richywilts

Not been on for a while
« on: February 18, 2012, 03:16:08 pm »
Alrite guys been busy this week one recovering from a heavy birthday weekend drinking n posting random stuff on here  ;D

Also been updating all data from roundpro to window cleaner pro and dumping the many masses of idiot customers Id picked up I've now organised my round into 30 odds days of nicely compact rounds ranging from 170 quid a day to 300 all of which should be pretty decent custom.

I'm planning on keeping one employee on to clean these as he can clean more than me a day,only thing is it leaves me a bit redundant now as this new workload should keep me just under vat with a little bit of round building and tweaking.

Due to financial position I do not really want to go over vat just yet.what do you guys suggest keep employee on n enjoy relaxed life working part time,lay off member of staff n do work? Or try and expand and go over vat?
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

Re: Not been on for a while
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 03:18:35 pm »
Hey mate if you can make decent money, buy employing 1 and part time yourself. Then keep it that way in my opinion.

g.brookes

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 03:47:53 pm »
i agree.  if you can employ someone so that all you have to do is a little admin, you are living the life that many people dream of.  all you have to worry about now is your golf swing!

deeege

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 04:12:51 pm »
No brainer for me. Work it yourself as a one man band and work hard at it saving tge cost of your lads wage.

From your previous posts i gather that being hard at work will be less stressful than having a lot of free time on your hands anyway.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 05:44:43 pm »
Buy a concept 2o franchise and make 100k from 1 van thats the way to go. :o
Spit and polish

Helen

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 05:49:40 pm »
Well done for all the hard work of getting the database sorted!
Don't take this wrong Richy, but you have stated on her a few times, you don't like the "actual" work bit, so think you have already answered your own question :)
Also, because you will HAVE to man the office, do the admin, quotes etc, etc, this will get you used to it and you will eventually feel more in control of YOUR business and may even get to like that sort of work ;D
Taking an average of your daily gross income you will be on approx £62000.00 gross income per year. Minus the £18000.00 staff wage and then normal overheads and tax.........will that be enough for you to to live on, make a nice profit and take your business forward? I think not, but as I have said before, why not carry on like this for a year and then decide where you want to go with it. :)

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 06:18:58 pm »
He was on about takin a 20 grand wage a few months ago and being happy with that so I think he ll be able to live on 30+ grand a year after tax and expenses.thing is all this speculation and projecting rarely come off unless you knuckle down and work hard!

Best wishes to you all

Dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Steve Sed

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 06:31:35 pm »
Don't blame you mate.  ;D

londoncleaners

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 06:40:44 pm »
I really can't understand all this mess"

Y don't u just have. 1 van 2 guys, ur one of them, a nice slid round good payers ect, finish at 4 start at 7 admin is an hour every other night, if ur tired, or 30 mins every night.

If your up to vat threshold doing this reinvest in some new gear, or HIDE a few quid lol.

With no offence u really seem to think your running an empire the size of tescos, but hey I wash u luck..

That's my hat into the ring

Helen

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 06:43:02 pm »
I really can't understand all this mess"

Y don't u just have. 1 van 2 guys, ur one of them, a nice slid round good payers ect, finish at 4 start at 7 admin is an hour every other night, if ur tired, or 30 mins every night.

If your up to vat threshold doing this reinvest in some new gear, or HIDE a few quid lol.

Doesn't work that way with VAT
With no offence u really seem to think your running an empire the size of tescos, but hey I wash u luck..

That's my hat into the ring

londoncleaners

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 06:45:42 pm »
Really Helen, ok.

I know many who turn over over 72 k and don't declare it,

Helen

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 06:48:41 pm »
He was on about takin a 20 grand wage a few months ago and being happy with that so I think he ll be able to live on 30+ grand a year after tax and expenses.thing is all this speculation and projecting rarely come off unless you knuckle down and work hard! Best wishes to you all Dazmond
I agree without hard work and graft nobody will get anywhere in life and projected figures have to be turned into actual income. On these figures Richy won't have £30k+, he'll  be lucky to get £20k+(nett income), but if he can manage on that for a year, I feel that this is the only way for him to take the business forward :)

colley614

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 06:50:23 pm »
Now you've got rid of all the wage bills you don't need. I would personally consider getting rid of your unit and getting rid of one of the vans if your worried about hitting the Vat threshold. The money you pay out for your unit I'm sure you could get a house with a garage to purify water and save yourself rent and rates then you could pick your employee up in the morning and go to work with him. Then you should be looking at £1k a week for yourself and only one van to pay for running costs. Unless your looking at expanding again in the near future.

Helen

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 07:06:19 pm »
Really Helen, ok.

Forgetting your "jokey" comment of hiding it ;D
Vat is based on your gross income full stop. Not on gross income minus overheads (re-invest in near equipment), but my instinct tells me you know that ;)
It's £73k by the way (or at least until the next budget, when it's rumoured it's coming down to £61k)

londoncleaners

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 07:22:59 pm »
It's 72k at time of this post.

Helen.....your fired

colley614

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 07:33:35 pm »

Helen.....your fired

That just tickled me,

londoncleaners you've got a cracking sense of humour!

londoncleaners

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 07:41:59 pm »
Thanks although most find me rude and annoying, it's nice to know

Cheers.

Collet614. Your hired

colley614

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 07:50:50 pm »
They probably don't understand that you just tell things how they are.

I don't see the problem with being blunt and to the point, it makes me laugh. Especially when the person on the recieving end gets a monk on because of it.

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 08:45:52 pm »
Really Helen, ok.

I know some bank robbers, they are serving 15 years ;D

Perfect Windows

Perfect Windows

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 09:57:11 pm »
Thanks although most find me rude and annoying

Nope, just wrong and self-contradictory.

londoncleaners

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 11:02:53 pm »
Perfect windows, wrong again.

God u think ur perfect, phhffttt lol

Your fired..

Like annoying not so perfect , he really gets the hump with me. Lol

He's got a lot going on though, u hang n there chum, ur special k u r..

Naaaaaat

Perfect Windows

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 11:11:46 pm »

From the link I posted: "If you're in business, you must register for VAT if your VAT taxable turnover for the previous 12 months is more than £73,000."

And I'm wrong?

richywilts

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2012, 01:58:10 am »
Well done for all the hard work of getting the database sorted!
Don't take this wrong Richy, but you have stated on her a few times, you don't like the "actual" work bit, so think you have already answered your own question :)
Also, because you will HAVE to man the office, do the admin, quotes etc, etc, this will get you used to it and you will eventually feel more in control of YOUR business and may even get to like that sort of work ;D
Taking an average of your daily gross income you will be on approx £62000.00 gross income per year. Minus the £18000.00 staff wage and then normal overheads and tax.........will that be enough for you to to live on, make a nice profit and take your business forward? I think not, but as I have said before, why not carry on like this for a year and then decide where you want to go with it. :)

Helen I actually enjoy the window cleaning I don't enjoy the driving round being messed around by customers
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

red star

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2012, 07:57:00 am »
Perfect windows, wrong again.

God u think ur perfect, phhffttt lol

Your fired..

Like annoying not so perfect , he really gets the hump with me. Lol

He's got a lot going on though, u hang n there chum, ur special k u r..

Naaaaaat

what a tool

Helen

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2012, 10:14:28 am »
Really Helen, ok.

That's cos they haven't reached the £73k threshold :)

and you can't fire me, I am self employed :P ;D ;D

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2012, 10:16:27 am »
Really Helen, ok.

Forgetting your "jokey" comment of hiding it ;D
Vat is based on your gross income full stop. Not on gross income minus overheads (re-invest in near equipment), but my instinct tells me you know that ;)
It's £73k by the way (or at least until the next budget, when it's rumoured it's coming down to £61k)

Bit more info required here Helen,WHERE ARE THE RUMOURS COMING FROM AND DO THEY HAVE ANY SUBSTANCE WHATSOEVER?

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2012, 10:30:33 am »
I have heard similar information, I go to quite a few networking events and meet people who have mentioned this as well as others things the goverment are thinking about.

At the moment nothing is set in stone, but as far as the goverment is concerned nothing has been ruled out.

vat, is something both goverments wanted to play with for years but they could not take the risk, but they raised the vat limit by 2 percent and got away with it.

By lowering the therehold or bringing more goods and services into the vat limits is something they cannot afford not to look at, they need to get money to pay off this countries debts and pay for an every increasing population.

So for the next 2 budgets be prepared for anything.

Helen

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2012, 10:52:50 am »
I have heard similar information, I go to quite a few networking events and meet people who have mentioned this as well as others things the goverment are thinking about.

At the moment nothing is set in stone, but as far as the goverment is concerned nothing has been ruled out.

vat, is something both goverments wanted to play with for years but they could not take the risk, but they raised the vat limit by 2 percent and got away with it.

By lowering the therehold or bringing more goods and services into the vat limits is something they cannot afford not to look at, they need to get money to pay off this countries debts and pay for an every increasing population.

So for the next 2 budgets be prepared for anything.

Likewise.
Also our accountant is on the ball and there are very many different ways the government is looking of reducing this national debt, not only with Vat :)

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2012, 11:29:31 am »
61K sounds very specific and more than just rumour.

Its not hard to justify a rumour like this,something yourself and pure hydro have just done but what about a bit of evidence.

There isn`t anything of substance here for me to dare repeat any of this without inviting ridicule.

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2012, 12:36:53 pm »
I heard on the grapevine, some time ago that the goverment was thinking of raising the vat limit from 17.5%.

I mentioned it on some forums and was told piffle. it won't happen, well it did.

There are a lot of rumours doing the networking circuits, from the tax man doing clamp downs on small businesses to various changes to tax rates.

are they rumours, yes, will they come true, who knows, should we listen and plan for them, why not.

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2012, 12:46:47 pm »
You will also find that the policys groups who come up with this stuff, leak a lot of it, to see what reactions comes back.

They then make their recommendations, the goverment can always deny or confirm on the reaction it recieves.

For instance, the next fuel increase in the autumn, will it happen or not? the goverment has said YES but if they don't do it, it might distract attention from what they do do.

Nothing is real or true polictics until after it has happened.

Helen

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2012, 08:46:26 pm »
61K sounds very specific and more than just rumour. Its not hard to justify a rumour like this,something yourself and pure hydro have just done but what about a bit of evidence. There isn`t anything of substance here for me to dare repeat any of this without inviting ridicule.
Evidence can only come when whovever starts to bring it AND MANY OTHER CONSIDERED THINGS into force. I've justified my comment by saying my on the ball accountant has mentioned it (61K is the figure he had quoted to him).......mentioned along with a load of other things that are being contemplated by HMRC/government whatever, in order that we are aware of what MAY happen and be ready to deal with it. Vat was mentioned on the Andrew Marr show this morning in conversation. Ref reducing the rate of 20%. As they stated it is one way of easing the financial burden on the general public, but it may not happen but it was part of a big conversation about the still failing english economy :)