Window Washers

Re: Has the recession affected the window cleaning trade?
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 09:32:07 pm »
I think that fuel prices are the killer with businesses like mine.

Fuel bills are distressingn Dean.
only if your top end is wrong simon, although they are a bummer on profits, I did 000's of miles this month
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

NBwcs

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 10:41:19 pm »
One of the side effects of recession is that the housing market slows down. One of the biggest causes of lost work in this industry is people moving home, hence we dont lose work at such a fast rate as pre recesion days. Dont think anyone could ever say wc is recession proof, but we have one massive thing going for us... People dont like cleaning windows, recession or not. :)

Darranvps

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2012, 05:14:26 pm »
Dean

Fuel will not be a killer if you price up the work right.

To me fuel is quite cheap at about £1.43 per litre - its much cheaper than many bottled waters for sale and certainly a lot cheaper than 568 ml of beer at my local pub which is circa £3

Most new businesses look at turnover rather than profit, it's far better to turnover 100 grand and make 90 grand profit than say turnover 200 grand and only make 20 grand profit.

Better still have a big turnover with a huge percentage of profit!

Dani J

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2012, 08:03:06 pm »
Dean

To me fuel is quite cheap at about £1.43 per litre - its much cheaper than many bottled waters for sale and certainly a lot cheaper than 568 ml of beer at my local pub which is circa £3

Most new businesses look at turnover rather than profit, it's far better to turnover 100 grand and make 90 grand profit than say turnover 200 grand and only make 20 grand profit.

I second that  :)

*Hector*

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2012, 08:40:35 pm »
maybe a bit like re-branding a product and selling it at 4X the original cost and diluting it 8X as well  :o :o - just to increase the profit.  ;D ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2012, 09:22:31 pm »
Cosmetics are recession proof, and chocolate

keyser soze

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2012, 09:53:15 pm »
good topic  :)

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2012, 02:06:56 pm »
Is there a recession ?
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2012, 02:13:57 pm »
I think the only people that are recession proof
Are under takers and mid wives!

I don't agree , My wife is a midwife, they are over worked, and they are not employing as many as they should. I believe it to be 4500 short, because of cut backs....
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

AshWhite

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2012, 02:17:22 pm »
I see HMRC are (not) laying off.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Dean Taberner

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2012, 05:59:02 pm »
Dean

How long does a pint last you Darran?

I have mentioned it before that window cleaning can be very distressing at times, and that still stands.

Employee's are the biggest problem overall though above fuel in my opinion, infact they can be so bad at times that you do actually get the urge to strangle them.

Dean.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

concept

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2012, 06:25:29 pm »
Dean

I have mentioned it before that window cleaning can be very distressing at times, and that still stands.

Employee's are the biggest problem overall though above fuel in my opinion, infact they can be so bad at times that you do actually get the urge to strangle them.

Dean.

Haha! Funny you say that about staff....one of mine nearly got thrown through a window the other day!

Dean Taberner

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2012, 10:40:57 pm »
Dean

Dean.

Haha! Funny you say that about staff....one of mine nearly got thrown through a window the other day!

You get a bit of that with window cleaning, it is common practice. :-).
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk