Clear Vision

Brodex poles
« on: August 01, 2006, 11:22:07 pm »
Was just looking at these poles http://www.brodexbms.co.uk/poles.htm

Can you adapt them to take a unger angle joint?

Do they come with hose and does the hose run inside the pole.

What great prices!! Also correct me If I'm wrong but Is It buy one get one free?

Matthew
Clear Vision

cybersye

Re: Brodex poles
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 12:40:44 am »
Looks like the commercial poles have a cranked angle joint anyhow and yes they come complete with hose inside the pole and fittings,
 the guy I used to work for used brodex poles
 Good durable poles  worth the money but i think the wording is a bit misleading, It reads to me that theyre saying their poles are half the price of the competition so why not buy 2 of theirs for the same price as 1 of their rivals .
Not sure they are 50 % cheaper than others compare their 35 ft commercial pole to gardiners 38 ft residential.  I'm not knocking them they were very good but people on here seem very pleased with the gardiner pole too, though I've not tried one but am considering getting one now my 2nd hand powerpole is wearing out.
just my opinion ;)
see for yourself
http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/

Simon

billozz

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 06:17:50 pm »
simon,
we have been using gardiner poles and the one problem we have found with them (something that alex gardiner mentioned in a post the other day) is, if, as we do, you use a 12' pole to do the upstairs windows and then shorten it to do the groundfloor windows then the pole does wear quite a lot at the point where you lock it off to do the groundfloor, this means that after a while, maybe a week or so the bit of the pole with the brush on, starts to slip round, ie it wont lock into place....hope i am explaining this right....so you lock off with the pole out a bit further, this is fine for a while, but then the same problem occurs, eventually you are trying to the groundfloor windows witha pole thats about 9' long.
alex says that he avoids this by usinng a shorter 4' pole for groundfloor, but as far as we can see this would mean carrying 2 poles around, maybe over rooves etc, not very practical methinks
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

DASERVICES

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 06:31:36 pm »

Billozz,

Why don't you just tighten the nut on the clamp, this I find does the job. I
  use Gardners as well.

Doug

poleman

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 06:34:53 pm »
Reason they say 50% cheaper is because, they are 50% cheaper then the same lightest pole on the market which is ionic ergo-lite, but understand it can be miss read, we use these poles and are very happy with them – light and cheap and for me stronger than the ergo-lite, but dont like the brush head as it attracts to much dirt and needs cleaning more

Andy      

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 07:23:15 pm »
Mathew, I too would not be without my cranked joint so adapted an Ionic Ergolight 60fter by sawing the tip of the pole off then fitting a short pices of the no2 Unger over it by sawing down the alu   tube for 1" then clamping with a jubilee clip. Then another short piece of the N01 section fits into the N02 as normal. If you want to try it with any pole please feel free to ask for more details.

Regarding the wearing of clamps, The Ionics nuts&bolts can wear, so I simply got used to just pinching the lever to lock, instead of locking it all the way home. A little knack to it, but its easy really and helps reduce wear on the tubes. I found out about this when sliding the pole into a pvc tube on the rack. I slid it too hard and the little lock stop was smashed off against the end of the tube  :'( . I did think of super gluing a little stop back but never got round to it.