DaveBrown

1st day WFP!
« on: August 01, 2006, 06:28:26 pm »
Was me 1st day on wi't new system today - loved it! Only earned half as much as normal tho - hope I speed up soon. Used to get tired going up and down ladders all day but I feel fine today. As I was using me 18ft pole extended all the way tho I started to think - How do the fellas using 40 - 60 ft poles go on rinsing after brushing? I'm struggling with mine as it is cos its quite bendy! How do you go on?

Dave

Majestic

Re: 1st day WFP!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 06:30:41 pm »
On a couple of jobs I use a 50ft powerpole , if you dont have regular breaks  you can feel it in your shoulders

DaveBrown

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 06:34:12 pm »
John, I mean like how do you hold it away from the window to give it a rinse?

Dave

cybersye

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 07:43:34 pm »
John, I mean like how do you hold it away from the window to give it a rinse?

Dave

i think i know what your getting at Dave, bit of practice really, dont know if this is good or bad but I sometimes rinse with the poles end cap on the ground wedged firmly in front of one foot and then kinda pivot it back away slightly from the glass, careful though you need to be pretty accurate else you just displace dirt all over your clean window from surrounding frame and brickwork.
Simon

DaveBrown

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 08:49:43 pm »
Cybersye - What about the water pipe coming out of the bottom of the pole, mate?

Dave

cybersye

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 09:12:42 pm »
never really found it a problem, I've a 40 ft power pole.
I guess some hose may kink a little though mines a heavy duty reinforced type. The pole is tilted slightly anyhow resting on one side of the base cap, that leaves a bit of room for the hose.
Alternatively to get a bit of leaverage on the pole if its fully extended and feeling heavy I stand with my right leg forward and the pole pressing against the inside of my thigh and knee if that makes any sense. :)
long poles can be heavy work and i find it easier if you can use other parts of your body momentarily to relieve the strain on your arms and shoulders.
Hope this has helped
Simon