Dave Willis

Re: Best way to get water from my IBC static tank to the van?
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 05:32:06 pm »

one of these

Window Washers

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 05:54:36 pm »

one of these
with standard hose pipe ? are you kidding.

looks ok for a booster for ro unit though.

Can you still get these ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

king marko

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2013, 06:50:16 pm »
Something like this mate?

http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/transfer-pump-kit-p-314.html

This is looking like the best option for us at the moment and thanks for the link Marko. I'll give purefreedom a ring on Monday and check the units dimensions as I'm not prepared to start cutting chunks out of the tank to fit it.

Damn shame there isn't a more affordable in-line option though where I could utilise the existing outlet. :(

Duncan
I would be very very surprised if that can do anywhere near 100l a min with 1inch hose Duncan, if it can thats a cracking deal.

What size is the lid to your IBC ?
This is what ive got in my IBC - the whole system was from pure freedom anyway
They've cut a hole in the top of the tank, dropped the pump in, then used tek bolts/screws to place back the cut out
It fills my 600ltr tank fairly quickly - not super quick but sufficient enough for me - I'm certainly not stood about all morning waiting it to fill

Dave Willis

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2013, 06:53:20 pm »

one of these
with standard hose pipe ? are you kidding.

looks ok for a booster for ro unit though.

Can you still get these ?

Nope, inch pipe at least I use - rigid too. They come in on special offer once a year about sixty quid.

1000w
4600 litres per hour
4.5 bar
7m suction height

EandM

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2013, 02:19:33 am »
Gravity ?
way to slow.

what are you asking ?

I gravity fill my 400l truck tank via 2 inch hose in about one minute.
Not really felt the need to go any faster than that...
one minute  :o where is located ? on the roof of the house  :o
[/quote

The base of the IBC is about five feet above the back of the truck. Fortunately I live on a hill.
My mates now defunct set up was in an old dairy and probably seven feet above the van.
With that sort of drop a full IBC will drain very quickly through two inch hose. His 500l upright was around a minute and a quarter.
We both used pumps through the DI units and had pure water in the IBCs.

Washing Windows

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2013, 12:46:32 pm »
What size is the lid to your IBC ?
140mm (5½ inch).

If you want one for less than £90 then here is one for you, it's a bit slower at 233lt a minute,

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Power+Tools/Water+Pumps/SIP+Submersible+2020+Stainless+Steel+Water+Pump+750W/d40/sd3220/p33192
Thanks for the link, it also looks like a viable option but again I will need to checkout it’s dimension to be sure it will fit through the opening.

Gravity ?
The base of the IBC is about five feet above the back of the truck. Fortunately I live on a hill.
Unfortunately I don’t.

I use an exterior pump from Lidl when they were on offer. Brilliant, no cutting of tanks or lids required. Very fast too does my 650l in about five to ten minutes.

one of these
Nope, inch pipe at least I use - rigid too. They come in on special offer once a year about sixty quid.

1000w
4600 litres per hour
4.5 bar
7m suction height
Sounds perfect, is there any product detail so that I can try and source it elsewhere?

You can use the tank outlet. This is what I do. Cleaningspot sell this type of pump though they are more expensive.
I’m probably being thick but I can’t find what you’re suggesting on the cleaning spot site, is there any chance you can post a link please?

Thanks so far to all for your help,

Duncan

Window Washers

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2013, 01:34:51 pm »
Gravity ?
way to slow.

what are you asking ?

I gravity fill my 400l truck tank via 2 inch hose in about one minute.
Not really felt the need to go any faster than that...
one minute  :o where is located ? on the roof of the house  :o
[/quote

My mates now defunct set up was in an old dairy and probably seven feet above the van.
With that sort of drop a full IBC will drain very quickly through two inch hose. His 500l upright was around a minute and a quarter.
We both used pumps through the DI units and had pure water in the IBCs.
very handy. Sadly I live in flat land Cambridgeshire
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Klean07

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 01:39:55 pm »
just check whatever pump you get will fit through the hole in the tank, i had to cut my tank a lot to get it to fit!
I did this too which was frustrating!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Washing Windows

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2013, 01:50:50 pm »
I've managed to find what I need with all your help. It just shows that once you have the correct terminology (surface mounted water pump) google is your friend! :D

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/sip-07614-surface-mounted-water-pump-ep--p112700?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=ncpc&utm_campaign=comparison

More than good enough for what I need.

Thanks again,

Duncan

Dave Willis

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2013, 02:10:38 pm »
You'll need some brass adapters to fit your delivery hose by the looks of it.

dd

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2013, 06:36:54 pm »
It is on the cleaningspot website under "Transfer pumps and suction hose" section. Although the one on the Lawson site is a lot cheaper.

traps7

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2013, 07:46:24 pm »
I use one of these: http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cpe120-1in-self-priming-water-pump

Still going strong after 3 and a half years.