magic moments

not again, can i cancel this month
« on: May 08, 2012, 08:24:27 am »
Had to text for access last night and got " can I cancel this month don't see the point of windows being cleaned with all the rain,thx.".    This would have been her third clean. Can't help but getting annoyed with people like this as makes me think come winter they won't want them doing.

Ian101

Re: not again, can i cancel this month
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 08:28:02 am »
Dump and leaflet 10 houses today or even better knock at least 10 houses.

I used to reply to these kinda texts with "Let me know when you want to go back onto my round and I will let you know if I can fit you in - Thanks for your previous custom."

Polite but firm way of saying dont f##k me about.

The odd one will say no dont take me off but most wont even reply and never will.

Canvass
Clean
Cull

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 08:31:33 am »
Dont listen to those that say you have to put up with this when building a round as you dont HOWEVER you gotta be prepared to constantly canvass / leaflet drop for next 12 months.

You can have a good round full of proper customers in under 12 months and a great round in under 2 years but not if you keep cleaning for dross / scum / morons / non payers / crap payers / idiots /  ;)

bobby p

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 08:32:35 am »
Dump and leaflet 10 houses today or even better knock at least 10 houses.

I used to reply to these kinda texts with "Let me know when you want to go back onto my round and I will let you know if I can fit you in - Thanks for your previous custom."

Polite but firm way of saying dont f##k me about.

The odd one will say no dont take me off but most wont even reply and never will.

Canvass
Clean
Cull
that made me chuckle,women  are so fickle  how many actually replied???  

bobplum

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 08:40:53 am »
AS WITH IAN,DONT MESS ABOUT,this is not business but a waste of time and money they are just names on a sheet

AS WITH IANS NEW MANTRA

CANVASS
CLEAN
CULL
 :D ;D ;D ;D

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 08:42:24 am »
Hi Bobby

Prob about 20% .... but great thing in doing this is you sort the wheat from the chaffe dead quick !

Took me about a year to realise I was being too accomerdating to time wasters and to be honest think I got the idea off this forum.

May sound harsh and a little Billy Big Balls Tough Guy doing this but you gotta decide whether you want a solid round of good customers and therefore a nice little business or a round of people who will mess you about - my bills dictated the answer for me on this  :)

I still have people who I have to text night before for gates etc but ages since I have a not this time and if I did they would still get same response from me - zero tolerence these days.

Fair enough some on here may say customers choice if they want them doing and thats fine by me but I decided not to work this way as I dont have to as its my business and my income.

Oh also works if you get a not this time at the door except its fun to see their reaction when you say it HOWEVER anyone doing this must be prepared to keep on canvassing / leafleting.

Ian101

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 08:45:16 am »
AS WITH IAN,DONT MESS ABOUT,this is not business but a waste of time and money they are just names on a sheet

AS WITH IANS NEW MANTRA

CANVASS
CLEAN
CULL
 :D ;D ;D ;D

Got it from the BFG when he posted on here ... think he became Sven then dissaperared off here.

magic moments

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 08:51:41 am »
Ian brilliant posts and I agree about sorting the bad early on,as although I need customers ,they are not customers when it comes to actually cleaning just give me a false count on my list of names. I would rather know who is genuine early on,I'm going to send your reply now thank you.

Ian101

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 08:51:56 am »
and theres more to this  :D ..... customers that mess you about like the one described will also be slow payers as well.

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 08:54:58 am »
I agree with a lot of above although I would call this person and explain your service, DO NOT just dump, this person at least should be educted first, if I dropped all customers that did this without doing this this first I would have lost quite a few.

I would say to them, hi there I got your text message, we clean in any weather (if you clean in the rain that is) then explain that it makes no difference to the clean, also that you could clean on a nice summer day and could rain 10 mins late.
you clean all year in all weathers and you would like to prove to her why it is fine cleaning in this weather.
I would also say something on the lines of "the message we send is for you to leave access only and is not to see if they want there windows cleaned.

if there is no reason to text the customers then don't.

If she says no after you have explained the above, then replace her, but don't just dump her thats a waste of a potiential good customer a mistake IMO.

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Ian101

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 08:56:49 am »
Ian brilliant posts and I agree about sorting the bad early on,as although I need customers ,they are not customers when it comes to actually cleaning just give me a false count on my list of names. I would rather know who is genuine early on,I'm going to send your reply now thank you.

let us all know the reply if any  ;D

takes nerve to do it when first starting out but remember 2 very important facts

1. Its easier for us to find a reliable new customer than it is for them to find a reliable new window cleaner.

2. They need us more than you need their £10.

Also helps your general demeaner by not accepting the crap and makes you more professional in your outlook.

Ian101

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 09:00:25 am »
I agree with a lot of above although I would call this person and explain your service, DO NOT just dump, this person at least should be educted first, if I dropped all customers that did this without doing this this first I would have lost quite a few.

Ian

I used to think like this but a leopard never changes its spots ... maybe Im too cynical  ;D

and yes you will loose quite a few but no problem so long as you canvass / leaflet to replace

Pureclean Essex Services

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 09:10:29 am »
Had to text for access last night and got " can I cancel this month don't see the point of windows being cleaned with all the rain,thx.".    This would have been her third clean. Can't help but getting annoyed with people like this as makes me think come winter they won't want them doing.

I have a third strike policy,once they have cancelled for three times I cross them off the books,I tell them on the third clean though,it works normally they reply "oh alright,carry on",might start telling new custy's when they sign up  ;D.

Brian.

magic moments

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 09:20:47 am »
Ok I replied with" we have invested in the pure water system to be able to clean in poor weathers,so we only offer a regular year round service,please let me know if you wish to come back onto my round at a later date and I will let you know if I have a space available. Thank you for your previous custom.

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 09:28:11 am »
Ok I replied with" we have invested in the pure water system to be able to clean in poor weathers,so we only offer a regular year round service,please let me know if you wish to come back onto my round at a later date and I will let you know if I have a space available. Thank you for your previous custom.

;D ;D ;D
we succeed because others can't or won't

Splash 4 Cash

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 09:28:39 am »
I don`t think its no wise to think your customer knows all of our rules in our businesses. We need to tell them and train them before we dump them.  So I would go with Ian ww on this.

magic moments

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 09:38:50 am »
Maybe not wise ,,but on this occasion I remember explaining to her about cleaning year round and that rain shouldnt have any effect on the results,this was only last month,and its slightly out of the way,she has to be in when cleaned so I'm happy with the responce given.

Ian101

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 09:46:19 am »
Maybe not wise ,,but on this occasion I remember explaining to her about cleaning year round and that rain shouldnt have any effect on the results,this was only last month,and its slightly out of the way,she has to be in when cleaned so I'm happy with the responce given.

Why are u still on here and not canvassing  ;D ;D ;D

You may need to replace that customer !

Get out there knocking !!!!!!

good Luck .... onwards and upwards

and yes I need to get my lame ass out there cleaning

Crystal-clear

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 11:42:02 am »
Well I don't do monthlys for that reason but if someone says that on a 2 monthly I say. No problem at all we shall see you next time round for 200%  ;D then they say oh... Why is this ,then I explain blah blah blah priced are based on 2 months if you need it when you require it's 200% for 3x a year or 300% for a one off or 2x a year, puts the serious customers off.

magic moments

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 11:45:26 am »
Do you only offer 8 weeklys?  If so how do you find it?