elite mike

Re: Dot n cloth windows...
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 10:21:03 am »
Cant take the wfp inside tho. and I have much bigger jobs with gorgian windows where its the insides aswell.

i know bummer aint it  ;D

i use a fine pure water spray with microfibre cloths now used to use leather and scrim

i also use a cut down squeegee on some .

pubs are not so bad now the smoking ban  8)

Jackal

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 10:21:49 am »
iv got a few and they do my head in aswell,if they arnt on a busy road they usually clean after a month so i miss the dot bit out and just dry scrim them  ;D

elite mike

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 10:22:59 am »
iv got a few and they do my head in aswell,if they arnt on a busy road they usually clean after a month so i miss the dot bit out and just dry scrim them  ;D

lmao  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cliff perkins

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2012, 10:23:23 am »
Id do the ousides with wfp and do the insides by hand.still be alot quicker than doing both sides by hand. ::) ;D
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

Cliff perkins

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 10:25:13 am »
Cant take the wfp inside tho. and I have much bigger jobs with gorgian windows where its the insides aswell.

i know bummer aint it  ;D

i use a fine pure water spray with microfibre cloths now used to use leather and scrim

i also use a cut down squeegee on some .

pubs are not so bad now the smoking ban  8)
Same here spray and cloth them is quicker
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 10:29:29 am »
Ill try cutting a squeegee to size and see how I get on. Do you use a small applicator then or just the end of a normal sized one??

deeege

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 10:35:28 am »
Just use the end of a normal applicator.

I just bought a 6" channel and it stays in my pouch whenever I'm tradding. I'd be lost without it tbh.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

elite mike

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2012, 10:40:02 am »
Ill try cutting a squeegee to size and see how I get on. Do you use a small applicator then or just the end of a normal sized one??

end of normal sized one or sometimes damp cloth depending on awkwardness of job.

VSP Home Care

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2012, 01:00:19 pm »
I think Bumper is right James unless you want to go down the WFP route for the outsides.  Your problem with a buffer is a simple one really, "square holes and round pegs"  It's not going to work mate.  Your buffer will be round and your window isn't  ;D

So even with a buffer of some sort you're still looking at scrimming the edges mate, although now that I mention it, you could try a very soft 3" buffer head.  That would push into the corners and probably do ok, but my concern is the possibility of damaging the frame surround.

I have an air powered mini polisher that I brought for paint work correction, I've only used it once years ago as my compressor was not up to the task of running it  :(

That could work  ;D  But then you're looking at a compressor or power fed polisher, plus the mops (buffing pads) and to be honest I think you'd do it quicker with a scrim  ;)

What really puts you off the WFP for the outsides?  The fact that you leave them wet?

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2012, 02:04:47 pm »
I think Bumper is right James unless you want to go down the WFP route for the outsides.  Your problem with a buffer is a simple one really, "square holes and round pegs"  It's not going to work mate.  Your buffer will be round and your window isn't  ;D

So even with a buffer of some sort you're still looking at scrimming the edges mate, although now that I mention it, you could try a very soft 3" buffer head.  That would push into the corners and probably do ok, but my concern is the possibility of damaging the frame surround.

I have an air powered mini polisher that I brought for paint work correction, I've only used it once years ago as my compressor was not up to the task of running it  :(

That could work  ;D  But then you're looking at a compressor or power fed polisher, plus the mops (buffing pads) and to be honest I think you'd do it quicker with a scrim  ;)

What really puts you off the WFP for the outsides?  The fact that you leave them wet?

But surely a water fed pole will damage the frames more than a soft brush heah on my un-invented polisher?  ;D

VSP Home Care

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2012, 03:08:23 pm »
Nar, get one of them 6" double flocked super lite soft virgin bristles brushes that Gardiners don't do yet  ;D

I have only one other suggestion, but it's so super top secret I can't even think about it whilst I'm on here in case someone reads my mind  ;D 

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2012, 05:09:35 pm »
Nar, get one of them 6" double flocked super lite soft virgin bristles brushes that Gardiners don't do yet  ;D

I have only one other suggestion, but it's so super top secret I can't even think about it whilst I'm on here in case someone reads my mind  ;D 

Haha  ;D

sandy

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2012, 08:05:13 am »
Polish on polish off is the tao of this.  work hard and meditate And soon you will be on your way home job done