brightnclean

What would you pay a really good canvassing company?
« on: September 11, 2007, 09:52:27 pm »
I have been turning it over in my mind about what I would pay a canvassing company that did the job well.

They all seem to ask 2 times the clean value for domestic work.

Also they seem to offer a refund for cancelling customers.

IF there was a really good company the did what it is supposed to do proffessionaly, consistently and represented YOUR company in the way you wanted them to what vaue would you place on this?

x 1  x2  x3   x4 or whatever you think.

Pricing work would have to be realistic. No-one can magically make a £10 clean worth £20

Refunds are a dodgy area I think.  In defence of all canvassing companies they are in the hands of their client (Us) to deliver the service they have sold. I would place a time limit of 3 months on cancellation refunds and would also want to talk to the customer about WHY they cancelled before blindly handing back the money.

I know what "X" I would be prepared to pay for a good reliable service.

Remember a £10 monthly clean will bring in £120 over the year and so on.

Please no "I would do it myself" replies because I dont want this to become a free for all.

O.K. to get the ball rolling I would pay 4 x the clean value in staged payments.  2 x on handover of work.  1 x 3 months later and the 4th at 6 months.

That way the canvassing company can cover their expenses and it isn't too much of a lump to pay out for the cleaner. GENUINE cancellations could be deducted from the staged payments.

Oh and please no...  "I buy established rounds at £xxx.

Good domestic window cleaning work can pay very well. In fact probably better than most commercial and you aren't waiting months for the payment to come in so I value it at even 4x as a very sound investment.

O.K. folks what do you think?

geefree

Re: What would you pay a really good canvassing company?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 09:55:06 pm »
check out  "trademarks "post... it may enlighten you.  :D

nat

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 09:58:54 pm »
I think your mad brightnclean!
 ;D

only joking! i think its all a risk, there are a lot of messers out there, and to pay 4 times is ludicrous, i have found that all my new sign ups i normally hold on to around 70-80% of them, as long as they replace the work at 2 times then i still think its worth it just a little more hassle

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 09:59:45 pm »
I agree 4 x sounds about right, then again people slate pds they charge this the 2x as far as i know only offer refund if they cancel straight away, if you clean once you get half back clean twice not there problem. that could just be a couple of companies that do that that IMO

brightnclean

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 10:08:55 pm »
I think your mad brightnclean!
 ;D

only joking! i think its all a risk, there are a lot of messers out there, and to pay 4 times is ludicrous, i have found that all my new sign ups i normally hold on to around 70-80% of them, as long as they replace the work at 2 times then i still think its worth it just a little more hassle

Well this is the sort of reaction I was expecting. In life you get what you pay for. At 2x the clean value and to offer refunds willy nilly no wonder there seems to be (Alleged) problems with some of the canvassing companies.

BTW I am not mad  :P   I still think at 4x good well paying domestic work is a sound business investment.

nat

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 10:16:38 pm »
in order to achieve the figures your stating, you would need to lose 50% of all customers at 2x with no refund! if i'm keeping 20-30% more then 2x is more of a sound investment

niceandclean

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 11:29:38 pm »
I pay twice the amount for my customers, have a 3 month cancelation policy, not that i have had to use it, and if i feel that it has been underpriced, again not that i have had this problem either, i  can keep the customer and have my money back.  I would be happy to pay up to 4 x the amount if i was still getting the quality work i am now. I also have no problems with them representing me or my business to my new potential customers.

Stevie G

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 11:42:42 pm »
careful she might watching ;D

groundhog

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 11:46:58 pm »
4x!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats like offering to work for free for 4 months!! Absolute madness in my opinion!!!!

niceandclean

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 11:48:21 pm »