NJWindowCleaning

Re: wfp no good!
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 10:40:14 pm »
One of my customers had new windows put in last August which cost them £66,000 for them and the fitter said to them not to clean them Trad way but use wfp instead.  ;D ;D

John F

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 11:21:48 pm »
had a customer ring up today to cancel as she has had to have a couple of units replaced and the window fitter apparently told her that the wfp doesnt do her leaded windows any good and might be to blame! i was fuming when i came off the phone i told her that it wasnt possible and that ive never had any probs before with any other customers in the past just wanted to know what your views was and if i should pursue the window fitting company for it in writing ?
many thanks

i can see why this has upset you. these sort of people are annoying. why not just replace the customer? why does it matter what they think of wfp or what the window fitter told her? ive had people say all sorts of rubbish in the past. cant remember who they are now because it doesnt matter.

you have lots of customers who dont cause problems. concentrate on them and getting as many like them as possible. leave the stupid customers to other window cleaners who havent got enough customers and will spend time explaining stuff to stupid customers.

VSP Home Care

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 06:24:36 am »
If water damages units then the units are not fit for purpose mate, it's like saying this umbrella is the best you can buy just don't get it wet......

Seriously can't see any reason why pure water can affect a window.  All that lead is basically the same stuff, sticks to the pane and is rolled on with a hand roller.  I can see that if you hammer the window like a mugger on your mum you might be able to lift a piece on an old window but you'd have to be extremely unlucky and the lead would have to be really crap.

When you make units and black the lead you use 000 wool and T cut, well we used to.  Then you polish it up with a rag and I can assure you I was never light handed buffing them up and I've never shifted a piece of lead with a rag in hand.

Units break down due to a blown seal, what causes the seal to blow is always up for debate, mainly bad fitting or a really crap product used to hot melt the two panes together.

If someone told me to my face that pure water and a brush could ruin 20k of leaded windows I'd tell the mug to take em back out and find another fool  ;D

Rather annoying that firms say things like this and stupid really as they are only rubbishing their own products.

VSP Home Care

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 06:42:18 am »
i can see why this has upset you. these sort of people are annoying. why not just replace the customer? why does it matter what they think of wfp or what the window fitter told her? ive had people say all sorts of rubbish in the past. cant remember who they are now because it doesnt matter.

you have lots of customers who dont cause problems. concentrate on them and getting as many like them as possible. leave the stupid customers to other window cleaners who havent got enough customers and will spend time explaining stuff to stupid customers.
[/quote]

Trouble is John, when cowboys start spreading this kind of crap around and blame windys for their shoddy products, who do you think the customer believes, they certainly wont want to believe that they have just wasted 20k on crap windows and are most likely to tell everyone they know how that window cleaner wrecked my windows blah blah.

I very much look forward to someone trying this with me, I'll be there until dawn arguing lol

If this was the case then I think we would be seeing a ton of insurance claims against WFP window cleaners.... and it aint happening  ;)

Londoner

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 07:07:55 am »
Window fitters are just chimps, most of them can't walk on their hind legs. Who's going to bother what they say?

John F

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 07:19:05 am »

Trouble is John, when cowboys start spreading this kind of crap around and blame windys for their shoddy products, who do you think the customer believes, they certainly wont want to believe that they have just wasted 20k on crap windows and are most likely to tell everyone they know how that window cleaner wrecked my windows blah blah.

I very much look forward to someone trying this with me, I'll be there until dawn arguing lol

If this was the case then I think we would be seeing a ton of insurance claims against WFP window cleaners.... and it aint happening  ;)
[/quote]

giving yourself a reason to argue and prove a point there mate. i understand what you mean but if you have enough customers then who cares what anyone says? do you think that a customer base of 300+ could be shot to pieces by a comment from a window fitter? it would have to be a shaky customer base to fall apart because of what one person said to another person.

if you had 500 customers then i bet you wouldnt bother arguing the point with someone who thinks wfp is crap. i havent got 500 customers but i still wouldnt bother educating some housewife about window cleaning techniques.

replace the problem customer and get the proper customers serviced. thats what they are paying us for. :)

windiewasher

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 09:00:02 am »
Right,find out who the fitter is and go around telling everyone in the area not to use them as they are dodgy and dont fit the windows correctly and when they come back to you tell them why!
 If that fails find out which fitter it was and crack on the nose!
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Window Washers

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2012, 09:32:48 am »
One of my customers had new windows put in last August which cost them £66,000 for them and the fitter said to them not to clean them Trad way but use wfp instead.  ;D ;D
please get that recorded so we can all use it  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 11:53:48 am »
with you docwindows do the fu++er !!!!!!!!!!!!

hydro

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 10:56:00 pm »
Well I went to see her today and she basicly said that the water wad getting behind the lead and coming away which is why she had the window company back out to sort them out and to  cut a long story short I said so basicly its down to their crap workmanship not the wfp!? But And followed with wot do they expect to happen when it rains on them? but still in her mind its down to the wfp and i think its wrong for a company to slate a service wth no proven proof to cover bad workmanship! one customer gone Plenty more out there lol :D

Pope vader

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 11:08:54 pm »
sue the company for defamation of charater

Window Washers

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 07:31:23 am »
or just let it go and move on  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 08:31:15 am »

it would bug me the thought of rubbish being spread about me.

but sure, dump em and get 2 non leaded customers who pay more!  ;D