daniel b

what would you quote
« on: March 18, 2008, 01:14:45 pm »
Went to quote this job this mornin, and as nobody was there Thought i would take some pics to post on here too see what people charge in different parts of the country.

1off clean, internal & external.
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

daniel b

Re: what would you charge
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 01:17:08 pm »
NFMWGC NO.9442,

daniel b

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 01:20:43 pm »
dam only just noticed the view i should have taken a pic of that too ???
NFMWGC NO.9442,

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 01:59:49 pm »
well they look pretty wealthy with the aston martin and things. Looks like a long job, with all the small windows, quite a strange looking place with the kinda conservatory thing in the roof. Inside and out £300?

Alex Wingrove

Re: what would you quote
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 02:17:26 pm »
£70 outside, £120 inside,

£190 in total

daniel b

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 02:24:36 pm »
well they look pretty wealthy with the aston martin and things. Looks like a long job, with all the small windows, quite a strange looking place with the kinda conservatory thing in the roof. Inside and out £300?

Thanks guys,  well spotted jon i had a quick look under the cover lovely cars astons.
NFMWGC NO.9442,

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 02:37:11 pm »
I made it about £50 for the outsides based on the area of glass, but the one in the roof looks like a nightmare for access.  Not even sure it can be done with WFP from the ground, definitely not the roof sides.  Then there's the issue of paintwork - they look like wooden sash Georgian, if the paint isn't perfect there's a problem with streaking.

SO: Start at £50.  Add on at least £20 for the difficulty aspect.  Then another £20 for flaky paint problems.  Then another £35 "rich tax"  ;D  Aston Martin etc - be prepared to give an absolutely first class job, but charge for it.

total:£105 outside.

Inside is a whole different situation.  Not only will you have to negotate priceless antiques on the window sills and unbelievably heavy furniture in front of every window,  but every pane will have to be cleaned by hand, either small squeegee or leather and scrim, so it's going to take three times as long as the outs.  Then there's that horrible staircase (roof conservatory).  Access will probably be extremely difficult as it is above the stairs (you can see the landing bannister inside)

So: insides at least three times outs (more if they want the inside of the glass roof doing :o)

Total so far:  £420

Then it's a one-off.  I always charge at least 50% extra for these (we don't do many ::)) because they're a pain in the a**e.

I wouldn't really expect to get the job, but then I wouldn't realy want it, there's much easier ways to earn a crust ;D

If it was the first clean of an ongoing contract, I'd go for about £350- £400 with a subsequent rate of £300-ish.

daniel b

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 02:45:05 pm »
Ian your very close to what i actually quoted, when they 1st contacted us they basically told us we have the job as they cannot get anyone to clean them and can we give them a date for the clean (music to my ears) we faxed the quote and within 30mins they rang to confirm date.

It will be a nightmare especially the insides but a nice little earner at the end of the day ;)
NFMWGC NO.9442,

Helen

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 02:46:07 pm »
Not had a good look at the pics, but on the first one the 2 ground floor windows are they secondary double glazed? There are some white strips which don't seem to match the outer frames, if you have secondary DG then it is four sides to sides to clean ;D
Daniel if you couldn't get inside to see access etc, I wouldn't quote them yet as you could have major prblems and wish you had never seen the place!

Just seen you last post.....good luck, let us know how it goes....couldn't possible sneak an Aston away for me could you? ;D ;D

daniel b

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 03:01:08 pm »
Not had a good look at the pics, but on the first one the 2 ground floor windows are they secondary double glazed? There are some white strips which don't seem to match the outer frames, if you have secondary DG then it is four sides to sides to clean ;D
Daniel if you couldn't get inside to see access etc, I wouldn't quote them yet as you could have major prblems and wish you had never seen the place!

Just seen you last post.....good luck, let us know how it goes....couldn't possible sneak an Aston away for me could you? ;D ;D

lol i think its an old aston but still very nice, puts my car too shame lol
NFMWGC NO.9442,

daniel b

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 03:04:29 pm »
actually anyone know what aston martin that might be, i only looked at the wheels to see if it defo was an aston.
NFMWGC NO.9442,

NWH

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 04:42:25 pm »

£190 in total
Alex have you moved areas then lol. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

aztec

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 04:46:27 pm »
not even a mornings work, 150.00 all in

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 04:51:46 pm »
Daniel, Im sure its not one of the new ones judging from its size ( too small ) and the deep front grill, on the more modern ones the grill doesnt go in like that so deep, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

jampot

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 04:55:34 pm »
not even a mornings work, 150.00 all in

i think your about spot no mate
 :)

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 09:41:02 pm »
db7 circa 1996.....probly ???

daniel b

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 09:50:16 pm »
im gonna take a better peak next week ;D
NFMWGC NO.9442,

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 10:38:07 pm »

£190 in total
Alex have you moved areas then lol. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I was waiting for your comment

let me know, i should be aiming higher? you think the outsides will take you more than an hour? insides 2? pffff

you've got soft with that pole, you goto slow

jonah

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 10:43:31 pm »
Just wondered if the owner of that property would be comfortable knowing the details , location , and make of cars were for all to see on the net !