tomo

is your van modified?
« on: November 23, 2009, 01:28:39 pm »
just heard off the insurance company that any tank bolted in the back of your vehicle is counted as a modification of the vehicle and if its not declared can void your insurance apparently ::) some companies have a limit of 600 ltrs anyone else had this issue and can you point me to some decent van insures please guys as i've tried all compare sites , my premiems have jumped up 30% and i have no claims  ??? is this the same across the board?

rg1

Re: is your van modified?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 01:33:34 pm »
theres a garage near me that do mods.extra bhp,body kits etc.if anybody is interested they are verey good.dont know why you want to modify a van though but each to his own as my dad says

Think you mis-read the o/t
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

stephen s

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 01:33:44 pm »
theres a garage near me that do mods.extra bhp,body kits etc.if anybody is interested they are verey good.dont know why you want to modify a van though but each to his own as my dad says

so do any of us live near you ?          always a big help if you give us all a clue and tell us where you are

rg1

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 01:53:46 pm »
hi stephen im in medway near maidstone if you want any mods doing.they do nice alloy wheels and big banging sound systems.i tell you what the bass in the back of a van would be incredable.i didnt realise you guys were into modding vans.top respect

??? ??? ??? ???
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

steven ainger

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 02:07:09 pm »
i assume the 600 ltrs is the size of the water tank in the van.

matt

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 02:13:01 pm »
just heard off the insurance company that any tank bolted in the back of your vehicle is counted as a modification of the vehicle and if its not declared can void your insurance apparently ::) some companies have a limit of 600 ltrs anyone else had this issue and can you point me to some decent van insures please guys as i've tried all compare sites , my premiems have jumped up 30% and i have no claims  ??? is this the same across the board?

well having a bolted down cage around a tank is really a modification

wasnt that part of the reason why people bolted in big tie down points and used ratchet straps

South Coast Cleaning Services

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 02:25:09 pm »
myself i would get a trailer.my mondeo could prob handle that

whats the payload for a mondeo

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 02:37:28 pm »
Yes a tank bolted in is classed as a modification and you have to declare it or insurance is void.

I have 2 modifications in the van... 400L tank and cage bolted down. Also I have two seats In the back bolted down for the kids...
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

drwindows

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 02:41:29 pm »
Your insurance co is quite right, a system in a van is a vehicle modification and you have to have it declared specifically on your motor insurance policy otherwise it is void, and you are driving without insurance.

Its also no good just telling them about it, as that doesnt count for anything.  They have to actually ammend your policy so that the actual wording "VEHICLE MODIFIED TO INCLUDE 600 LITRE WATER TANK" or similar on your insurance certificate.  If you dont have that then you're motor insurance in void.

TC1

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 03:44:14 pm »

well having a bolted down cage around a tank is really a modification

wasnt that part of the reason why people bolted in big tie down points and used ratchet straps

Sorry if I appear a bit  stupid, but are you saying, if the cage is tied down with ratchet straps then this is ok?
I Have a 1000l tank and cage in my toyota hiace and I use ratchet straps to lash it down, thought this was fine as I havent made any modifications to it?  :-\