Sir Squeaky

Had a fall...can I still work?
« on: January 09, 2010, 07:10:53 pm »
Yes I had a fall yesterday, but not at work!

Walking home from the pub last night (not drunk) I had a bit of an argument with an icy pavement.
Bashed my head and went a bit funny, strained my wrist, bit of whiplash and worst of all according to the hospital I've cracked a rib.

Pretty painful to move today and even breathing hurts if it's too deep.

What i was going to ask is whether it's going to affect working with the pole.
Anyone else worked with such an injury?

Tell you what...I'm in serious financial trouble, still bloody single, my ex stopped me having my daughter this week, and now I stack it and break my ribs.

Never rains but it pours does it?   :-[ ;D

martinsadie

Re: Had a fall...can I still work?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 07:14:32 pm »
i cracked a rib a few years ago,and carried on working short days  but i knew about it every time i streched on that side,also hurt when picking heavy stuff up,i am trad but i think you will struggle wih pole

Craig 72

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 07:16:05 pm »
Sorry to hear that mate.I know from experience how painful a broken rib can be.You'll be out of action for a good while if I'm any judge.Good time to put your feet up though,with the weather being shocking anyway.

lee09

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 07:22:37 pm »
Hi Squeeks
Sorry about your fall, but daft question asking if you can work your fan club on here will have a field day with you.
The only way you will know if you can work is to give it a go, maybe do your own tomorrow and see how you feel. Did the hospital not advise you on when you can do a bit?
Still it's done now , hope you recover quickly
Lee

Pureandclean

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 07:25:13 pm »
Any chance you could employ someone? Give you the chance to manage and maybe build up the business by you doing the marketing.

jonnyald

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 07:26:41 pm »
sorry to hear that ,wish you a speedy recovery  matey

mad exs are a  pain arent they  eh

prestige cleaners

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 07:27:31 pm »
bloody nightmare! get well soon mate! the only thing i can think will help is strong painkillers, and some kind of lumber support, but dont push it you might make it worse,

im always scared of doing an injury, ive got a sports bike and i like downhill mountain biking, maybe i should get some personal injury insurance but cant afford it at mo  :(

martinsadie

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 07:28:07 pm »
Any chance you could employ someone? Give you the chance to manage and maybe build up the business by you doing the marketing.
Tosh might help out

gewindows

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 07:29:22 pm »
Could be worse.

You might have broken a leg, every cloud has a silver lining.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 07:29:38 pm »
Tosh might help out
lol!

martinsadie

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 07:31:38 pm »
Tosh might help out
lol!
careful mine always hurt when i laughed a lot  ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 07:37:30 pm »

Tell you what...I'm in serious financial trouble, still bloody single, my ex stopped me having my daughter this week, and now I stack it and break my ribs.

when my ex stopped me seeing the kids i got a court order,it means you have to keep to set times but you dont miss out

Pureandclean

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 07:39:05 pm »
When I busted my collar-bone playing rugby, the most difficult thing was getting into bed.

matt

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 07:39:26 pm »
sorry to hear about your news rog

next week looks like its going to be 0 or 1 C, so this ice is going to stay around, so the its likely you will be off anyways

you have a fishing pole dont you ?  ? ? i guess you use a lightweight brush, well thats as good as you will get, give it a whirl, work a few hours ( at least you will earn a few quid )

but as i said, next week looks likely to be a write-off anyways

matt

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 07:41:29 pm »

when my ex stopped me seeing the kids i got a court order,it means you have to keep to set times but you dont miss out

indeed, get down the CAB

matt

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 07:42:44 pm »
Quote from: Squeaky Clean. link=topic=87929.msg785686#msg785686

still bloody single

read my posts above

ref being single, you thought about the other side, you might have more luck  :P

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 07:43:20 pm »
You may struggle wfp with a cracked rib.
 Work if you can or just trad downstairs. But don`t if you have a sick note  :-X  

Ps. what you doing in the pub if you`re skint  :)
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 07:46:15 pm »

Smart arse! I had a few quid to take my daughter out today, but not needed now!

Anyway, i only had 3 pints and two of them were bought me, so I spent a grand total of £2.50. ;D

lee_dewing

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 07:48:23 pm »
get well soon squeaky
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

gary999

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2010, 07:48:51 pm »
sorry to hear of your injury.

if you cant work out some reasonable access rights
personally with your ex give your local magistrates
a call they will give you details of how you can personally
take your ex to court without you being ripped off
for thousands by a solicitor.believe me its very simple
and only cost me £60 to sort it out.

G Griffin

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2010, 07:56:23 pm »

Anyway, i only had 3 pints and two of them were bought me, so I spent a grand total of £2.50. ;D
Tight arse!  ;D
   If the forecast is right then you wouldn`t have done much next week anyway. At least now you some sick pay. Get a note for next week and go sick for last week too. You don`t need a note for your first week but don`t get as much.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

rz

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2010, 08:11:10 pm »
bugger :'(

get well soon rog

matt

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 08:11:10 pm »

Tight arse!  ;D
   If the forecast is right then you wouldn`t have done much next week anyway. At least now you some sick pay. Get a note for next week and go sick for last week too. You don`t a note for your first week but don`t get as much.

good call

a few quid on SSP benefit

as you are not going to be working, might aswell have a few quid

Mr T

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 08:18:15 pm »

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 08:23:01 pm »
Could of been worse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nteMp3OQu98
That isn't worse, that's exactly how I fell!

I was knocked funny for a few seconds, but I was determined to stay concious. Glad I wasn't knocked out...Down an alleyway at midnight on the ice in -6c! Doesn't bear thinking about. :-\

gewindows

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 08:26:09 pm »
The plot thickens  ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010, 08:55:12 pm »
Rog

I broke my shoulder about 7 weeks ago, the timing couldnt of been worse, 2 of my guys were just about to take 2 weeks holiday, I was already behind and was about to start a big contract, all that with Christmas and the bad weather looming.

the bone i broke has a chest muscle attached and where part of the Bicep attaches, It is extremely painfull and I can't get a wink of sleep with it.

Bottom line is, I have had to struggle on with work with it, I resorted to one handed or putting the pole over my shoulder and supporting against my neck, It was really awkward and painful, but I didnt have much choice.

Getting the ladders off the van was a real trauma, as i couldnt raise my right arm at all, I had to put scrim cloths on my roof and just slide the ladders down one handed.

Just had another x-ray on monday and the bone still has not fused yet, but it is looking better than it was.

Where there's a will there is way.

Tosh

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2010, 09:15:24 pm »
That's not good news, Rog, sorry fella.

Just keep in mind that this run of bad luck will pass; the weather and your ribs will sort themselves out. 

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2010, 09:27:21 pm »
Cheers guys.

Not the easiest of times!

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2010, 09:32:43 pm »
hope you get over it soon squeaky i once broke a rib playing football and it can be painful at times but did manage to work .
where theres muck theres money

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2010, 10:00:43 pm »
Well i think you take more than your fair share of teasing, probably to do with what was called the chepstoe four etc.But there has always been an underlying pattern to your posting, and this is that through mishap and calamity you are always driven much against your better judgement to improve yourself. A bit like an accident not so much waiting to happen, as waiting to make a lot of money.You are the eddie the eagle of window cleaning, no matter how hapless you might appear,fortune, eventually will always shine on you.

You aren't the brain of Britian, and probably still loaf about in the caff' half the day, but you do seem to have a good business. The guys this time are telling you to employ and i think they're right.You need another reel and a pump, and of course the right guy.

It's pretty obvious you don't want to do this and think it's impossible.But didn't you think wfp was out of the question?Wasn't a new van only for mugs? And signwriting it even dafter?

Go on, do something else that you think is against common sense, and make your business even better.

scud

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2010, 10:24:19 pm »
  I know the pain you are feeling Roger, I did 7 ribs in one go a good few years ago in a motocross accident - them bikes are heavy when they land on you from 6ft up!

Rest while the weather is bad and then grin and bear it!

tacky

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2010, 10:29:09 pm »
that was a bit harsh slumbuster .

mark dew

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2010, 10:39:56 pm »
roger dave st ives advice is probably your best way, though he broke a shoulder which i think is more restrictive to work with.
Only you know what you can do when you try and your kit is top end anyway so i reckon you've a good chance of doing something. The key i think is to try to work without lifting your arms and the only way you can do that is to wfp the 'proper way.' Remember the posts on here years ago about supporting the pole with the cup of your hand and walking forwards and backwards to get the up and down stroke?
Well that's gonna be the best way of earning cash (apart from getting your camera out). Avoid usg side to side strokes and cup the end of the pole around where it looks like you are cupping your balls. That way i reckon you could earn well, with less pain.

cozy

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2010, 10:51:39 pm »
Squeaky, we haven’t really got on that well on here. We have often had different opinions and views about nearly everything. Having said that, I don’t really dislike you Roger, just don’t agree with most of what you post.

If you have been reading a lot of what has been posted on this part of the forum lately, we have quite a lot of first year guys, who haven’t had time to put money away for times like these, as they have been lucky to earn enough while building a round / business for gods sake.

I’m not having a bash at you for the fun of it, although I have done in the past, but having been in this game for as long as you have you should have known that tough times come to all of us. It’s a wonder that some guys haven’t really told you this before, but someone who says he can’t pay his tax bill, or is really deep in trouble with money, doesn’t spend his cash down the boozer.

I don’t know anyone that would buy designer T-shirts and take out “fit birds” when they can’t afford to pay the rent  / mortgage. If I did meet someone like that, and had to listen to them bleating about not being able to earn enough to live, I would most likely advise them to set their priorities correctly.

Another point that needs making Roger is, if I had a medical problem, I wouldn’t advise anyone to ask a window cleaner for advice about it. I would rather get my medical advice from a doctor, after all, don’t you have the NHS over there?

It all smacks of sympathy fishing really. Get a grip, go and see your doctor and take Slumpbusters advice and plan better as a small business owner or employ someone. By employ someone, I mean someone to clean windows for you, or someone to give you sympathy.

By the way, in my experience, a busted rib can take upto 8 weeks or longer to stop really hurting, bite the bullet, or sort out your problems, like the rest of us do.

By the way, I don’t really care what people think of me for saying all this Roger., but I felt it needed saying.

After all, it's not the first time this week that you have posted for a sympathy vote is it?

trevor perry

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2010, 12:16:33 am »
the only advice i can give as i have worked with a broken rib is to bandage your chest up tight to restrict any unecassary movement it is still painful to work like this but not as painful as not being strapped up, hope it gets well soon squeeky.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

cockney rebel

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2010, 01:07:38 am »
Get well soon. ;D

wizard

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2010, 06:10:33 am »
That a prang in March, The air bage bag ihit chest so hard broke a few ribs ,Mate its not nice. I worked but it was very painfull and it took a long time to heals. Hope you repair soon.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2010, 09:13:09 am »
There are some really harsh replies here,.. I know you're all gits, but but is it really necessary?!

Anyone can have a bad run of things, sickness, vehicle trouble, personal issues etc,.. the emergency fund can disappear on silly little things like rent & food,.. and through no fault of your own you find yourself stuck, unable to work & stone broke. It can happen to ANYONE, no matter how well prepared.

When it does happen, shouldn't we be helping & encouraging instead of kicking him when he's down?!!

For what its worth Rog, after consulting a doctor of course, I'd be getting some strong pain killers and doing my best to work short days, maybe only 4 hours a day with a long lunch break in the middle, but it'd keep some money coming in and keep most of the custies happy. Maybe even  work a couple of hours on a saturday to make up for a bit of what you miss during the week?
Its going to be very sore for a while, but most (Not all, check with your doctor) injuries actually heal faster & better with regular light exercise. I'd also consider taking on a part timer to help out on any higher work and also as a source of motivation. I know if I've a worker arranged to meet me at a certain time it forces me to get in gear and get out when I otherwise might make excuses.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2010, 09:17:54 am »
Squeaky, we haven’t really got on that well on here. We have often had different opinions and views about nearly everything. Having said that, I don’t really dislike you Roger, just don’t agree with most of what you post.

If you have been reading a lot of what has been posted on this part of the forum lately, we have quite a lot of first year guys, who haven’t had time to put money away for times like these, as they have been lucky to earn enough while building a round / business for gods sake.

I’m not having a bash at you for the fun of it, although I have done in the past, but having been in this game for as long as you have you should have known that tough times come to all of us. It’s a wonder that some guys haven’t really told you this before, but someone who says he can’t pay his tax bill, or is really deep in trouble with money, doesn’t spend his cash down the boozer.

I don’t know anyone that would buy designer T-shirts and take out “fit birds” when they can’t afford to pay the rent  / mortgage. If I did meet someone like that, and had to listen to them bleating about not being able to earn enough to live, I would most likely advise them to set their priorities correctly.

Another point that needs making Roger is, if I had a medical problem, I wouldn’t advise anyone to ask a window cleaner for advice about it. I would rather get my medical advice from a doctor, after all, don’t you have the NHS over there?

It all smacks of sympathy fishing really. Get a grip, go and see your doctor and take Slumpbusters advice and plan better as a small business owner or employ someone. By employ someone, I mean someone to clean windows for you, or someone to give you sympathy.

By the way, in my experience, a busted rib can take upto 8 weeks or longer to stop really hurting, bite the bullet, or sort out your problems, like the rest of us do.

By the way, I don’t really care what people think of me for saying all this Roger., but I felt it needed saying.

After all, it's not the first time this week that you have posted for a sympathy vote is it?

Is that a -Gaby- or a Cozy post, I had a very similar attack from Gaby with the same ip address, you are either the same person or you both have the same attitude towards people and write in exactly the same way.

Surely You both can't have this fiery up and at them attitude or can you ?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2010, 09:25:04 am »
What Do you think, look at the last line and the "in Quote stuff"
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=85054.40

I know quite a few average "one man bands", that take more than £30K home. You seem to think that "one man bands" don't earn a lot. Your attitude is, if the "normal window cleaner" doesn't have more than 2 firm vans and T-shirts with printed logo's on them and at least 3 people working for him, then they can't earn more than you. Wrong! I wish, you would get off your high horse. There are people on here, that are 10 times bigger than you.

I don't want to sound nasty, ban me if you like, but all this "I'm a mod, I must be better than the rest of you", is a joke. it makes my blood boil, when I see people creeping up your backside.  Mike Halliday gives great answers on posts, right down to earth.

You don't answer posts from guys, who want an answer on a "forum question", guys who ask mods (YOU) in the "window cleaning section" all you answer, is your own posts. Posts you started, or compliments.

Shame

In the last 6 months, all you've been giving is an impression, that you are some kind of household name.

Most of your posts are waving your own flag (I've been on TV, blah blah)

It's embarrassing to read. There is nothing wrong, with doing well, it's when you shove YOUR flag down other peoples throats.

How you accept the praise from "smaller one man bands" is sickening.

By the way, Cozy told you by email who I was when I opened my account, so I am not hiding from anything.

Tosh

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2010, 09:25:46 am »
Anyone can have a bad run of things, sickness, vehicle trouble, personal issues etc,.. the emergency fund can disappear on silly little things like rent & food,.. and through no fault of your own you find yourself stuck, unable to work & stone broke. It can happen to ANYONE, no matter how well prepared.

When it does happen, shouldn't we be helping & encouraging instead of kicking him when he's down?!!

For what its worth Rog, after consulting a doctor of course, I'd be getting some strong pain killers and doing my best to work short days, maybe only 4 hours a day with a long lunch break in the middle, but it'd keep some money coming in and keep most of the custies happy. Maybe even  work a couple of hours on a saturday to make up for a bit of what you miss during the week?
Its going to be very sore for a while, but most (Not all, check with your doctor) injuries actually heal faster & better with regular light exercise. I'd also consider taking on a part timer to help out on any higher work and also as a source of motivation. I know if I've a worker arranged to meet me at a certain time it forces me to get in gear and get out when I otherwise might make excuses.

Good post, and there's a few planks that need removing from eyes on this forum, though working a 4 hour day is pretty much a full day for Squeaks.  ;D

But hey, bad things happen and sometimes they're the catalyst we need to force us to change and the 'bad things' turn out to be a blessing in disguise. 

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2010, 09:46:32 am »
I agree. I hope i'm not one of the planks.

The good things out of bad things is very true. Most of us are in a comfort zone, and only when big things like the wife leaving us or getting the sack do we strike out for change because we have to. Most of us are cowards, but in those nothing to lose situations things can take an unexpected turn for the better.

Tosh

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2010, 09:55:32 am »

Its something Jesus said, apparently.

Quote by Jesus:
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the plank in your own eye?

Tosh

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2010, 10:04:01 am »

Its something Jesus said, apparently.

Quote by Jesus:
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the plank in your own eye?

I knew that would be a 'post stopper'.  ;D

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2010, 10:06:12 am »
I never make personal comments.You have made many about squeaks.

You even ran a tag ridiculing him for months, so don't try and twist this into me kicking a man when he is down.

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2010, 10:32:31 am »

Walking home from the pub last night (not drunk) I had a bit of an argument with an icy pavement.
Bashed my head and went a bit funny, strained my wrist, bit of whiplash and worst of all according to the hospital I've cracked a rib.

Pretty painful to move today and even breathing hurts if it's too deep.

What i was going to ask is whether it's going to affect working with the pole.
Anyone else worked with such an injury?

Never rains but it pours does it?   :-[ ;D

Why was you down the pub then if you are in serious financial trouble.
Have you tried marketing your photography?....there are some excellent ways out there to make a few quid....

Tosh

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2010, 10:33:07 am »
I never make personal comments.You have made many about squeaks.

You even ran a tag ridiculing him for months, so don't try and twist this into me kicking a man when he is down.

Why do you feel my post was directed at you?  It wasn't!  I was just explaining the 'plank' bit which was a reference to some earlier posts in the off-topic section.  I haven't looked at your backposts, but I can't recall you giving Squeaks an 'ard time!

And Squeaky wasn't down when I was taking the mick out of him.  I'm more than happy to give and receive on the urine extraction front, and I have received - it makes me laugh - and if you remember, that sig I had was just a cut 'n' paste of what Squeaky had posted.

So there's no need to be getting your knickers in a twist!

gewindows

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2010, 10:35:10 am »
Jesus also said

People in green-houses shouldnt throw stones
  ;D

Anyway, Ive deleted my post which was below the belt regarding Roger, I apologise Roger, particularly if I caused you any offence, there was no need for it. Sorry.

Matt

Tosh

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2010, 10:41:20 am »
It's true though Tosh...you used  to take the p1ss straight away on many a topic...but since you have turned into a fat little buddha you have calemed down... ;D

I keep on telling you, I'm not fat and I'm a long way off from becoming a Budda.  I'm not even a Bodhisattva yet, though I plan to be one about Spring time.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2010, 10:43:02 am »
I think he should use more inspirational characters in his avatar instead of all those Walter Mitty ones, ie victor meldrew, Alan Partridge, um betty, I think they say a lot about a person.

Put Richard Branson or Duncan Bannatyne or someone inspirational.

Gosh that last one stood against his van has got to be the worst one yet.

elite mike

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2010, 10:46:56 am »
sorry to hear that rog , if i can get ahead,  ::) i will pop and give you a hand

when i broke my ribs i did manage to carry on  :o

lived on nuerafen

try not to laugh

dont cough ;D

ps good on you matt bateman ;)

cozy

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2010, 10:48:32 am »
Well spotted Dave.
Even though I've sent 2 e-mails telling you who she is. Tosh, Matt Bateman and a few others also know who she is. Having told you at least twice what the score is, would it then be a good idea and me post in her name? Why would anyone do that? ???  I don't really bother with what you post, so if your style bothers her and she has a pop at you, that's her business.

Get over it for gods sake.
Just go and post a few lines about how far you've come since you first started. I'm sure enough people saying how well you've done and lots of "Well done" posts will make you feel better. It's just 1 or 2 people having a pop, nothing more. I don't even know her password.

So having played Sherlock Holmes, maybe it would be a good idea to get a few books on memory improvement.

I've never criticised you in the past. You seem to be rattled by her posts regarding you.I thought you were bigger than that.

Just for the record, I stand by what I posted earlier to Squeaky. Every word. By the way Dave, do think I'm too "Shy" to post my own posts and would hide behind her?  

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2010, 10:53:27 am »
It's true though Tosh...you used  to take the p1ss straight away on many a topic...but since you have turned into a fat little buddha you have calemed down... ;D

I keep on telling you, I'm not fat and I'm a long way off from becoming a Budda.  I'm not even a Bodhisattva yet, though I plan to be one about Spring time.

So you are going to start showing compassion and wisdom together....still think you you shave your head...it goes with the image... ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2010, 10:56:11 am »
Cozy

Youhave just been rumbled, its funny how there at least 6 similaritys in the way you post.

You have just critisiced me in the same way Gaby did

I seem to remember Gaby Quoting "fit Birds" in the way you did,

You both say "guys"

you both ended with "by the way"

I could go on

I have never said anything against you but you "both" have something to say about me.

i think it was created so one half of you could talk to Archer and the other to have a go at him all the time

we have seen split personalitys in the past and this is just another.

cozy

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2010, 10:59:10 am »
I'll say it again. I sent you a mail in August and another 6 or 7 weeks ago about Gaby, shall I post them on here to jog your memory?  Make a point that makes sense. Rumbled  ??? What have I got to hide?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2010, 11:03:46 am »
I dont know what your motives are, you told me there was another user "Gaby" but the writing style and the having a dig are exactly the same, as well as another at least 6 "similaritys"

Like i said earlier , one to have a go at Archer with and one to be nice.

Maybe the same with me up until this moment.

I honestly don't know what your motives are.

elite mike

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2010, 11:06:17 am »
whats happened  to this thread ;D

cozy

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2010, 11:08:54 am »
I haven't got any motives to have a go at you, otherwise why would I hide behind Gaby. What part of the story don't you understand? You seem pretty convinced it was me who had a pop at you last time. If that was the case, why would I answer your "Dixon of Dock Green" police work in spotting that we are man and wife?

Doesn't make sense really does it? I see her point though, but didn't think it was a good idea to disrespect a mod. Now I'm not so sure.

cozy

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2010, 11:09:20 am »

Ask a mod

Dean Taberner

« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2010, 11:11:05 am »
Is gaby your wife then cozy ??? ???
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2010, 11:12:57 am »
Cozy

Too many similaritys mate, you both revved up your attacks towards the end with "i dont care, or  ban me" as closing statements in both different posts.

Any fool can see the 2 posts were written by the same person

cozy

« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2010, 11:13:06 am »
Yes mate, and I told Dave by mail who she was when she opened her account. I was sick of her looking over my shoulder and commenting on my posts, so I told her to open her own account. Thought it was only right to imform Dave. Now he thinks I post in her account. DOH!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2010, 11:15:23 am »
Probably told me because i have access to ip addresses.

Look at the 2 posts and tell me there not by the same person, look at all the other similaritys of the 2 posts.

cozy

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2010, 11:15:45 am »
Cozy

Too many similaritys mate, you both revved up your attacks towards the end with "i dont care, or  ban me" as closing statements in both different posts.

Any fool can see the 2 posts were written by the same person

You just don't get it do you? Why would I tell you who she is, then post in her name? What part of that do you find hard nto understand Dave?

cozy

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2010, 11:19:46 am »
Probably told me because i have access to ip addresses.

Look at the 2 posts and tell me there not by the same person, look at all the other similaritys of the 2 posts.

Then why did you ask me by e-mail who she was? What's wrong with this picture. If this was anyone else asking stupid questions like these, I would use pictures to explain it. I'm trying to be civil because of your position as a mod. A certain respect if you like. If a mod was shown to be thick and abit slow on the uptake, it wouldn't be good for a forum would it?

Steve CM

« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2010, 11:21:53 am »
I think you've been nabbed Cozy ;)

cozy

« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2010, 11:23:58 am »
Why Steve? Do I need to hide behind another person? After I told Dave when she started, who she was. I'd have to be thick to use her account then wouldn't I?

Steve CM

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2010, 11:26:27 am »
Why Steve? Do I need to hide behind another person? After I told Dave when she started, who she was. I'd have to be thick to use her account then wouldn't I?

or just blatent enough to think you have a get out clause

cozy

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2010, 11:30:35 am »
Well if I had one, why would I use it now? Let him fight his own corner Steve.

« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2010, 11:30:35 am »
Or perhaps he is a cross dresser with split personalities....there are a few on here  ;D

Steve CM

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2010, 11:44:29 am »
Well if I had one, why would I use it now? Let him fight his own corner Steve.

i'm not fighting anyones corner. just adding my thoughts 8)

Tosh

« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2010, 11:46:04 am »
Or perhaps he is a cross dresser with split personalities....there are a few on here  ;D

Are you stalking me, Daniel?  Trying to test my 'Buddha' skills?  ;D

telboy

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2010, 12:17:05 pm »

Same old same old

Someomne puts a legitamate thread on here and
it gets hi-jacked :(

Bye the way

Keep your chin up Squeaks
Things can only get better ;)

telboy

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2010, 12:23:12 pm »
Same old same old

As usual a legitamate post has been hi-jacked

keep your chin up Squeaky
things can only get better ;)

G Griffin

« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2010, 12:38:01 pm »
Same old same old

Can we quote you on that?  ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2010, 12:39:25 pm »
I havent got any corners to fight.

telboy

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2010, 12:40:12 pm »
Same old same old

Can we quote you on that?  ;D

You can repeat it if you like :D

matt

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2010, 01:19:23 pm »
how is roger now ? ? ? ?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2010, 01:21:36 pm »
Well...what a lot I've had to read this morning...

Some sensible helpful replies, some the usual childish rubbish.
And no surprise to learn about Cozy and Gaby. That makes sense...remember the sticking up for squaddies thing?
I don't know what the agenda is. But it's known in internet circles as flaming, and they're known as trolls.

Yes I will be trying to work this week, pain or not, I can't afford not to.
It doesn't really feel any more painful today, and I'll cope.
Whether the weather lets me is another thing, but that's out of my hands.

So thankyou to the more helpful people, and to those who apologised for non-helpful replies! :)

G Griffin

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2010, 01:28:06 pm »
Get a sick note in case you can`t work because of the weather or injury.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Tosh

« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2010, 01:31:00 pm »
And FFS watch where you're putting your feet.  Wor Lass is a 'mong', but even she's not fallen over yet and she's still running everyday.

You flid! ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2010, 01:34:21 pm »
And FFS watch where you're putting your feet.  Wor Lass is a 'mong', but even she's not fallen over yet and she's still running everyday.

You flid! ;D

Not very PC but very funny  ;D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

gewindows

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2010, 01:41:46 pm »
Its Th actually  ;D

mark dew

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2010, 02:33:06 pm »
haha. It's always good fun when the shysters get found out.  ;D
Apart from the helpful posts, i think the 'sussed you' posts are a close second best.  ;D

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2010, 03:46:32 pm »
Flid ;D

Aint heard that word for a long time :)
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2010, 03:49:31 pm »
Apologies to tosh and anyone else. Squeaks has always drawn a lot of fire, and i think for two reasons. One is that he can be very funny, and two is when someone upsets him and he is fireing back but not intending to be funny, he his still very funny.

Anyway, strapping up seems to be the key to working, so i would experiment before you go out.

Roy Harding

« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2010, 04:17:35 pm »
Hi Roger

Sorry about your news.

However about 3yrs ago I broke 2 ribs and worked full days and every step I took could feel my ribs flaping loose in my chest and every step.

I banged in the pain killers but it took about six to eight months to heal.

So you can work but it depends on your pain threshold.

I have done very little in the last 3 wks and have lots oustanding otherwise I would give you a couple of days.

Roy

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2010, 06:18:26 pm »
Hi Roger

Sorry about your news.

However about 3yrs ago I broke 2 ribs and worked full days and every step I took could feel my ribs flaping loose in my chest and every step.

I banged in the pain killers but it took about six to eight months to heal.

So you can work but it depends on your pain threshold.

I have done very little in the last 3 wks and have lots oustanding otherwise I would give you a couple of days.

Roy
Oh thanks Roy. I'll get by.
It's not snapped like that, just a probable fracture.
The weather's far more of a problem!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2010, 06:27:40 pm »
Ribs:

About three years ago I went on one of my hike type thingies and tripped and fell on one of the paths coming down Cadair Idris - it didn't hurt but I got covered in mud and after a 150 mile drive home I got straight in the bath and slipped getting out whacking my ribs on the bath edge.  ;D

I bruised a rib, and went to the quack who basically felt it and said he didn't think it was broken but that I might as well work through it. A week later I asked him if I could get stronger painkillers and he said that he recommended the following mix.

A maximum of two ibuprofen x 200mg and two paracetomol x 500mg (4 tablets in total) up to 3 times a day.

But check with your doc first, Squeaks.

It just took the edge off of it and I worked "as though I had a newspaper under my arm" and the pain lasted six months I'm afraid.

Cozy/Gaby - Aha! Zer Obergruppenfuhrer Davezaintivel ist der detectif as vell! I hope he duzzent find out that Gold, Tosh and PureClean (Graeme) are a Trinity of posters too!
It's a game of three halves!

Tosh

« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2010, 07:04:52 pm »

Cozy/Gaby - Aha! Zer Obergruppenfuhrer Davezaintivel ist der detectif as vell! I hope he duzzent find out that Gold, Tosh and PureClean (Graeme) are a Trinity of posters too!

I'm sure Dave is the same as yourself, Malc, and doesn't believe in the Trinity!  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2010, 04:22:22 pm »
best wishes squeaky.hope u manage to get out and do a bit.i would take it easy though and get the doctors advice as well.as regarding finances the best way ive found is to phone all ur creditors up and make sure ur rent/council tax is paid first to keep a roof over ur head and say have a 1 or 2 year plan to pay everything off and stick to it.its better to just pay a little each week off ur debt and any stress about that debt slowly eases over time as it gets smaller and smaller then when its paid off its a great feeling!then work on the next one and so on till there all paid off! ;D

i know from experience so i know how u feel.im much better with money and im building a better business now but ive had to learn the hard way.hopefully this will be a blessing in disguise! ;D ;D

to the smug ones on here who knows whats round the corner?a good dose of misfortune/illness might make some of u better people or an unexpected tragedy and u lose half ur business or all of it and youll know what its like!

regards dazmond
price higher/work harder!

telboy

« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2010, 04:39:14 pm »
If vyour reading this Squeaky
did you manage to get out today
and do you feel any better ;)

williamx

« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2010, 06:08:59 pm »

Bashed my head and went a bit funny,

How did you know the difference as you have always been funny  ;D

A couple of years ago I fell and broke my left shoulder, which still causes me problems today, I did not have a day off, the same as when I broke my wrist (same arm) a couple of years before.

I am not superhuman just yet, but at times you have to soak up, what life throws at you and kept on plodding along.

I can also understand what you are going though with your daughter as I have had the same problems with both of my ex's, It will work out in time though, just be patient.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2010, 06:53:04 pm »
If vyour reading this Squeaky
did you manage to get out today
and do you feel any better ;)
Yeah, cheers Tel.
Not a big day, as it took a while to thaw the system out, then i had to finish earlier as I has an appointment with the business manager at the bank.
Didn't solve much!

cockney rebel

« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2010, 07:18:59 am »
Flid ;D

Aint heard that word for a long time :)
Me neither. Used to say it at school. ;D