GDwindowcleaning

Re: New Customer Contract
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 12:52:55 pm »
But if they aint serious surely you sont want them anyway? Think we have to agree to disagree on this one lol

I have had customers who didnt seem that keen on the door who have become some of my best, nothing is so black and white. Thats why i have just took them on and seen what happens...

Steve CM

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 01:03:34 pm »
I have had canvassers agree a conservatory roof price in the price and had to carry it out.

I have had a load of people cancel after one clean.

I have had a lot of people turn my guys away if it rains.

I have had people turn us away because they thought we used ladders or didn't understand about leaving windows wet.

Along with non payments and everything else I listed in the previous post.

When there is 3 parties involved you want to make sure all people are clear ie everything has been explained and signed off. It's all good and well saying you've explained it but when there is an issue after one clean the window cleaner will be gunning for you so if it's signed off they know you've done your job properly.

Steve CM

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2011, 01:12:29 pm »
But also even if you canvass yourself it's could to have everything outlined and signed off because there are people out the who try it on

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 01:14:27 pm »
But getting it signed off is different from a contract...

The customer just signing to say it has been explained to them is easy, holding someone to a three month contract is not...

But having a signature is not going to stop someone trying it on...

Steve CM

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2011, 01:18:41 pm »
3 months is easy and most stay for 3 months or beyond. We must of done it with well over 2000 customers.

If your good at selling your product then you won't have an issue

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 01:35:32 pm »
Like i said i see your logic and if it works for you then great but i cant see the point of over complicating it....

Steve CM

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2011, 01:58:07 pm »
Spend 45 grand on canvassers and head ache then tell me otherwise ;)

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2011, 02:05:10 pm »
I am looking to get into canvassing for other people and trying to change the game by adopting a staged payment structure so you only pay for geniune customers. I think getting them to sign a three month contract would make the job harder and longer on the door. I also dont think ot would offer more protection than i am already offering...

Ian101

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2011, 02:08:03 pm »
We get people to sign a lead sheet agreeing to a minimum of three cleans to be honest tho we haven't been strict with it as we canvassed a lot of council we just jibbed them off coz we cudnt be bothered with messers

cant u just use paper ?? easier to sign and its a lot lighter than lead  ;)

Crystal-clear

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2011, 04:54:03 pm »
Hi steve im with you 100% of the way i too have heard everything under the sun

if it aint to much trouble you couldnt email me one of your contracts , ?

crystalclear.inbox@gmail.com

Steve CM

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2011, 05:01:22 pm »
When I get back I will no probs

Scott Dean

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2011, 05:28:11 pm »
Thank you for your honest opinion's, my main reasons however are to safe guard my initial investment. As we all know the first clean costs us money and time to get them up to the right standard. I can either charge an extortionate rate for the first clean or try to safe guard the first three cleans to enable me to at least return some revenue.

Now i fully understand that there are more than enough messer's for everyone and what i'm hoping is that making the signature (new customer contract) a compulsory part of the initial relationship between customer and company that it puts off any potential mickey takers from the start.

If however the customer is not happy after signing and having there initial cleans, i will address the situation accordingly and if they want to cancel due to these problems they can as, long as they have paid up to the last clean. I'm not saying its a way out but more of an understanding that if they are being funny now i certainly wont want them in the future.

This doesn't work for every window cleaner but i'm pushing more in 2012 for a much more professional outlook.

Steve if you could send me a copy to look at it would be really appreciated...

Cheers Scott

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2011, 05:35:47 pm »
When I get back I will no probs

Hi Steve - have just e-mailed you would like a copy too if you don't mind. thanks