3 Wheel Windy (Retired)

Conny Clean Price please..got pic now ..
« on: July 08, 2012, 10:49:59 pm »
This will be my 1st Conny clean. am doing it at mates rates for the practice. Anyone give me a realistic price and average clean time please. I will use this as a reference for future jobs .  Is it better to price per panel or just guess an hourly rate?   Ta Pauly.

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w510/Taxibear/PICT0014.jpg
Good punctuation and grammar, makes the difference between helping your uncle Jack, off a horse & helping your uncle, jack off a horse. ;D

PurefectWindowCleaning

Re: Conny Clean Price please..
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 11:01:28 pm »
We just charge an houly rate on con roofs. The same goes for gutters and fascias.

Others on here charge silly money for con roofs, gutters and fascias, but I bet they dont get repeat custom.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 06:53:06 am »
depends on the size of the conny re time and price...

we have a £60 min for any conny and they go up from there.  the small size take about an hour.  we only use WFP for all the cleaning.   no cleaning agents etc.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 07:33:16 am »
it depends on  many things

size

access(do you need a ladder?)

how dirty is it?

is there access to an outside tap?

is it polycarbon or glass(glass takes longer to get a good finish IMO)

are the outside gutters filthy and the windows?

on regular ones that are cleaned every  3-4 months ,easy access and small i charge as little as £20.if they ve not been cleaned for years then sometimes up to £80.

an average size conny with easy access thats pretty filthy can be cleaned to a good standard in 90 mins including set up and packing away.

i try and make sure i earn at least £40 an hour on these jobs.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 07:37:28 am »
it depends on  many things

size

access(do you need a ladder?)

how dirty is it?

is there access to an outside tap?

is it polycarbon or glass(glass takes longer to get a good finish IMO)

are the outside gutters filthy and the windows?

on regular ones that are cleaned every  3-4 months ,easy access and small i charge as little as £20.if they ve not been cleaned for years then sometimes up to £80.

an average size conny with easy access thats pretty filthy can be cleaned to a good standard in 90 mins including set up and packing away.

i try and make sure i earn at least £40 an hour on these jobs.

regards

dazmond

Spot on, same here

spongebob

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 07:49:37 am »
We just charge an houly rate on con roofs. The same goes for gutters and fascias.

Others on here charge silly money for con roofs, gutters and fascias, but I bet they dont get repeat custom.

How would you know James. If the customer wants the window cleaning at regular hourly rates to stop in order for the other cleans to take place then there is a premium due for that. It's harder work for a start. I get silly money for my extra services or I dont view them as worthwhile. Fascias and soffitts are much harder to clean than flat glass so for that they must pay.
I get plenty of repeat custom as once they have a conny roof 1st clean they are sold the benefits of a regular maintenance clean and put in the diary.
By charging properly and creating scheduled future work i am able to buy my van, van mount and slx poles.
Perhaps you should charge more  ;D

spongebob

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 08:12:09 am »

This will be my 1st Conny clean. am doing it at mates rates for the practice. Anyone give me a realistic price and average clean time please. I will use this as a reference for future jobs .  Is it better to price per panel or just guess an hourly rate?   Ta Pauly.

Hi Pauly
You have to charge what you can get for your area. Also much depends on how much other work you have. Don't end up creating cheap conny cleans for less per hour than you can get on the glass. I assume you are wfp and make sure you get some tfr or virosol etc. the only scenario where you should sell yourself cheaper than the windows is 1. you dont have a full days work yet 2. you could do them in the tipping rain 3. you are practising. That said you only need to do 1 or 2 roofs to get the idea.
If you can only get £30 for a whole conny and you are ok with that you MUST let them know it is a special price or that will be your highest price all the recommendations will want to pay for theirs. Tell them its £60 but its a genuine half price offer.
I usually start around the £100 mark and about the same for the fascias, then £30 for the windows as a one off etc. Then watch their reaction. Sometimes they are happy to pay £200 odd and cant believe it can all be done for that. Other times you need to come back with "of course if it was done collectively then i can discount that to say £140.00.
Knock on other doors of roofs and fascias you can see need doing. If you knock 10 doors and give 7 prices you could well get 2 of them at £140.00 each and then regular customers. Or you could spend the same time cleaning 2 houses for £50 each who will never want to pay more than that in the future.

You need to have a price ready for these jobs in your head. Don't be standing there counting panels or fumbling around. This is your job and they will expect you to know straight away. Talk to them about the how and the what. Show them some photos in an album of how clean you will get it. Talk through the detail of the gutters, downpipes and then move on to the price for pressure washing the patio ;D.
Get the husband onside because its usually him that has to do all this when he would rather be playing golf. These jobs can be real earners and too many people sell themselves short and drive the price down for everyone else.
Good luck

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 08:32:17 am »

Hi Pauly
You have to charge what you can get for your area. Also much depends on how much other work you have. Don't end up creating cheap conny cleans for less per hour than you can get on the glass. I assume you are wfp and make sure you get some tfr or virosol etc. the only scenario where you should sell yourself cheaper than the windows is 1. you dont have a full days work yet 2. you could do them in the tipping rain 3. you are practising. That said you only need to do 1 or 2 roofs to get the idea.
If you can only get £30 for a whole conny and you are ok with that you MUST let them know it is a special price or that will be your highest price all the recommendations will want to pay for theirs. Tell them its £60 but its a genuine half price offer.
I usually start around the £100 mark and about the same for the fascias, then £30 for the windows as a one off etc. Then watch their reaction. Sometimes they are happy to pay £200 odd and cant believe it can all be done for that. Other times you need to come back with "of course if it was done collectively then i can discount that to say £140.00.
Knock on other doors of roofs and fascias you can see need doing. If you knock 10 doors and give 7 prices you could well get 2 of them at £140.00 each and then regular customers. Or you could spend the same time cleaning 2 houses for £50 each who will never want to pay more than that in the future.

You need to have a price ready for these jobs in your head. Don't be standing there counting panels or fumbling around. This is your job and they will expect you to know straight away. Talk to them about the how and the what. Show them some photos in an album of how clean you will get it. Talk through the detail of the gutters, downpipes and then move on to the price for pressure washing the patio ;D.
Get the husband onside because its usually him that has to do all this when he would rather be playing golf. These jobs can be real earners and too many people sell themselves short and drive the price down for everyone else.
Good luck

this is really good advice.  spot on!  :)
iSparkle Window Cleaning

spongebob

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 09:13:31 am »

Hi Pauly

Good luck

this is really good advice.  spot on!  :)

Thankyou Richard.

Pauly.
The other thing to mention is dont then do the clean with 2 or 3 blokes as fast as you can or the customer will feel cheap and dirty when paying you £200 for a couple of hours work. Try to do it on your own if there are no safety issues. Usually as a stand alone saturday job. maybe involve someone for a couple of hours just to mix up the pay rates. Be sure to earn well but don't make it a mission to make £200 an hour or you will undo all your good efforts.

spongebob

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 09:18:35 am »
Thanks for all yur replys considering i cant get the firkin picture uploaded..it says file too big or upload file full. contact modrator. >:( ???

The picture is irrelevant Pauly. Go and get as much for it as you can. We can all tell you what we would charge or want to charge.
Go and tell them you normally charge £60 without internal gutters and then wait for the reaction. Say nothing till they speak first.
One of three things will happen.
1. great go ahead
2. How much!! i cant afford that, could we negotiate. Only do this by including other work on the same house in the deal
3. No chance, jog on.

Go for it!

3 Wheel Windy (Retired)

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 12:12:52 pm »
Thanks for advice on photo bucket.. nice 1! here it is.. prices please!

Good punctuation and grammar, makes the difference between helping your uncle Jack, off a horse & helping your uncle, jack off a horse. ;D

Richy L

Re: Conny Clean Price please..got pic now ..
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 12:26:02 pm »
This doesnt look very dirty.
The side closest to the house will be a pain as there is no good access because of the house wall.
It looks like there may be a flat roof on the right that you could get onto.

I dont work on an hourly price or per panel. I work it on how much I want for the job as  a whole.

To clean the whole con(top to floor - except brickwork) including inside gutters - £120
If it was for a window cleaning customer £90
I would allow about 2 hours. on the job cleaning(not including travel) I would also do this anywhere in a 20 mile radius from base.

That price would be for a near perfect finish though, not a quick wash over.

...I would try to get the house gutter clearing too though for another £50 or so.

bumper

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 01:24:38 pm »
1)do they have well paid jobs
2)do they have new or flash cars
3)do they live ininfluent posh area
4)is the wife fit
does she hang her Frilly Black Lace Underwear  on the washing line.
is the washing line your nose height were you walk under washing line you have a good sniff has you go under washing line.
washing lines are a bugger i often go out the garden with a pair of nickers on my ladder.
ohh yes id charge 60.00 pound

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 01:49:33 pm »
yall get 70 for that

Tony Edwards

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 01:55:05 pm »
Thanks for advice on photo bucket.. nice 1! here it is.. prices please!

I work in Hertfordshire so would charge £100-120 but it would look brand new after

Neil Gornall

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 02:09:19 pm »
This doesnt look very dirty.

It does not look dirty in the picture, But according to the date stamp he took it 4 and a half years ago!

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 02:28:29 pm »
Id charge between £85 -  £100 for something like that.

looks easy enough to clean, but the size of it means it would take over an hour, possible
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Scrimble

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 03:50:19 pm »
to the OP take spongebobs advice seriously, its the best advice i've read on here for a long while and its spot on

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 04:04:29 pm »
I would want 100 roof not too bad
Spit and polish

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 04:22:45 pm »
Id say £120 outside, £120 inside.

Now thats an easy days work to me ( i only work 9-3 )

If they had them both done at the same time i would do the inside for £75 and clear out the guttering on the conny aswell as clean all the windows & frames .... sell it to them ;)
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Wc Solutions

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2012, 05:20:52 pm »
i only had a very quick look at the pic so just a rough idea.

£100 offer

all the framework on the roof cleaned and of course the plastic roofing.

the trim that goes above the gutter

the gutter

the windows and frames on the ground in and out. take say 2.5 to 3 max!!

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 05:29:55 pm »
£60-£80 depending how dirty it is.it looks easy enough.you can use a ladder to get on the flat roof at the back of conny which will make this job a whole lot easier!!

i would clean all outside gutters and windows on the conny as well but NO gutter emptying!!

it would take no longer than 90 mins including set up and packing away.

take it or leave it.

most customers dont realise how long they take to clean to a good standard.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Ian101

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 05:49:42 pm »
16 roof panels @ £5 each if polycarbonate is £80.

so maybe £100 with "free" window clean if not a customer or the £80 if it is a customer already.

gary999

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2012, 06:37:42 pm »
£75 two and bit hours work on a dry day

less than two hours on a nice wet day and if they have a outside tap
even quicker

sunshine windows

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2012, 11:26:11 pm »
At least £100. More than that depends on condition. If there are any lichen on the roof panels then these are a pain to remove unless you use chemicals.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

boshravie

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2012, 06:42:37 pm »

Hi Waterpauly

We cleaned one similar to this one yesterday and we charged £130 and the customer was very happy with  result , and we used this product which brings the U.P.V.C frames brighter white, its amazing product.
And here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0ZAF8DXKm4&feature=plcp

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Window-cleaner-cleaning-solution-for-Water-fed-pole-system-etc-500ml-/300739714168?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item46057bdc78#ht_985wt_1219

Cliff perkins

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 06:50:27 pm »
That looks clean so id say £20 for roof and £10 for windows. ;D

If it was dirty id say £40 for roof and £15 for windows. ;D
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 08:52:11 pm »

didnt take long to prove that did it lol
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 09:09:23 pm »

Hi Waterpauly

We cleaned one similar to this one yesterday and we charged £130 and the customer was very happy with  result , and we used this product which brings the U.P.V.C frames brighter white, its amazing product.
And here is the video:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Window-cleaner-cleaning-solution-for-Water-fed-pole-system-etc-500ml-/300739714168?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item46057bdc78#ht_985wt_1219

Nice job bosh! Are you importing this magica one? as you seem to promote at every chance, even on your youtube vid! No problem just wondered..looks good and you obviously love it.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 10:13:32 pm »
I did that with Virosol CC .... look where it got .... im onto the next best thing now ...virosol is so 3 years ago for me now ;D
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

H S and Son

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 10:59:06 pm »
$600  ;D

boshravie

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 06:44:12 pm »

Hi Waterpauly

And here is the video:

Nice job bosh! Are you importing this magica one? as you seem to promote at every chance, even on your youtube vid! No problem just wondered..looks good and you obviously love it.

Many thanks  :)
yes its a great product, and yes my partner import it.  :)

spongebob

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 08:42:59 pm »
to the OP take spongebobs advice seriously, its the best advice i've read on here for a long while and its spot on

Thankyou