Ian Holloway

Re: price increase letter
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 04:59:24 pm »
I would not put Price increase, I would call it a price change.

Kessa
Do you do any work in the bispham area.

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 05:16:26 pm »
To Sunshine,
By identifying two honest and simple reasons for the increase, you are giving them 2 less reasons to question it
In sales, if you have a query, you identify it, specify it to the person and overcome it by giving an honest answer.   It always works - check any sales manual.

The problem is that you give the customer a specific marker as to how much they feel the increase should be.

Fuel and insurance wont have gone up by the % of increase given and the customer will know this, therefore it is not a honest statement.

I agree with Ian, "we review the price every two years and this is your new price".

KESSA

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 05:32:20 pm »
I would not put Price increase, I would call it a price change.

Kessa
Do you do any work in the bispham area.
yes i do where do you cover mate

KESSA

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 05:33:48 pm »
yes i do ian hollyway where abouts do  you cover

gordon

Ian Holloway

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 06:36:26 pm »
Most of our work is in Fleetwood / Poulton and a few hotels in blackpool. We get  calls about work in bispham but dont want to go for just the odd job.

KESSA

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 07:39:54 pm »
Most of our work is in Fleetwood / Poulton and a few hotels in blackpool. We get  calls about work in bispham but dont want to go for just the odd job.
.    If there's any u don't want mate pass it to me please

Ian Holloway

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 02:05:02 pm »
 let me have your mobile number,
 mine is 07906983165

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 03:25:45 pm »
Dont need to put prices up :) we earn enuff for what we do i think some people on hear forget that they are window cleaners and window cleaners on 40 an hour is insane but i do love it! Why put them up u risk loosing customers to other cleaners with smaller roands like me for example i have 26 grand a year and im scared tp put my prices up as therez are so many people that will do it cheaper.

I think of myself as a business man not as a window cleaner.  that is what is holding you back form earning more. 
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

richywilts

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 03:39:02 pm »
People need to understand the amount of other work we have to do that is unpaid I.e quoting,paperwork, vehicle repairs, system repairs ok some might not have as many problems as others but as you get bigger and chase debts and do telesales etc all this is unpaid labour
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 04:43:42 pm »
People need to understand the amount of other work we have to do that is unpaid I.e quoting,paperwork, vehicle repairs, system repairs ok some might not have as many problems as others but as you get bigger and chase debts and do telesales etc all this is unpaid labour

Richy

Nobody does unpaid work including you, when you run a business you have to budget into your price all of these things you have mentioned.

So your takings from cleaning a customers house will be paying for this, so its not Unpaid.

If you do a proper business plan, you need to factor into it, all the costs involved in running your business, you can then work out a correct price which pays for all of these things and you then factor in a profit margin.

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2012, 05:06:06 pm »

Richy

Nobody does unpaid work including you, when you run a business you have to budget into your price all of these things you have mentioned.

So your takings from cleaning a customers house will be paying for this, so its not Unpaid.

If you do a proper business plan, you need to factor into it, all the costs involved in running your business, you can then work out a correct price which pays for all of these things and you then factor in a profit margin.

I think that is what he means. Work done where there is no imediate cash return.

KESSA

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2012, 11:31:47 pm »
hi mate my no is 07725 991716

Window Washers

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2012, 08:59:20 am »
Dont need to put prices up :) we earn enuff for what we do i think some people on hear forget that they are window cleaners and window cleaners on 40 an hour is insane but i do love it! Why put them up u risk loosing customers to other cleaners with smaller roands like me for example i have 26 grand a year and im scared tp put my prices up as therez are so many people that will do it cheaper.

I think of myself as a business man not as a window cleaner.  that is what is holding you back form earning more. 
good point Richard, think of it as a business and treat it as such ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)