Rogue Trader

Re: what to do when custy says they sent the money but i didnt get
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 08:27:16 pm »
i ado similar every week before i do bank run i photocopy every cheque. each a4 photocopy is 5 cheques all overlapping each other so only the amount and custys name and sort code and acc number shows. I bank on average 100 cheques per week so i have approx 20 sheets of photocopys each week and i write the date on each sheet and keep in date order.

So

Custy phones up and says that they have sent cheque i respnd with  "i photocopy all cheques before they are banked when did you send it" then i check relevant date and 1-2 weeks forward from date  and sometimes cheque is there and is my admin error and sometimes not cheque has been lost in post and custy issues another.

It is a great system to use as it only takes a few minutes every week and there is never any doubts on either side whether a custy has paid or not.

G Griffin

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 09:23:47 pm »
Ask them to double cheque ie. send it twice.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

H S and Son

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 09:30:50 pm »
Considering your age, could it not be a possibility Bobby that you've simply forgotten that it arrived ;0)

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 09:39:04 pm »
or line them up and take a photo with your phone.

The post service lost two cheques from the same village recently.

G Griffin

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 09:43:16 pm »
or line them up and take a photo with your phone.

The post service lost two cheques from the same village recently.

:o
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

bobby p

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 09:55:11 pm »
Considering your age, could it not be a possibility Bobby that you've simply forgotten that it arrived ;0)
you cheeky Old monkey.  ;D

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 10:00:45 pm »

was it today or yesterday i saw you bobby? the days are blurring into one!
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

bobby p

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2012, 10:08:20 pm »
it was yesterday,we were 3 up in the van on  Chantry(1 hiding in back behind the scrim "privacy curtain "  .  your new chrome signwriting was admired by the lads

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2012, 10:14:19 pm »
it was yesterday,we were 3 up in the van on  Chantry(1 hiding in back behind the scrim "privacy curtain "  .  your new chrome signwriting was admired by the lads

;D

I was popping round my old dears house, shes only round the corner.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

H S and Son

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2012, 11:40:20 pm »

Happened to me this week. I popped round to collect and she reminded me her old man had paid when I did them  ???  ;D

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 05:32:52 am »
If a custie said they paid by cheque and you have not received the amount is still outstanding and due unless they can prove by there bank statement as proof that it has gone through there account. That`s legal.
I once was robbed and lost about 10 large cheques and my attorney said the debt was still outstanding until they could prove I received that cheque and  it was cleared by there bank. As a cheque is a promissory note to pay,and as such not a payment until in my account. If a receive cash I write a receipt as its just good business practice. Custies also see you are more professional and don`t seem to argue so persistently.   

BVC

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2012, 11:30:58 pm »
seriously thinking about scrapping cheques altogether and doing all payments at time of clean or online.

BVC.

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2012, 09:08:35 am »
has happened to me once.i texted a reminder to a custy and she said she sent the cheque a month ago!so she sent another one and i got it within 3 days.then about 2 weeks later i got the original cheque!so i phoned her up and destroyed and binned it.

these things happen from time to time.
price higher/work harder!