Darranvps

Re: Hoses Freezing on the ground!
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2012, 08:42:43 am »
Got it wrong, it was the water dripping out of the waterfed poles that froze!
I thought running water couldn't freeze whilst running!
They battled on all day and today they have taken the hot system which I was fitting a new 120 amp battery to (yesterday) and servicing as we only bought the thing a couple of days ago and I wanted to go through it to make sure all was well with it for the coming weeks work it will do.

andyM

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 08:53:45 am »
I thought running water couldn't freeze whilst running!
They battled on all day and today they have taken the hot system which I was fitting a new 120 amp battery to (yesterday) and servicing as we only bought the thing a couple of days ago and I wanted to go through it to make sure all was well with it for the coming weeks work it will do.

Well if you were fitting a new battery and servicing the system yesterday your staff (who you refered to as numptys)wouldn't of been able to use the hot system anyway. Would they?  ???
One of the Plebs

Londoner

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 10:36:36 am »
I'm suprised because I was working in Ruislip yesterday morning which is only a few miles north of heathrow and the temperature was nowhere near freezing. It was actually quite warm in the sun, clear blue sky.

Wonderful job, a one off for an estate agent. I don't usually do one off's but the estate agent refers a lot of work my way.
A big old house where somebody had been living like a hermit, the windows were minging. A very satisfying job.

Window Washers

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 10:47:11 am »
Rhinoman

yer doing well for yourself mat. well done dont lsten to these haters

"to be successful you need to welcome success whereever you see it" Eckart Tolle
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Steve_c

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2012, 11:16:47 am »
I'm suprised because I was working in Ruislip yesterday morning which is only a few miles north of heathrow and the temperature was nowhere near freezing. It was actually quite warm in the sun, clear blue sky.

Wonderful job, a one off for an estate agent. I don't usually do one off's but the estate agent refers a lot of work my way.
A big old house where somebody had been living like a hermit, the windows were minging. A very satisfying job.
I was in staines yesterday and it was lovely, well above freezing. It seems to me staff don't want to do job on a saturday and Sunday while the guvnor repairs the system they should have been using.

Steve_c

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 11:25:31 am »
Rhinoman

"to be successful you need to welcome success whereever you see it" Eckart Tolle
Haters? I don't think so mate, he's just made himself sound silly. Brown nosing gets you everywhere.

4Taz

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 11:28:01 am »
I thought running water couldn't freeze whilst running!They battled on all day and today they have taken the hot system which I was fitting a new 120 amp battery to (yesterday) and servicing as we only bought the thing a couple of days ago and I wanted to go through it to make sure all was well with it for the coming weeks work it will do.

A common myth -

what better example of this than the Thames freezing over to a depth of 11 inches  :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Thames_frost_fairs

or this

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/gen01/gen01174.htm

James Leet

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 12:29:46 pm »

I was in staines yesterday and it was lovely, well above freezing. It seems to me staff don't want to do job on a saturday and Sunday while the guvnor repairs the system they should have been using.

Come on Guys, you know you should not let the truth get in the way of Rhino posting a " look at me " post

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2012, 12:41:22 pm »
Rhinoman

Haters? I don't think so mate, he's just made himself sound silly. Brown nosing gets you everywhere.
i didnt mean to offend mate!

george

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2012, 02:11:03 pm »
I thought running water couldn't freeze whilst running!They battled on all day and today they have taken the hot system which I was fitting a new 120 amp battery to (yesterday) and servicing as we only bought the thing a couple of days ago and I wanted to go through it to make sure all was well with it for the coming weeks work it will do.

A common myth -

what better example of this than the Thames freezing over to a depth of 11 inches  :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Thames_frost_fairs

or this

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/gen01/gen01174.htm

Running water can freeze but it will take much much more cold then what we get here nowadays.

Steve CM

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2012, 02:46:32 pm »
Water will freeze when running through microbore. Had it done to myself a few times so know it to be true. Don't think it would through half inch pipe though

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2012, 02:35:07 pm »
Water will freeze when running through microbore. Had it done to myself a few times so know it to be true. Don't think it would through half inch pipe though

Sorry, just to clarify, my comment was about rivers such as the Thames. The less volume of running water (ie microbore etc) the faster it's going to freeze up.

wfp master

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2012, 05:01:03 pm »
Whats all the fuss about? By the time I get going again on Monday the mild weather will be back!!
I don't work weekends!!

The Fuss

A reason for certain people to show off, look for the key words : Staff , hot water, Large / big job

Just another LOOK AT ME post i am afraid
lol yes theres plenty on here.