gwrightson

Sprinter 311
« on: March 10, 2010, 07:41:22 am »

what would you suggest the best thing to do ?

I now have my sprinter surplus to requirments having bought a master, now would you suggest i shove it on flea bay as it is ? bearing in mind it is now ready for mot, 0r spend a few quid on it to get trough mot and then sell with a years ticket on it?
Having just spent 1k on the van sorting the engine out it now runs like a dream, but does require a cple of other jobs doing ie, brake pads and some cosmetic work to tidy it up.
But I am thinking that if a cpl hundred getting it sorted and a years ticket i would get mre cash, their again , I dont really know if i can be arsed and just want it out the way.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

michael toomey

Re: Sprinter 311
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 10:56:12 am »
scrap it Geoff

davaw

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 11:06:20 am »
how much you wnat for it im in needof van

gwrightson

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 03:53:54 pm »
Dave, if you want to give me a call on 01482 633776 i can discuss with you or 07788865139 mobile.

like i said i was in t 2 minds what to do with it , but probrbly best idea is to just sell ,its only going to be taking room up on drive.

geoff.

Mike, If you scrap that heap of a t/m your selling ill consider scrapping the merc ;) ;D
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 03:56:30 pm »
Flash new van eh Geoff  ;) ;)
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

gwrightson

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 07:37:02 am »
Yes Tony ;D 

Skint now ;)  you ok for a few bob tied me over  :D

Geoff

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 08:11:46 am »
Cheque in post  ::) ::)
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

gwrightson

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 05:18:38 am »
As dave has never been in touch,

i think ill put it on flea bay.

if anybody interested . it is a 311cdi lwb h/h   51 plate itthe engine is great  " now i just spent a fortune on it "
gear box, clutch all fine.  In the last few weeks it has had a complete change of oil and filters , new lucas starter motor ,new glow plugs  and all of injecters strpped and cleaned.  3 tyres recently put on.

on offer for 1k as it stands ,now obviously at this price one or two things need attention, and i will be as honest as i can.
It does need an mot and from what my man has told me nothing major to get the ticket. it does need some rear pads, there are some rust marks appearing in places but nothing major, i snapped the ignition key in the ignition, still starts with the spare keys but idealy needs the old key removing from barrel,1 headlight needs a bulb but works fine on main and side, a rear brake light needs a bulb.their is a crack in windscreen which i.m sure if sure any body can claim a replacement on their insurance ;) i have listed any thing i feel relevent.
yes it showing as having been to the moon and back, but i can assure you this is way of the true milage , for some reason the tripometer, flicks over faster than an Essex girl on a friday night, as anybody who drives it will see " apparently, this is to do with the workings of the comp as the clock also gains around an hour a week.

Geoff

davaw

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 05:27:50 am »
yes i was intrested and to tell you the truth coukld do with a sprinter as there good vans but i really need one with a mot as im busy trying to set my buissness up and it will be a extra hassle to get it done send me a picture off it let me see it and send a couple off the rust and is there any noises from back diff its defo the brakes have you looked under and made sure it needs no welding and the steps okay like i said send a couple off photos its a steal on the reg if it only needs a few things doing were are  you again aswell ?
davaw@live.co.uk
i wont answer till afternoon going to bed now been on nights

gwrightson

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 06:43:28 am »
Dave  , i will take some pics o can assure you it is just cosmetic, axels are fine , bearings are fine and def no welding needed.

Like i said i could be bothered and get a ticket on it, the price would rocket, but now i have my new van i just cannot be bothered .
i.m based in e yorks

Geoff
oh  over a months tax left  and no vat

gwrightson

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 05:50:48 pm »

Dave , and jason   sorry van is now sold .

Had a market trader paid cash this afternoon ,didnt even want to take it for a run , sorry guys but I have to accept first with the cash.

geoff