tomo

sometimes it reminds us things arent so bad.
« on: January 12, 2010, 06:55:01 pm »
The third house i cleaned today both cars were in the drive, i have known this couple for 10 yrs at least and as they have moved to bigger and better houses  they have always kept me on as their window cleaner.

I have watched their lives in a snippet of time and like me they have two young children, mine are 7 and 3 they have two under 4. I finished the clean and knocked for payment, the wife answered and told me that her husband (36yrs old) has been in hospital since boxing day, with what seemed to be severe indigestion, turns out its cancer, she said he doesnt drink or smoke, he plays five a side every week and seemed relatively healthy i was gutted but she said they are going to fight it with everything they got i was amazed at her positvity .

I couldnt stop thinking about it as i am 35 myself. you know its been difficult for everybody these last few weeks workwise etc but like i said in the title post , when things like that happen you realise your problems are nowhere as bad as you imagined them to be.

Tomo

stephen s

Re: sometimes it reminds us things arent so bad.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 06:59:17 pm »
2 of my best friends both died of cancer in their early 30's, well one was cancer and the other lukeimia

life is so short so enjoy every second you can

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 07:05:03 pm »
The third house i cleaned today both cars were in the drive, i have known this couple for 10 yrs at least and as they have moved to bigger and better houses  they have always kept me on as their window cleaner.

I have watched their lives in a snippet of time and like me they have two young children, mine are 7 and 3 they have two under 4. I finished the clean and knocked for payment, the wife answered and told me that her husband (36yrs old) has been in hospital since boxing day, with what seemed to be severe indigestion, turns out its cancer, she said he doesnt drink or smoke, he plays five a side every week and seemed relatively healthy i was gutted but she said they are going to fight it with everything they got i was amazed at her positvity .

I couldnt stop thinking about it as i am 35 myself. you know its been difficult for everybody these last few weeks workwise etc but like i said in the title post , when things like that happen you realise your problems are nowhere as bad as you imagined them to be.

Tomo
Totally agree with you Tomo, I had to carry my 3 year old neice Summer last december out of the church in her coffin she had cancer.

I am glad you posted this, as I was feeling a little sorry for myself tbh.

It does make you think.....

I just hope this lady and guy get passed this

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

gewindows

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 07:05:56 pm »
I was talking last night to a friend I havent seen or spoken to in 24/25 years. (the wonders of Facebook)

The year I last saw him he was in a car accident that left him in a coma for 6 months.

He had the accident on 23rd September.

On 23rd October his brother was killed.

On 23rd November his niece was killed.

tomo

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 07:09:45 pm »
my stomach flipped over when she told me, i guess you dont realise over time how well and how much you care for customers that have been with you for years

tomo

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 07:26:18 pm »
The odd thing though for the rest of the day i felt i didnt care what customers thought of me for cleaning in snow or for putting up prices, it made me think "make the most of it" and not to hold back from saying things(to certain people) in relation to trying to improve the business.

At the end of the day if i was or ever am in this customer's position,,,  where would annoying customer's or bad times in business matter, the only thing then that would matter is my wife and  children thus why wait till or if something like that happens. If i keep these things "that really matter" which for me is family+ loved ones to the fore of my mind then i will go to work and come from work a happier man no matter what!

tomo

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 07:29:56 pm »
ww sorry to hear that

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 07:31:44 pm »
The odd thing though for the rest of the day i felt i didnt care what customers thought of me for cleaning in snow or for putting up prices, it made me think "make the most of it" and not to hold back from saying things(to certain people) in relation to trying to improve the business.

At the end of the day if i was or ever am in this customer's position,,,  where would annoying customer's or bad times in business matter, the only thing then that would matter is my wife and  children thus why wait till or if something like that happens. If i keep these things "that really matter" which for me is family+ loved ones to the fore of my mind then i will go to work and come from work a happier man no matter what!
very well said sincere apologizes to yr valued customer wish him all the best ,m8
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

reachandshine

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 07:38:12 pm »
Had a similiar thing with a customer last year and sadly he past of lukemia, he was only in his thirtys. Left behind two liitle ones and wife. Still see them when I clean every 6 wks and have to have a few quite moments to myself in the van afterwards its just so sad.
"Your pane is our pleasure!"

matt

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 01:38:26 pm »
live each day like it could be your last

i know its not a responsible attitude with children, but sometimes you need to take stock and enjoy the time with the children

we see people on here who mock me for working 3 days a week, for spending my money on holidays and " good times "

life is too short, enjoy it, live it and have a good time

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 01:50:47 pm »
just came back from my ex father in laws funeral

not realy had much contact with the chap over the twelve years ive been devorced
But showed my respects , on hearing what eveyone had to say about him has realy made me sad for the rest of the family

Sad day
Andy

Frankybadboy

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 04:29:56 pm »
live each day like it could be your last

i know its not a responsible attitude with children, but sometimes you need to take stock and enjoy the time with the children

we see people on here who mock me for working 3 days a week, for spending my money on holidays and " good times "

life is too short, enjoy it, live it and have a good time
i feel the same way matt,just i work 5days.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 06:15:20 pm »
my wifes sister - her husband died at around 30 of leukemia, left 2 young kids, now my nieces...

its very sad, i never met him but he sounded a nice chap and no one deserves it
very true that it shows what is important in life, money is nice but it isnt the main thing as such tragedies help us learn, sometimes too late though!

LSB

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 06:29:30 pm »
my 39 yr old brother who has worked for me on and off for many years died suddenly last november of a massive heart attack .