SeamusCampbell1982

Quote From Hell
« on: May 02, 2012, 11:56:39 am »
I give a quote on a 26 Bed Guest House , And the Lady accepted the Quote and seemed very excited , so I begun this morning and seen her moving everything around inside the Guest House , She then came out and told me everything is ready for when you are ready to do the insides. I explained that the quote was only for the outsides and she went ballistic F You bla bla bla for bout 15 mins . I said I will give her a very reasonable quote for the insides , and she has said she will post negative reviews on me everywhere online and generally start a hate campaign lol…. I would have sorted it reasonably had she not threatened me with the online Slander, but now I feel she is attempting to hold me to ransom , and not sure what to do ?   Any advise from you Pros?     I should have made it clear that Quote was outsides only !   But I thought she understood …    :'( :'( :'(   

Helen

Re: Quote From Hell
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 12:17:35 pm »
Did you not give a written quote ??? In order to protect yourself these days verbal is no good.
 So I guess you said it will be £xxxxxx to clean the windows. Open to interpretation and she interpreted insides and outs.
Advise:
Apologise for the misunderstanding, (even though she went over the top) Offer outsides and insides alternatively as a compromise.
Very unlikley she will trash you on line as running a guest house she should be too busy.

Learn and do written quotes :)

EandM

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 12:23:06 pm »
You're being scammed and the way that she reacted proves this. She can argue that you said you'd clean the insides and that you can't prove otherwise - you can argue you didn't and that she can't prove otherwise.

Any sane customer faced with such an issue is free to get someone else to quote and / or carry out the work. If you've already cleaned the outside and she's refusing to pay, write it off, walk away and there's nothing she can do.

I've had two irate customers in twenty years but I doubt they possessed the intelligence of a common dog.

Very annoying but we sometimes we have to deal with stupid people, she sounds unhinged and I doubt you'd get anywhere with reason - walk away.

AshWhite

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 12:24:49 pm »
If she had that attitude, I might remind her that some negative reviews online would harm her more than it would you - if you catch my drift ;)
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 12:38:50 pm »
Firstly, i hate it when some thing like this happens to me.  its really frustrating and can get you really angry.

What i would do in your situation is let her vent off all her anger, then i would offer to stop work immediately and not charge her a penny for the work done.  say it was an honest misunderstanding between the two of you and you dont want any client of yours to feel like they've been misled.

if she wants you to continue work then, offer to complete the outsides at the cost agreed initiallly, or offer to give her a quote to do the insides at your normal price.

by offerring to pack up and leave without a penny, she cant accuse you of pulling a fast one.  just make sure you do oit with a smile and in a relaxed manner.

the good thing is that these people are few and far between.  personally when they start behaving like that, i dont want them anywhere near my business so loosing out on the job is a small price to pay.

good luck!
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Neil Gornall

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 12:49:06 pm »
If it was me I would gently inform her that to the best of your knowledge there is no website for telling the world about bad window cleaners. (perhaps there should be)

I would then point out that tripadvisor is a great site for informing her potential customers and ask if she has seen it  ;)

Then Dump and replace  ;D

Tomboler

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 01:25:10 pm »
If it was me I would gently inform her that to the best of your knowledge there is no website for telling the world about bad window cleaners. (perhaps there should be)

I would then point out that tripadvisor is a great site for informing her potential customers and ask if she has seen it  ;)

Then Dump and replace  ;D
the next word should be 'customers' - a website dedicated to revealing all dodgy, scamming and generally no good folks out to scam hard working trades people. Whats the hotel called? we'll all take a trip to the Trip Advisor site ;D

SeamusCampbell1982

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 01:46:14 pm »
The Lady who runs the Guest House called me and roared down the Phone and said your only a bloody  Window Cleaner who can't get a real Job in the real world, and should be glad of any money at all …. She said she is to important to be dealing with a silly Window Cleaner.....  And your   a B F C Blah Blah etc. So im doing intense breathing exercises right now  ;D to help me bite my tongue lol….  Going canvassing soon and then will call around to this fine Lady when her Husband is back to see if he is more reasonable.   Thanks for the Advice cheers     :-[

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 02:12:11 pm »
The Lady who runs the Guest House called me and roared down the Phone and said your only a bloody  Window Cleaner who can't get a real Job in the real world, and should be glad of any money at all …. She said she is to important to be dealing with a silly Window Cleaner.....  And your   a B F C Blah Blah etc. So im doing intense breathing exercises right now  ;D to help me bite my tongue lol….  Going canvassing soon and then will call around to this fine Lady when her Husband is back to see if he is more reasonable.   Thanks for the Advice cheers     :-[

she sounds like a very unpleasant woman.

good luck!!
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Tom Mac

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 02:21:23 pm »
Sounds like Fawlty Towers.

Steve CM

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 02:37:20 pm »
Sounds like Fawlty Towers.

;D

Doesn't it just.

colin purewater

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 02:38:37 pm »
If she had that attitude, I might remind her that some negative reviews online would harm her more than it would you - if you catch my drift ;)

Spot on and beat me to it!

keep it simple

Perfect Windows

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 02:48:20 pm »
... and then will call around to this fine Lady when her Husband is back to see if he is more reasonable....

I'm with the advice above.  I'd just say "Looks like a misunderstanding, so no charge for the work I've done; I'm sure you'll be able to get sorted".

Or you could kill her.

Vin

bumper

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 02:58:15 pm »
she right your only the window cleaner get yourself a proper job you scammer its windys like you who give us a bad name ;D
a woman once asked me to clean the gutters out, when i went for the money she said id not cleaned and wipe the Fascia Boards and the white plastic gutters,i said ive cleaned your gutters out,no she said i didnt want the gutters cleaning out,tuff you paid me now, go do one before i smack you in the nose,and its another 30 pound if you want me to wipe down gutters and fascia. >:(

dannymack

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 03:07:23 pm »
I wouldnt bother going round there crawling to her hubby if shes like that she will be a knightmare. I would post bad reviews on her guest house cheeky bitch !!!!!!!

colin purewater

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 04:11:12 pm »
What's the number to her guest house?

Let's get her booked up for the bank holiday weekend ;)

keep it simple

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 04:14:44 pm »

i like it  ;D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

SeamusCampbell1982

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 04:31:06 pm »

;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 04:38:28 pm »
If her reaction is as described it sounds like she is under huge pressure - I bet it's financial.

How far did you get with the job? Please tell me you stopped the moment she started abusing you. Please tell me you won't go back. Please tell me that when you dump her you say:-

"Look love, it's obvious to me that you are completely skint and can't afford to have decent business dealings with people - you just have the work I've done for free as I like to give to charity occasionally. Oh, and wouldn't your parents be ashamed to hear the filth that's coming out of your mouth? Good day!"

Sounds like she's a scammer to me - or unhinged - rearrange these words. "Run, Run, Forrest!"

Finally, please tell me - if you know the name and address of any guest houses in Northern Ireland where I might make enquiries for a short stay then please let me know!
It's a game of three halves!

bad trippy

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 04:47:16 pm »

im up for that

i like it  ;D
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning