G Griffin

Re: Had a fall...can I still work?
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2010, 01:28:06 pm »
Get a sick note in case you can`t work because of the weather or injury.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Tosh

« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2010, 01:31:00 pm »
And FFS watch where you're putting your feet.  Wor Lass is a 'mong', but even she's not fallen over yet and she's still running everyday.

You flid! ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2010, 01:34:21 pm »
And FFS watch where you're putting your feet.  Wor Lass is a 'mong', but even she's not fallen over yet and she's still running everyday.

You flid! ;D

Not very PC but very funny  ;D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

gewindows

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2010, 01:41:46 pm »
Its Th actually  ;D

mark dew

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2010, 02:33:06 pm »
haha. It's always good fun when the shysters get found out.  ;D
Apart from the helpful posts, i think the 'sussed you' posts are a close second best.  ;D

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2010, 03:46:32 pm »
Flid ;D

Aint heard that word for a long time :)
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2010, 03:49:31 pm »
Apologies to tosh and anyone else. Squeaks has always drawn a lot of fire, and i think for two reasons. One is that he can be very funny, and two is when someone upsets him and he is fireing back but not intending to be funny, he his still very funny.

Anyway, strapping up seems to be the key to working, so i would experiment before you go out.

Roy Harding

« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2010, 04:17:35 pm »
Hi Roger

Sorry about your news.

However about 3yrs ago I broke 2 ribs and worked full days and every step I took could feel my ribs flaping loose in my chest and every step.

I banged in the pain killers but it took about six to eight months to heal.

So you can work but it depends on your pain threshold.

I have done very little in the last 3 wks and have lots oustanding otherwise I would give you a couple of days.

Roy

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2010, 06:18:26 pm »
Hi Roger

Sorry about your news.

However about 3yrs ago I broke 2 ribs and worked full days and every step I took could feel my ribs flaping loose in my chest and every step.

I banged in the pain killers but it took about six to eight months to heal.

So you can work but it depends on your pain threshold.

I have done very little in the last 3 wks and have lots oustanding otherwise I would give you a couple of days.

Roy
Oh thanks Roy. I'll get by.
It's not snapped like that, just a probable fracture.
The weather's far more of a problem!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2010, 06:27:40 pm »
Ribs:

About three years ago I went on one of my hike type thingies and tripped and fell on one of the paths coming down Cadair Idris - it didn't hurt but I got covered in mud and after a 150 mile drive home I got straight in the bath and slipped getting out whacking my ribs on the bath edge.  ;D

I bruised a rib, and went to the quack who basically felt it and said he didn't think it was broken but that I might as well work through it. A week later I asked him if I could get stronger painkillers and he said that he recommended the following mix.

A maximum of two ibuprofen x 200mg and two paracetomol x 500mg (4 tablets in total) up to 3 times a day.

But check with your doc first, Squeaks.

It just took the edge off of it and I worked "as though I had a newspaper under my arm" and the pain lasted six months I'm afraid.

Cozy/Gaby - Aha! Zer Obergruppenfuhrer Davezaintivel ist der detectif as vell! I hope he duzzent find out that Gold, Tosh and PureClean (Graeme) are a Trinity of posters too!
It's a game of three halves!

Tosh

« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2010, 07:04:52 pm »

Cozy/Gaby - Aha! Zer Obergruppenfuhrer Davezaintivel ist der detectif as vell! I hope he duzzent find out that Gold, Tosh and PureClean (Graeme) are a Trinity of posters too!

I'm sure Dave is the same as yourself, Malc, and doesn't believe in the Trinity!  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2010, 04:22:22 pm »
best wishes squeaky.hope u manage to get out and do a bit.i would take it easy though and get the doctors advice as well.as regarding finances the best way ive found is to phone all ur creditors up and make sure ur rent/council tax is paid first to keep a roof over ur head and say have a 1 or 2 year plan to pay everything off and stick to it.its better to just pay a little each week off ur debt and any stress about that debt slowly eases over time as it gets smaller and smaller then when its paid off its a great feeling!then work on the next one and so on till there all paid off! ;D

i know from experience so i know how u feel.im much better with money and im building a better business now but ive had to learn the hard way.hopefully this will be a blessing in disguise! ;D ;D

to the smug ones on here who knows whats round the corner?a good dose of misfortune/illness might make some of u better people or an unexpected tragedy and u lose half ur business or all of it and youll know what its like!

regards dazmond
price higher/work harder!

telboy

« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2010, 04:39:14 pm »
If vyour reading this Squeaky
did you manage to get out today
and do you feel any better ;)

williamx

« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2010, 06:08:59 pm »
Yes I had a fall yesterday, but not at work!

Walking home from the pub last night (not drunk) I had a bit of an argument with an icy pavement.
Bashed my head and went a bit funny,

How did you know the difference as you have always been funny  ;D

A couple of years ago I fell and broke my left shoulder, which still causes me problems today, I did not have a day off, the same as when I broke my wrist (same arm) a couple of years before.

I am not superhuman just yet, but at times you have to soak up, what life throws at you and kept on plodding along.

I can also understand what you are going though with your daughter as I have had the same problems with both of my ex's, It will work out in time though, just be patient.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2010, 06:53:04 pm »
If vyour reading this Squeaky
did you manage to get out today
and do you feel any better ;)
Yeah, cheers Tel.
Not a big day, as it took a while to thaw the system out, then i had to finish earlier as I has an appointment with the business manager at the bank.
Didn't solve much!

cockney rebel

« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2010, 07:18:59 am »
Flid ;D

Aint heard that word for a long time :)
Me neither. Used to say it at school. ;D