Come on who's working today
« on: December 24, 2011, 06:22:50 am »
ME...... :'(

Sad i know but i have five jobs and a conny roof booked in...still it's only xmas eve... ;D ;D

dazmond

Re: Come on who's working today
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 06:36:36 am »
yep 3 hours to do.the rain was that bad yesterday i sacked work off.its certainly not sad working xmas eve!loads of people working.barbers,shop workers etc

you ll probably get a few tips as well!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

if the rains is as bad as yesterday ill sack it until 3rd jan!! ;) ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 06:41:22 am »
I'm not really moaning Daz.The wife is out doing the xmas shopping with her mates,the kids are out so i might as well go out anyway.I went over to colchester yesterday with the mrs to do a bit of shopping....MADNESS..ABSOLUTE CHAOS....i ended up sitting in the car watching a film on me iphone... ;D....imagine what it will be like today....

Best wishes

Mike #1

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 06:44:02 am »
Working 6 hrs today , loads of work to catch up on then off for 2 days then back to work for five days . MIKE

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 06:46:24 am »
daniel i can handle any shopping trip now!when you ve survived 5th avenue in new york at any time of year getting dragged round for 5 hours then xmas eve shopping here is a breeze.........eh.....yes ill be working and staying away from shops apart from the barber shop!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 06:47:48 am »
best wishes mike hope your feeling better.bad timing being ill before xmas.hopefully youll catch up soon.

regards

dazmond

Frankybadboy

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 06:52:49 am »
NOPE.

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 07:00:37 am »
NOPE.

Well that makes you even sadder than us then....at least we are only on here waiting to go to work...your'e not even going but still on here.... ;D ;D

Best wishes

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 07:19:23 am »
Yep, working here. Got my 3 top custies to do ;D
You can't polish a turd

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 07:47:27 am »
I've already been out and done two jobs  ;D .
Got another one to do in a minute inside - that will last a couple of hours.
Nothing booked in after that .  Might go and do a few houses up till lunch time.  See how it goes.

Ian101

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 08:41:13 am »
not on glass ... updating George / accounts

took a look at debtors list and consigned 3 customers to the suspended section

Customer 1 = £10 bimonthly always texts a week before due saying windows need cleaning as really dirty and when am I due then takes a few weeks to pay  :( ... last month asked me to do conny roof as well so agreed £40 extra ... texted 2 weeks after cleaned a payment reminder and got some story about being ill and staying with mum but will get around to paying it ... windows due early Jan so will pay a visit and get money then DUMP.

Customer 2 = £10 bimonthly payment 1 month overdue .... again ...  and access is crap and miserable gits as well so another dumped ... for £60 a year cant be bothered with access and waiting a month for payment

Customer 3 = £8 monthly now owes me £16 part of a very compact round I do .. tricky access .. never in when I collect (collection round) seen me doing neighbours house when last there and legged it to his car hoping I didnt spot him ... they dont value clean windows so hes history .

These are early jobs when I first started hence low values

Then washing and tidying van and changing all connectors, cleaning my poles, cleaning pumps.

Londoner

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 09:13:32 am »
Saturday morning, Christmas Eve and I'm off to do a few pre booked jobs as soon as I finish the cup of coffee and get myself motivated. Should be done by lunchtime.

Ian101

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 09:51:00 am »

Customer 1 = £10 bimonthly always texts a week before due saying windows need cleaning as really dirty and when am I due then takes a few weeks to pay  :( ... last month asked me to do conny roof as well so agreed £40 extra ... texted 2 weeks after cleaned a payment reminder and got some story about being ill and staying with mum but will get around to paying it ... windows due early Jan so will pay a visit and get money then DUMP.

Customer 2 = £10 bimonthly payment 1 month overdue .... again ...  and access is crap and miserable gits as well so another dumped ... for £60 a year cant be bothered with access and waiting a month for payment

Customer 3 = £8 monthly now owes me £16 part of a very compact round I do .. tricky access .. never in when I collect (collection round) seen me doing neighbours house when last there and legged it to his car hoping I didnt spot him ... they dont value clean windows so hes history .

Then washing and tidying van and changing all connectors, cleaning my poles, cleaning pumps.

Customer 2 .... cheque arrived in post today 25 days after job done .... guess they just got paid ?? ... mmm maybe keep em  ???

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2011, 10:24:38 am »
we just got paid £150 , 1 year after completing the work, only took about 20 stamps and 20 statements ofaccount, and over 100 phone calls to the accounts department, to get my money

Mo

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2011, 10:29:19 am »
no me back on 18jan

Paul Coleman

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2011, 10:31:18 am »
we just got paid £150 , 1 year after completing the work, only took about 20 stamps and 20 statements ofaccount, and over 100 phone calls to the accounts department, to get my money

I think my record was about three years but it was only about 5 or 6 quid.

simon w

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2011, 10:40:40 am »

Guess you wont be working for them again. You should have gone down the CCJ route, probably wouldn't have gone as far as that as usually a letter before action from a debt collection company does the trick, only costs a few quid and would have saved you all those stamps, phone calls and hassle, I've had to go down this route twice, both occasions the value owed was substantial and have been paid up with interest etc on both occasions.

bobplum

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2011, 11:10:44 am »

Customer 2 .... cheque arrived in post today 25 days after job done .... guess they just got paid ?? ... mmm maybe keep em  ???

no dump you know you were right in your first post

bobplum

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2011, 11:11:54 am »
i am working today and tomorrow,i am Hindu, Jehovah,mix so holidays don't apply to me ;D

simon w

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2011, 11:18:35 am »
i am working today and tomorrow,i am Hindu, Jehovah,mix so holidays don't apply to me ;D

Well if your a JW dont come around my place tomorrow canvassing and leaflet dropping  :o or you'll get a bucket of cold dirty window cleaning water chucked over you from the bedroom window  ;D

Smudgeoff Cleaning Services

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2011, 11:27:57 am »
2 hrs for me ! Have a good Xmas chaps

daz
" To Get It All Off Call Smudgeoff"

colin purewater

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2011, 11:52:45 am »
Yep me! Only so I don't have to go food shopping or rap anything,
Might pop in the pub on me way home to  ;D
keep it simple

AuRavelling79

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 11:56:00 am »

Are you ambivalent towards swastikas then?  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

simon w

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2011, 12:10:13 pm »

Well Guy's whether your working, home wrapping Xmas gifts, or smug with nothing left to do  :D have a very merry Christmas and a great 2012

Peace and goodwill to all

wfp master

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2011, 12:38:03 pm »
some desperate people on here. :(

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2011, 01:14:57 pm »
2 jobs today  after yesterdays rain and im now done

Both customers VERY pleased to have their windows cleaned this side off christmas even though it was the day before
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2011, 02:17:21 pm »

i dont really see the difference....
If i was behind during the week i would allways catch up on a Saturday anyway.The fact that a few people specifically asked for a clean on xmas eve saturday doesn't really mean a lot other than the customer thinks i am the dogs bollox for doing what they want on christmas eve.... ;D ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2011, 02:26:39 pm »

Just fulfilling contracts.
What's wrong with being desperate anyway?
I wonder if you would see it that way if you were one of my creditors.

richywilts

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2011, 03:41:57 pm »
we had 600 quid due off a construction firm who operate an over 55s apartment complex they tend to pay every 6 months after clean is carried out even tho we state 30day terms we got in a debt recovery agent last friday who charge ten percent had 3 cheques post dated cum thru each for 200quid
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Johnny B

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2011, 04:43:09 pm »

Will you be visiting any shops/pubs/clubs between now and Jan 2? Just keep in mind that if you do, then you will be having to rely on someone who is having to work to help/serve you.  ;D

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2011, 05:55:23 pm »
NOPE.

Well that makes you even sadder than us then....at least we are only on here waiting to go to work...your'e not even going but still on here.... ;D ;D

Best wishes
checked emails done a bit of book-in then 7.30 was off on a 50mile bike training ride happy days,whos sad ;D

bobplum

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2011, 06:00:03 pm »

if i knew what "ambivalent" meant i would answer ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2011, 06:11:20 pm »

if i knew what "ambivalent" meant i would answer ;D
google bob google