revue
« on: January 06, 2013, 07:28:24 am »
These are the unit that sell at between 82, 128. and 199 pounds.I have now bought two of these units as the second was a none starter  and leaked out of the box , I will return it for my hard earned cash.The  first I thought I would fix as a back up unit.When opening it I realize the bad quality of the unit the furniss cover in which the flame burns is paper thin and after a months uses is brittle and crumbling already.The winter summer setting valve had burst at 60 psi although this unit states it could take much more pressure.So will need replacing and trying on e bay to the supplier have had not joy trying to gets parts as they do not seam to know what part I  need after even sending a pic of the part.
    I am loosing the battle to fix this unit if I cannot source the part.I am amazed that this water heater ever got the E U stamp of approval to sell in the U K as it is really flimsy and not fit for the purpose for which it is made.
I will be shopping around for a safer gas water heater but it just proves you get what you pay for.AS the concept of heated water is a good one I will still used hot water to clean windows.AS for this cheap unit I AM OUT. I M O these units are fit for use. They sell for between 82 and 199.and for my safety I will not be using or recommending them to anyone.Now before the other suckers who  also invested in good faith like,shoot me down in flames, ask yourself.Would you use a heater that was so unsafe yourself? ??????????? I rest my case . Good luck  ??? ??? ??? ???

colin purewater

Re: Gas water heater of e bay.Revue
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 07:52:47 am »
Will you put a link up to the 2 heaters that you
Have bought please?
I'm just about to order one of fleabay  ???
keep it simple

R.C Property

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 08:17:57 am »
That's why you don't buy cheap gas heaters off ebay!! Lol noteworthy it. Got mine for £140 next day from an UK based firm, at least there is comeback if needed!! Would never buy something like that offers ebay due to safety, gas, fire and fumes you don't want to buy cheap stuff!!!

colin purewater

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 08:22:19 am »
What one do you buy Richard?
keep it simple

R.C Property

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 08:23:17 am »
What one do you buy Richard?

Got an L5 ecotemp water heater.
Only found one company that stocked them in the UK!

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 08:39:03 am »
Thanks Richard its not problem. I just feel its my duty to share my experience with members of this forum
Its my opinion they are not worth the money and are flimsy weak units.These are delivered from a  U K  address

R.C Property

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 08:43:33 am »
Thanks Richard its not problem. I just feel its my duty to share my experience with members of this forum
Its my opinion they are not worth the money and are flimsy weak units.These are delivered from a  U K  address

Really? I thought they came from abroad

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 10:11:13 am »
I would love to see a L 5 ecotemp with its cover off before I buy another water heater.Any chance Richard ?

R.C Property

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 10:18:41 am »
Yer I can do that, give me about an hour and I'll post up some pictures
Up on here  for you.

R.C Property

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 11:32:39 am »
Been told by the boss (misses) that we are going out, have taken pics but will have to post them later.

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 11:36:33 am »
Thanks mate

Donnie Nicolson

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 12:42:53 pm »
I recently bought a van with a heater already fitted, fella said it was 2 year old and from Poisedon Products ( now defunct i believe) was thinking of having a spare in the garage and all and bought one off reach2clean , aint used it yet as the one in the van going great but might not use it after reading this thread.
Pic off mine, had cover off and all looks good even after 2 years,

R.C Property

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 12:45:04 pm »
I recently bought a van with a heater already fitted, fella said it was 2 year old and from Poisedon Products ( now defunct i believe) was thinking of having a spare in the garage and all and bought one off reach2clean , aint used it yet as the one in the van going great but might not use it after reading this thread.
Pic off mine, had cover off and all looks good even after 2 years,

Reach2clean use the same ones as those cheap ones on ebay. So u been done there!

wightsurf

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 01:02:44 pm »
I got 2 from the states about 3 yrs ago.still working .( L5 )

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 01:24:21 pm »
The one in the pic does not look the reach to wash. They has a stain steel front.

Donnie Nicolson

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 01:39:16 pm »
Thats cos i bought it as a spare, the one in the van came already fitted and working, its over 2 year old and going fine. Had cover off after i bought van and all looks good condition, the fella said Poisdon Products sold it too him, it looks similar to an L5 but cant tell you if it is or not

R.C Property

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 02:35:15 pm »
The one in the pic does not look the reach to wash. They has a stain steel front.

Couldn't see the pic as i was on my phone, no that one not, but the ones in reach2cleans website now are the same ones as those cheap ones.

R.C Property