Crystal-clear

Re: not again, can i cancel this month
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 11:59:01 am »
It's better magic, only problem is if you are starting out it means you need double the work load and it takes longer to establish but the customers in most cases are serious so your cancelation ain't so high the other thing about monthlys is although we have a bizz to run i feel the customers are right they don't need cleaning every 4 weeks.so I couldn't promote that my advice is go 6 weekly thats quite a good frequency I should have done that from the start then maybe later take em all to 2 months , end of the day customer satisfaction is important and if you can save em 50% on there window cleaning bill they will never leave you.

magic moments

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 12:05:46 pm »
I'm thinking of going 6 weekly whilst I'm still new,will be easier then changing once established ,right will do some maths Tonight

Window Washers

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 02:20:22 pm »
Ok I replied with" we have invested in the pure water system to be able to clean in poor weathers,so we only offer a regular year round service,please let me know if you wish to come back onto my round at a later date and I will let you know if I have a space available. Thank you for your previous custom.
thats not a wise move, reading that sound really bad. what you will get from that is people thinking your up yourself remember you are ten a penny. I agree with customers not walking all over you and you telling them about the terms of your business (but it is a failure on your part as you clearly have not explained this to people) a simple phone call could have educated this person, and my guesses you will have now annoyed them which is never a good move, I know if I got a text like that from a work man that didnt have the time to explain they would never get work from me again I would also tell this to other people to avoid, this IMO is very bad customer relations and service and can and does have a knock on effect.

on that note i'm out, i have customers to keep happy ;D

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

magic moments

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2012, 02:37:14 pm »
I mentioned a few posts back I explained this to her last month,so would have been a waste of time doing it again,I will not be treated as a when required window cleaner so if I have to take a firm line then so be it.if this was a local customer to me then I would be more accomodating,but when I turn up on time,set by her,do a good job,and come back at an agreed time confirmed by her only to be messed around I wont have it and I know many firms that wont clean windows by appointment etc,we are ten a penny but so are they.

magic moments

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2012, 03:21:50 pm »
Reply has been recieved.....,hi i would like to remain on your round,and meant the windows are still clean with all the rain we have been having lately so don't see the point of you cleaning them,would you be happy if I went to an 8 weekly schedule?...................overall not an awfull result.

Splash 4 Cash

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2012, 04:21:06 pm »
Well in that case DUMP and make it a Magic Moment. Sounds to me like you are looking for someone to dump on,Mate

magic moments

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2012, 04:31:51 pm »
Nope I can do 8 weekly it suits me with the travel,not looking to dump jus finding it difficult to do the customer service part of the job with Messers I'm sure il get used to it ,well Il have to if I want to succeed thanks for your comments as always some good valid points

keyser soze

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2012, 06:34:13 pm »
dont forget to bump the price up 20 per cent

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2012, 06:43:54 pm »
i had one today.been cleaning this customers windows for around 10 years"can you miss me out this time as its forecast rain for tomorrow and the rest of the week"(lovely dry day today)

i said sorry love i can understand if you were having building work etc or going on holiday but i really cant be bothered cleaning your windows anymore if thats the reason why you dont want me to clean em.bye!

with that she just slams the door!! ;D ;D ;D

thats the thanks i get for 10 years loyal service!never liked her anyway.onward and upward!! ;) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

bobby p

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2012, 06:50:08 pm »
It's better magic, only problem is if you are starting out it means you need double the work load and it takes longer to establish but the customers in most cases are serious so your cancelation ain't so high the other thing about monthlys is although we have a bizz to run i feel the customers are right they don't need cleaning every 4 weeks.so I couldn't promote that my advice is go 6 weekly thats quite a good frequency I should have done that from the start then maybe later take em all to 2 months , end of the day customer satisfaction is important and if you can save em 50% on there window cleaning bill they will never leave you.
thats a common mistake, to think they look clean at 4weekly-but thats from your eyes,a man .   a woman sees more dirt

lee_dewing

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2012, 07:24:32 pm »
I do monthly wfp.

Averages out that i get round 10 times a year with bank hols, hols and bad weather.

I use to think about 6 weeks; 8 weeks.

whatever you decide Magic make sure it suits you; you'l never please everyone.

As Ian says, may seem harsh.

But you get a feel for messers after a while.

Once you get more work a not today won't P you off as much and the funny thing is you won't really get many.

Good luck ;)
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Ian101

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2012, 07:25:31 pm »
i had one today.been cleaning this customers windows for around 10 years"can you miss me out this time as its forecast rain for tomorrow and the rest of the week"(lovely dry day today)

i said sorry love i can understand if you were having building work etc or going on holiday but i really cant be bothered cleaning your windows anymore if thats the reason why you dont want me to clean em.bye!

with that she just slams the door!! ;D ;D ;D

thats the thanks i get for 10 years loyal service!never liked her anyway.onward and upward!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

had u recently increased her price by any chance ?  ;D

Johnny B

Re: not again, can i cancel this month New
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2012, 08:43:30 pm »
I have always been a softy, and have often gone well beyond the call as far as being accommodating goes,  but since starting up in Ireland last year I have been messed around by so many 'customers' that I'm beginning to turn!

I don't mind the 'not today' types so much as it is quite rare for people here to have their windows cleaned on a regular basis, and I usually have enough alternative customers to call on, or I can canvass, but I am referring to the ones who live miles away, book me for a specific date and/or time, then cancel when I get there.

My run is far from full, but for example I have a full day's worth of work in a small town 25 miles away. I used to go back a second day but there were so many messers that I cut  back to one full day every three weeks.

I now look after the good custys first, and any who have messed me about can still use my services, but only if I have enough time to fit them in on that day. If I don't, they have to wait another three weeks and hope that I can fit them in then.

I have just had phone calls from two such messers from the town in question, wanting their windows cleaned urgently. As I was only there last Thursday, I told both that I am booked up until I go there in three weeks' time.  

John    

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.