bobplum

Is rinsing really needed on maintenance cleans
« on: November 15, 2012, 08:50:34 pm »
what with the windows looking fairly clean on 4 weekly cleans is it really necessary to spend time rinsing especially if you have a high flow rate,35+ i would imagine ,............thats my thought provoking question for tonight ;D

ben M

Re: is rinsing really needed on maintenance cleans
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 08:59:04 pm »
good question actually! i do rinse but very quickly!  ;)

colin purewater

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 09:07:29 pm »
Yes bob!!

I had the same thought s couple of months ago

So I did a test on my windows and they came up sh@te!!

So the answer is yes mate  8)
keep it simple

stuart mc

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 09:13:58 pm »
Yes bob!!

I had the same thought s couple of months ago

So I did a test on my windows and they came up sh@te!!

So the answer is yes mate  8)

do it again with no flow controller ;)

Dani J

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 09:15:53 pm »
not if its 4 weekly  :)

Fin Clearview

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 09:19:53 pm »
I lost a job today and as I'm new to wfp I need some help, I'm on my 2nd cleans and I know my fault but not sure how to deal with it..I'm causing spotting/runs from water running down from the top windows down cladding or wall tiles onto the windows below. Even though I've tried doing the tops of multiple jobs then going back to the first one I started on to start the bottoms it can be tricky when you only have one or two on their own (which is what happened today and this was the one I lost), usually I would do all the tops of the house then go back to the bottom window where I first started but this job I had to move the van to get round the back so did the top then the bottom, even though I thought the dripping down the cladding had stopped when I went back to collect this evening it had drips and the custy said they were on the doors at the back too, as much as I tried to reconcile with her the job is lost and I messed up.

gary999

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 09:24:50 pm »
i rarely rinse on my maintenance cleans...good flow whilst scrubbing
does the trick

richywilts

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 09:28:02 pm »
no bob rinsing aint required at all mate just try it on all your customers and il go round and do quality checks whilst handing out my leaflets  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

king marko

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 09:30:27 pm »
no bob rinsing aint required at all mate just try it on all your customers and il go round and do quality checks whilst handing out my leaflets  ;D ;D ;D ;D
;D how much will you want for this?

sunshine windows

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 09:37:01 pm »
KNOW YOUR WINDOWS!!!!

Sorry to shout, but it really does depend on the job. Some jobs no and they will come up great. Some jobs, you can rinse all you like and you'll still get the odd trickle from a dodgy seal to leave a spot or 10
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

gary999

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 09:38:04 pm »
KNOW YOUR WINDOWS!!!!

Sorry to shout, but it really does depend on the job. Some jobs no and they will come up great. Some jobs, you can rinse all you like and you'll still get the odd trickle from a dodgy seal to leave a spot or 10

good post :)

DG Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 09:45:51 pm »
I lost a job today and as I'm new to wfp I need some help, I'm on my 2nd cleans and I know my fault but not sure how to deal with it..I'm causing spotting/runs from water running down from the top windows down cladding or wall tiles onto the windows below. Even though I've tried doing the tops of multiple jobs then going back to the first one I started on to start the bottoms it can be tricky when you only have one or two on their own (which is what happened today and this was the one I lost), usually I would do all the tops of the house then go back to the bottom window where I first started but this job I had to move the van to get round the back so did the top then the bottom, even though I thought the dripping down the cladding had stopped when I went back to collect this evening it had drips and the custy said they were on the doors at the back too, as much as I tried to reconcile with her the job is lost and I messed up.

I'm new to wfp also and I've got about 5 of these houses in a row, I do the tops try and wipe excess off the cill with the brush with flow off. Then I go back round and do the bottoms. Not had any complaints as yet. Would be better if I didn't have to though.

bobplum

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 09:56:48 pm »
no bob rinsing aint required at all mate just try it on all your customers and il go round and do quality checks whilst handing out my leaflets  ;D ;D ;D ;D

you would of sold your work by then  and retired on the money :D

bobplum

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 09:57:33 pm »

pvc or wooden?

Fin Clearview

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 10:10:32 pm »

pvc or wooden?

PVC, I think the prob is water running off the cladding (also seen this prob after water dripped down onto lintel or wall tiles above bottom windows)

bobplum

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 10:13:36 pm »
have you tried cleaning the cladding,maybe give the whole thing a once over

Fin Clearview

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 10:17:57 pm »
No and tbh it happened as she said on the back patio doors where brickwork is above, I think like been said down to excess water on small house but I don't want to have to stand around waiting for the dripping to stop.

Steve Sed

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 10:19:10 pm »

pvc or wooden?

PVC, I think the prob is water running off the cladding (also seen this prob after water dripped down onto lintel or wall tiles above bottom windows)

A really good rinse of the bottom windows may solve the problem. In other words it may not be drips from above the bottom window. Just take your time and rinse really well.

Window Washers

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 11:52:42 pm »
KNOW YOUR WINDOWS!!!!

depends if the glass sheets or beads also as this is one of the main causes of spotting
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 07:31:00 am »
i think if you just rinse well as a general rule you cant go wrong, surly!

dazmond

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 07:51:05 am »
i ALWAYS rinse off the glass albeit quickly if the glass is pretty clean.if you skimp on rinsing you run the risk of doing a bad job.why take the risk? ;) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

bobplum

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 07:52:37 am »
i ALWAYS rinse off the glass albeit quickly if the glass is pretty clean.if you skimp on rinsing you run the risk of doing a bad job.why take the risk? ;) ;D ;D ;D

because i live on the edge ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 07:56:53 am »

:)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

supernova77

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 08:11:09 am »
You have to make sure that only pure water is left on the window to dry... If you don't rinse you are risking some dirty water drying.

It's not worth the risk.

Andy  ;)

Ian101

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2012, 08:37:37 am »

yup bit dodgy that Ellesmere Port  ;D

bobplum

Re: Is rinsing really needed on maintenance cleans
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 08:44:56 pm »
the reason i asked this question was to gauge the response to a conversation i had with a fellow cleaner and he showed us(me and my daughter) how they clean and why they are able to get so many done a day etc.
now i am not against the idea of very little rinsing as i some times look at the windows and think theses wont need much water so i can see the logic behind reducing the amount of water used on each house,in regards to rinsing and therefore increasing production.
So i think i will select a few houses and experiment with them as regards a reduction in water and wait for the results................anyone got any vacancies for a experienced cleaner :'(

stuart mc

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2012, 09:03:55 pm »
my brother doesn't use forums and doesn't even know what rinsing is, he runs his system at full pelt and washes away, I know he does a good job as we do some large commercials together outsides then in, I on the other hand use forums and started rinsing off, then rinsing on then using flow controllers and eventually got rid of the controller and just rinse on but in reality I don't really do anything differently from my brother :D

he used to sub a job out that is due this sunday, the company he subbed to used two men that took 7/8 hours to do the external glass, they had flow controllers rinsed everything and took ages

we will do the same area in 90 minutes on sunday morning, and then we will do internal and I have never seen a bad window but there was often problems when the other company did it

mikey

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2012, 09:08:17 pm »
maybe because there trying to save water bad move  8) 8)

stuart mc

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2012, 09:13:04 pm »

yep trying to save water caused me no end of problems in the past ;)

bobplum

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2012, 09:15:31 pm »

how are hibs getting on ???

mikey

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2012, 09:18:04 pm »
stuart we make money through the water making maybe people get lost  in the cloud and the pricing its the efficiency of a window cleaner thats my idea 8) 8) 8)

stuart mc

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2012, 09:20:20 pm »

how are hibs getting on ???

top of the league thanks for asking ;D

just seen your reply mikey, yes mate I agree

mikey

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2012, 09:26:09 pm »
enjoy stu 8) 8)