pylofm

Starting with WFP
« on: July 30, 2006, 09:55:45 am »
Hi All, as I am now starting out in the 'wild and wacky' world of window cleaning...

Did any of you guys/gals start with WFP?, I am intending on using the WFP for tops and trad for d/s...

Just thought that I would throw this question and get your idea's.

Cheers
Dave.

Clear Vision

Re: Starting with WFP
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 10:33:05 am »

I am intending on using the WFP for tops and trad for d/s...

If its good enough for upstairs it's good enough for downstairs! Is it not???

Do the whole lot!!

Why get two sets of tools out for the same job when there is only need for one?

Matthew
Clear Vision

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 11:18:57 am »
Matts right. If you have already made the decision to start with wfp then it is much quicker to do it all.

Many on here think you should get traditional experience under your belt so you have the skills in case needed, other have said a wfp course is invaluable.

Its horses for courses and whats right for others may not suit you.

Personally,  I would just go wfp straight away.  Get yourself on a BWCA day course and practice like mad on family and neighbours before you go for it.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Sarah

Sarah

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 11:29:09 am »
On one of the other boards a couple of years ago Justin Ruggles amazed everyone by saying that he had zero window cleaning experience, promptly went of and bought a wfp system and started cleaning. He is still successfully at it now. You may want to seek him out.

sair

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 01:41:36 pm »
you have a choice wfp up and down is the only sensible route! its safe fast effective  but people have insides movin into commercial insides are essentiall.

wfp is as much a tool as are the applicator and blade both need to be mastered in my opinion. and yes even ladder usage needs to be clearly understood as i have seen as many fall of the a frame as the double 12.

if you have time then learn trad as well it will never die out and there will allways be a need to do this aspect of window cleaning .
Essentially Pure Ltd