fitz2kleen

Wanted Rotary for bonnet cleaning
« on: January 25, 2010, 02:16:00 pm »
Hi all,
Does anyone have a rotary for sale suitable for bonneting?
Just had an enquiry for a job that is gonna need one so i guess i better look at getting one sooner rather later.

If anyone can help plz call marc 07535 660 762

thanks

Pristine Clean

Re: Wanted Rotary for bonnet cleaning
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 08:28:41 pm »
Hi,

I dont know if you know about bonett cleaning. But you need a slow speed rotary about 175rpm.

Go to your local machine place that sells floor cleaning mahines. Used ones are around £100 - 200 mark

Hope that is of some help

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

jasonl

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 09:16:40 pm »
You do not need a slow speed ,, I WISH PEOPLE WOULD STOP POSTING THIS FALSE INFORMATION .

I have been using high speed for 18  years come April ,, so have hundreds of others, High speed brushes and emulsifies much better. 

If you try and use a dry pad  on dry carpet then it will be easier to create swirl or burn marks.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

fitz2kleen

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 09:23:40 pm »
Hi,

I dont know if you know about bonett cleaning. But you need a slow speed rotary about 175rpm.

Go to your local machine place that sells floor cleaning mahines. Used ones are around £100 - 200 mark

Hope that is of some help

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the advice, YES i do know about bonnet cleaning. Was just wondering if anyone here had a machine for sale.
Certainly didnt expect to start a full scale war on who knows what lol.

Cheers Jason, it does seem to be a case of everyone knows best lately doesnt it?

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 09:28:33 pm »
For sale two truvox trophy 400rpm with vac attachment (best of both worlds) ;)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Jon Tabbener

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 11:32:09 pm »
there is one for sale on this page  - Numatic

- look a few messages down Alan from Edge2edge is selling it
Cleaner Carpets

Pristine Clean

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 01:33:41 pm »
You do not need a slow speed ,, I WISH PEOPLE WOULD STOP POSTING THIS FALSE INFORMATION .

[

I have been using high speed for 18  years come April ,, so have hundreds of others, High speed brushes and emulsifies much better. 

If you try and use a dry pad  on dry carpet then it will be easier to create swirl or burn marks.

color=Red]There has been no FALSE information given whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/color]

I never said you could not use a high speed rotary. I know you can.

But if this is the case, Why is that when you attend courses they tell you 175 works best?

It is also been proven in the industry THAT 175RPM is better than high speed. According to what I have read in the magazines and at trade shows.

As At 300 rpm or higher, you run the risk of abrading the carpet surface.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

jasonl

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 02:42:21 pm »
I never said you could not use a high speed rotary. I know you can.

But if this is the case, Why is that when you attend course they tell you 175 works best?

It is also been proven in the industry THAT 175RPM is better than high speed. According to what I have read in the magazines and at trade shows.

As At 300 rpm or higher, you run the risk of abrading the carpet surface.

You clearly said that he needs slow speed ,,, from what you have read !!  Well from what I have experienced , on thousands of carpet cleans ,, high speed is fine ,,, Yes you risk abrading the carpet surface ,,, you also risk overwetting the carpet using HWE ,, EXCEPT  if you carry out the clean properly.  Have you actually used a buffer to clean carpets , or just heard and read things?

Dave
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

fitz2kleen

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 03:01:53 pm »
hiya,
from reading the posts im not too sure who the digs are at..... but yes i am famliar with bonnet cleaning , yes i have attended training courses and i , along with my partner are both qualified technicians.
i never mentioned speeds, what i asked was DOES ANYONE HAVE A ROTARY SUITABLE FOR BONNETING????
As i posted the message in the BUYING OR SELLING EQUIPMENT section, i expected replies from people that maybe had one for sale, surplus to requirement following upgrade etc.
certainly didnt expect  this.... Maybe i will think twice about asking such a simple question in future , forgive me , i thought that was what the forum was for not to score brownie points against each other!

Pristine Clean

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 03:31:37 pm »
Not at you fitz.

Its a forum. I was just trying to be helpful. But someone always tried to contradict in some way. The information I gave was NOT FALSE it is recomended my the manufactuers to use a slow speed machine.

And yes I have many buffing machines, and have buffed lots of carpets, we work on mainly commercial but for the sake of an argument - Jason knows best.

Dave

jasonl

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 04:03:58 pm »
Dave , pristine ,, I do know best on this subject ,, and I do not like liars or tall story tellers,

You have been  busy since september ,, you now have many buffers ,, and have cleaned many carpets , yet    http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=80839.0#msg711788

Last september you could not identify a polyprop carpet , and only had a Rhino.

I am calling BS ON THIS ONE.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Pristine Clean

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 04:48:49 pm »
Dave , pristine ,, I do know best on this subject ,, and I do not like liars or tall story tellers,

You have been  busy since september ,, you now have many buffers ,, and have cleaned many carpets , yet    http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=80839.0#msg711788

Last september you could not identify a polyprop carpet , and only had a Rhino.

I am calling BS ON THIS ONE.

Actually I have been here much longer than that because if you really delve deep. Which I can see as you are bored you may well do. I have been here way longer than September. Its just I re-registered. due to an error.

Just because I was seeking advice on Polyprop does not mean I do not know about buffing machines. And if you clearly do your research I am sure you will find once again... that the manufacturers say a slow speed machine is recomended. ie 175rpm.

Also its was not that I could not identify it, It was what was the best method to clean it. I WISH PEOPLE WOULD STOP POSTING THIS FALSE INFORMATION
By the way I still have a RHINO. Why if I had a an ALLTEC, or a TM would that make me any more knowledgable?

Plus with the commercial work we have we bonnet, encap \ CIMEX - not HWE on our commercial work. Even with a TM it takes far too long.

As for tall story tellers, liars,

I had not used portable Hot water extraction untill about September as we moved into domestic side.

I hope this clears things up.

Thats a pretty tall statement to call someone a liar , story teller. You might one day wish to think how to conduct yourself to others. It gives the wrong impression totally.

Dave

Dave

fitz2kleen

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 05:41:39 pm »
guys please.... i only asked if anyone had a rotary for sale ,
 i have got one now thanks , but in future i will just look elsewhere i think.
put your handbags away ladies and lets get back to being professionals shall we?

Pristine Clean

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 05:54:50 pm »
ok Fitz I agree.

This is my last post on the subject.

1. I was just trying to be helpful.
2. I was not intending to argue with anyone and I still am not it just that Jason has made it kind of personal. By saying I know nothing, I am not professional as I only have a Rhino for HWE.

Oh and obviously as I have only been here since September I obviously did not do anything prior to joining this forum.
And because of that I am a liar , story teller. Which I think is below the belt.

I did not try to belittle anyone.

Dave

fitz2kleen

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 06:46:44 pm »
i agree dave ,
i think its totally irrelevant what machines we use as long as our customers are happy with the service they receive and that we have the knowledge to give them that service.
flash machinery is only as good as the operator using it and a good technician will receive better results with a lower grade machine than a poor technician with the bee knees!

pureh20

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 12:29:32 pm »
email sent mate..  8)