25.4%
17 (25.4%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Window Washers

Do you offer one off cleans ?
« on: January 15, 2012, 10:39:32 am »
Do you offer one off window cleans ?

if you dont but offer other one off services please say below
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Pope vader

Re: Do you offer one off cleans ?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 10:43:40 am »
no would rather spend time getting regular work,

Erithwc

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 10:44:02 am »
No and yes i don't promote or advertise one off window cleans but if i get a potential customer calls up for a one off clean i will give them a price for it  ;D

Halfadaylee

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 10:45:20 am »
No and yes i don't promote or advertise one off window cleans but if i get a potential customer calls up for a one off clean i will give them a price for it  ;D

The same as me

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 10:53:06 am »
guys can you click and vote  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Erithwc

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 10:57:43 am »
what one off clean business service are you looking to offer us all now then  ::) ::) ::)

and how much will it cost us   ::) ::) ::)

only joking ooorrrr am I  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 11:04:07 am »
what one off clean business service are you looking to offer us all now then  ::) ::) ::)

and how much will it cost us   ::) ::) ::)

only joking ooorrrr am I  ;D ;D ;D ;D
lol,

When not if I offer anyone anything, it will be made totally clear   :P

This poll has nothing to do with me trying to sell anything, I was just interested to know as I see another post asking about it.

I am working on something else, but I will defo not be chucking it in the lion dens before it is tested on my regular online customers first ;D

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 11:23:20 am »
I try and aviod them- not good for the bottom line
If we do them,its always at an inflated price(min 50% extra)
As we do driveway cleaning too- does that count as another type of one off for your poll?At the end of any driveway clean-we always tell the customer that we will clean all the windows too in case they got splashed with dirt etc.I tell them we will do it FOC, but of course its all included in the price ;D ;D ;D
We pick up a lot of new customers for our regular window cleaning round of the back of it :) especially if they have never seen wfp before

Hope that helps

Roy Cauldery
we succeed because others can't or won't

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 11:32:22 am »
I try and aviod them- not good for the bottom line
If we do them,its always at an inflated price(min 50% extra)
As we do driveway cleaning too- does that count as another type of one off for your poll?At the end of any driveway clean-we always tell the customer that we will clean all the windows too in case they got splashed with dirt etc.I tell them we will do it FOC, but of course its all included in the price ;D ;D ;D
We pick up a lot of new customers for our regular window cleaning round of the back of it :) especially if they have never seen wfp before

Hope that helps

Roy Cauldery
Cheers Roy,

Drive way cleaning do you do much of this? and is that one-offs of contract. Smart ideal what your doing,

Every little helps.

Ian

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 11:40:38 am »
Hi Ian

It tends to be seasonal- coz we go in for the sealant work too and that needs good weather.Ordinary jet washing can be done all year but again,we have a big down time during the colder months.Having said that, this winter so far we have done the odd job here and there and our enquiry rate is massively up and with pre-booked work too ;D ;D.
We actually started in business with driveway cleaning,but the window cleaning work kinda took over! No going back now :)

Roy

we succeed because others can't or won't

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 11:50:51 am »
I also do other types of cleaning, such as carpet and gutters, with these they are done maybe every year if I am lucky or more often at longer periods, so with this I class it as a one off clean.

with windows I do do one offs and I use to just charge double my normal price, but this year the price has increased to £50 minimum and for any large propertys that will take more than an hour will be charged at £50 per hour.

LSB

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 12:42:31 pm »
no !

i do however manage to convert quite a few of these requests into 2 monthly cleans .

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 12:43:47 pm »

same as what he said, also ive voted yes! and i charge 100% increase for one offs!

Cbs Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 02:46:48 pm »
Of coarse, work is work at the end of the day, if its financially viable then do it.

Window Washers

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 06:53:09 pm »
Of coarse, work is work at the end of the day, if its financially viable then do it.
agree

king marko

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 07:03:23 pm »
Yes - if I'm in the area, have time, and the price is good then why not?  :)

Dave.

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 07:25:02 pm »
^^^^
As above,

Dave

bobplum

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 08:52:03 pm »
hers why i tend to stay clear of these people,happened today
"hello,how much to clean my windows(i was a bit slow,man flu,but i realised this women had me clean them 2 years ago when i was young and tradding) just the front and side please,just once"
a quick look up at the windows(bird poo)
"£7.00"( i really wasn't in the mood to talk about min charge etc)
"ok" she says,so i carried on cleaning the house i was on and saw her talk to her next door neighbour,i might get two here i thought then she comes back
"my neighbours window cleaner only charges £5.00 for the front and side"
i put my pole down,looked at her,shrugged my shoulders,pulled a bemused face and just said "And"
"well his £5.00"
"and" again shrugging of the shoulders,facial expression etc
"do you want me to do them or not?"
"no thanks"

Animals i can understand,people,not in a million years,except steve from SAS window cleaning,his my hero :-*

H S and Son

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 09:02:06 pm »
Got one tomorrow. 8 windows £25. EOT clean. Cash under the doormat.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 09:07:32 pm »
hers why i tend to stay clear of these people,happened today
"hello,how much to clean my windows(i was a bit slow,man flu,but i realised this women had me clean them 2 years ago when i was young and tradding) just the front and side please,just once"
a quick look up at the windows(bird poo)
"£7.00"( i really wasn't in the mood to talk about min charge etc)
"ok" she says,so i carried on cleaning the house i was on and saw her talk to her next door neighbour,i might get two here i thought then she comes back
"my neighbours window cleaner only charges £5.00 for the front and side"
i put my pole down,looked at her,shrugged my shoulders,pulled a bemused face and just said "And"
"well his £5.00"
"and" again shrugging of the shoulders,facial expression etc
"do you want me to do them or not?"
"no thanks"

Animals i can understand,people,not in a million years,except steve from SAS window cleaning,his my hero :-*
£7 for a 1 off clean?  :o how many windows?

ben M

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 09:25:28 pm »
agree
agree+1

bobplum

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 09:38:51 pm »
about 5,but as i said i am suffering form man flu,i just couldn't be bothered looking,talking,explaining,pricing and to be honest it wouldn't have mattered would it anything above £5.00 was too much for her

bobby p

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 09:47:07 pm »
iv got one of these tmoro, not big , but she especially asked can she pay by cheque. im now on red alert even before iv set foot on her lawn  , if she bounces it shes gonna live to regret it

H S and Son

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 10:26:27 pm »
Bobby, one-offs have to pay up front. You should explain that to them.

bobby p

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 06:10:34 am »
she was defo  testing me out with "is a cheq okay? " ,  and im pretty sure if id pitched in with cash up front lady id not have got the job .
  as it happens its one of those bug hutch size  homes and iv priced at 25 which is high for me ,  it has near new windows,so she said. if it had been a big house id not have been willing to take a cheque as a 1 off .
  i very nearly got stung last year on a 1 off by a bloke who tried to weasel down the money on a slogger of a job by saying he found untouched dirt by a fan/light fitting,iv not forgotten that lesson .  

for the first 3 yrs of my biz i didnt take cheques off anybody even regulars but the collecting cash ended up being a blessed chore so i weakened and im cheque city now.  

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 07:20:46 am »
not to anybody on my round , you are asking for trouble or desperate.

Ian101

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 08:02:34 am »
Only 1 off I do is for regular customers who have rental properties and have tenant moving in or eot window clean ... Did 1 last week bungerlow 14 windows quoted 20 quid but customer wanted to pay me 25 so nice some people

Window Washers

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2012, 09:31:29 am »
100% agree get them to send payment before it is cleaned, or leave payment for when you clean

carl stanton

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 09:45:43 am »
i dont like cheques full stop, if she can write a chq she could transfer the money straight into your account, while you are at her house  ;D  jobs done money paid, no cash handled

H S and Son

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 09:51:04 am »
if she can write a chq she could transfer the money straight into your account, while you are at her house 

How d'you work that out?

Window Washers

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 10:05:08 am »
i dont like cheques full stop, if she can write a chq she could transfer the money straight into your account, while you are at her house  ;D  jobs done money paid, no cash handled
don't like and accept them is two different things, money doesnt show the same day in a business account does it ?

carl stanton

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 10:44:22 am »
don't like and accept them is two different things, money doesnt show the same day in a business account does it ?
mine does, HSBC account, alot of my customers love the bank transfer
some dont, they think evil internet, even though you dont have to do it on the internet

carl stanton

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 10:49:31 am »
if she can write a chq she could transfer the money straight into your account, while you are at her house 

How d'you work that out?
have you ever done a bank transfer? all it takes is to give your bank lets say my sort code and account number, pop a ref on there as well if needed, done!  do it on internet bank, telephone, counter
chq book, look for and find, get details to put on chq, write out, give to, wait to be cashed and check/tally balance when cashed
but any whooo this is not the subject  ;D dont want to hog to another subject  ;D