Steve Sed

Re: For those people that used accountants
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 08:42:16 pm »
I paid nothing. I did it myself and have done since I have been self employed.

Cliff perkins

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 08:56:38 pm »
You can do mine then steve lol ,mine was £300 aswell ;D
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 09:29:21 pm »
father in laws an accountant
just means i have to clean the in laws lol ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

H S and Son

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2012, 11:07:14 pm »
250 quid and he then claims it back as a expense so it really doesnt cost anything

It still costs £200. You only save the tax you would have paid at 20% on the £250 expense. Which is £50.(if you are basic tax rate payer)

For example if you spend £1000 for your business you dont save £1000 tax you dont have to pay the tax on the £1000 which is an expense and not taxable profit. Which is £200. (if you are basic tax rate payer)

+1

In other words he pays out £250 for his accountancy bill and his tax bill is reduced by just £50.00.

Window Washers

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2012, 11:17:14 pm »
it may well pay you to get an accountant, the reason they are there is because they are upto date with what you can and can't claim back, false economy doing it yourself IMO, I had my wife and godfather do mine for a couple of years, I went to an accountant and they reeled off stuff they I should have not paid tax on. Each to thier own though mate, if your happy doing it. I very *friendly* persone you, could not think of anything more boring to do with my time
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2012, 01:16:21 am »
I'm a ltd company and pay £75 per month minus the £20 I charge to clean my accountants house

Graham

Paul Coleman

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2012, 03:56:28 pm »
250 quid and he then claims it back as a expense so it really doesnt cost anything

It still costs £200. You only save the tax you would have paid at 20% on the £250 expense. Which is £50.(if you are basic tax rate payer)

For example if you spend £1000 for your business you dont save £1000 tax you dont have to pay the tax on the £1000 which is an expense and not taxable profit. Which is £200. (if you are basic tax rate payer)

+1

In other words he pays out £250 for his accountancy bill and his tax bill is reduced by just £50.00.

Don't forget that the class 4 NI would be reduced too (think that's about 11%).  That would then be 31% (20% + 11%) of the £250 (about £80).

Steve Sed

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 04:14:40 pm »
it may well pay you to get an accountant, the reason they are there is because they are upto date with what you can and can't claim back, false economy doing it yourself IMO, I had my wife and godfather do mine for a couple of years, I went to an accountant and they reeled off stuff they I should have not paid tax on. Each to thier own though mate, if your happy doing it. I very *friendly* persone you, could not think of anything more boring to do with my time

It is just a self assessment. It is dead easy. Turnover less costs. Takes an hour or so. I don't think I miss anything, but if I did, I seriously doubt it would be in the region of a grand which is what it would need to be to offset the tax saved against the cost of an accountant. That said, if I had staff I would use an accountant.

Archer

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2012, 09:14:29 pm »

deegee,

i have a limited company, i pay £210 per month to my accountant

deeege

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2012, 10:17:10 pm »
Thanks chris. I'd imagine your accounts are not as straightforward as most companies though. (5 vans, vat registered, staff etc)
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Archer

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2012, 01:59:30 am »
deegee,

i was with same accountant for 19 years = total crap

changed nearly 2 years ago to an accountant in Bolton and he is superb, cannot speak highly enough of him, hes been brilliant

Mike #1

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2012, 05:59:51 am »

I did mine for 8 years then got fed up of doing them but no doubt i missed things i could have claimed back so much easier having an accountant .

Mine costs £300 a year that includes filing tax return .

He had to nearly pick me up off the floor the other day when he told me my tax bill had trebled ,   After my earnings had doubled .   But thats life just got to pay it and get on .  MIKE

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2012, 10:34:54 pm »
I have a chartered accountant and after taking into account my invoices to him for his office and house window cleaning, he pays me £35 per year ;D

Mind you he is very good, he does the wages, looks after my Ltd company and plans on what I need to do in the coming year to reduce my tax liabilities.

So even if I was not cleaning his windows he would be worth every penny.