alpha

WFP They love it
« on: July 29, 2006, 10:23:55 am »
I was really not sure wether I should go down the WFP. In fact I tried to put some off, telling them things I have heard but not expirienced. Now one year down the road " I'm lovin it"  Yes it isn't the end to all window cleaning problems, But it is slighlty quicker. We are now able to get 14 days work done in 9. The customers love it. Window frames are cleaner. The windows stay cleaner a wee bit longer. And the old maxim that my father taught me works true on WPF. Do a good job be honest and reliable and the customer will never let you down.
And best of all it is safer for the opertive.
Sorry for the traditional out there Yes cleaning windows the trad way has its place. But I have been cleaning for 20yrs and I am really glad I made the change.
Thanks guys for all your posts that helped to  iron out any gliches.
Have a good weekend

Sir Squeaky

Re: WFP They love it
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 10:27:24 am »
Sorry for the traditional out there Yes cleaning windows the trad way has its place.
Don't be sorry. I'm glad I don't have wfp.

If you're happy though, then you've done the right thing.
Good luck. :)

bumper

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 11:30:16 am »
If its quicker worn't your custumers be asking you  for a part  refund

ronaldo

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 12:04:42 pm »
If its quicker worn't your custumers be asking you  for a part refund

What for when theyre getting a better job done !
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 03:55:56 pm »
If its quicker worn't your custumers be asking you  for a part refund

What for when theyre getting a better job done !
Are you sure? ::)

macc

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 04:38:21 pm »

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 04:57:27 pm »
Thought you might be Macc. ;D

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 05:04:39 pm »
AAAAAhhhhhrrrrrr:  leave it there, lads.  Don't turn this into another WFP versus Ladder users post.

Even I'm sick of it, and I love a good 'debate' (read argument).

But yes, without a doubt, WFP can do an equally good, or even better job than trad in a short time.  I've no doubts about that at all.

But it can do a rotten job too, if you get it wrong.

As for my customers, some think it's the best thing ever, some don't care as long as their windows are clean (which they are), some would prefer ladders but accept the pole, and a tiny tiny minority (I can only think of two of my customers), would prefer me back up a ladder.

I've only had one complaint in the last six months, and that was from a lady who opened her sash windows when they were still wet, and dribbled dirty water down the bottom area.

But overall, I'm still over the moon with WFP.  It can often be much quicker, it's physically less demanding; so I can find I can work longer, with a much higher moral towards the end of the day, earn more, and I'm safer.

bumper

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 05:13:07 pm »
Yes but are you doing a better job than me, when customer ask oh can you just pop this bulb in my security light,no problem love,or can you just give my top opener a bang coz it gets stuck, no problem love ill give it a bang when i go up my ladder,can you just look at my gutter its leaking,no problem love,could you get them toys of my garage roof what my son droped out the window,no problem love , customer relations,keep them all sweet. :D

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 05:15:22 pm »
Yes but are you doing a better job than me, when customer ask oh can you just pop this bulb in my security light,no problem love,or can you just give my top opener a bang coz it gets stuck, no problem love ill give it a bang when i go up my ladder,can you just look at my gutter its leaking,no problem love,could you get them toys of my garage roof what my son droped out the window,no problem love , customer relations,keep them all sweet. :D

I can still do that stuff.

I always carry ladders on my car and don't have any problems using them when the situation arises; as long as it's safe.

steve m

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 05:52:13 pm »
yes love, I'll look at the gutter - for a price, yes love I can repair that top opener for you if its dropped - for a price. Do you do their shopping for them as well for cust. relations or do you actually go out to earn a living

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 06:07:19 pm »
Do you do their shopping for them as well for cust. relations or do you actually go out to earn a living

Doing 'favours' for customers should depend on the situation.

If they're young DINKY types, then yes, no favours; they pay everytime.

But if they're 90 years old, not quite with it; frail and really need help, then yes, I'll change light-bulbs, sort out their microwave; move furniture and shop for them.  I've even collected prescriptions.

It just depends on the customer and what your morals are.

sunshine windows

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 06:21:44 pm »
Totally agree with you on that one Tosh. Some customers take liberties when it comes to doing little extra's. I've got 1 (as i'm sure we all have/had) who takes the p**s every time i go round. By the way she's dropped as of this month.

However i also have quite a few OAP's on my books, some of which are barely mobile. So doing little extras for them is no bother. Not that it happens very often, because these are genuinely nice people.

Like has been said, it all depends on the situation and how you like yourself to be viewed by your customers.

Sunshine
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

s.hughes

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 12:05:56 am »
Going back to the subject of wfp. I use wfp but even after a year I still only use it on dangerous window climbs and on my hotel where I have to due to the regs.
One thing that really puts me off using it all the time is the amount of water I have to carry in the car. I have an estate car so I have room but just carrying out the 25ltr containers to the car is hard work. Then you got to get to the customer and for some like me can be quite a drive with all that extra weight in the car.
Its just something that has always put me off, with the price of fuel so high it just adds to it. I dread to think how much it costs a week for a van mounted system carrying 250 - 400 ltrs. To add to it if your on a water meter then theres extra cost there.
One thing I am thinking off in the near future which may interest some, is fitting an irrigation system to the r/o waste so the garden can benefit from it and not the water company. Why pay twice for it.
Anyways to those reading this and thinking I am against wfp, well I'm all for it, I just dont like the extra costs involved and thats it.

Cheers
Steve

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2006, 08:20:55 am »
One thing that really puts me off using it all the time is the amount of water I have to carry in the car. I have an estate car so I have room but just carrying out the 25ltr containers to the car is hard work.

Steve

Steve,

There's quite a few guys on here, myself included, who use the WFP for 'tops only'.

Our water usage appears to be very similar, around the 100 litres a day mark.  That's only four 25 litre barrels.

On a heavy WFP day, I may use around 150 litres.

It all fits in the car nicely and probably weighs around the weight of two 11 stone guys.

s.hughes

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2006, 08:47:59 am »
Hi Tosh
How much water would you say you use on one window?(litres) with all the rinsing. 100 litres a day just for tops isnt a lot of water.

Cheers
Steve

Roy Harding

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2006, 09:05:03 am »
I dread to think how much it costs a week for a van mounted system carrying 250 - 400 ltrs. To add to it if your on a water meter then theres extra cost there.

Cheers
Steve

Steve I have a Expert van 2.00 hdi and £60 of fuel lasts me 4 wks. I dont think that is bad.

Roy

Clear Vision

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2006, 10:38:10 am »

Steve I have a Expert van 2.00 hdi and £60 of fuel lasts me 4 wks. I dont think that is bad.

Roy

£60 for 4 weeks :o

I use £45-£50 a week!

s.hughes

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2006, 11:07:15 am »
Roy, you must do short trips as I use £25 to £30 a week of diesel and thats when I'm not carrying water.

Steve

macc

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2006, 09:12:57 pm »
Thought you might be Macc. ;D

Hi squeaky.

Wfp suits all my work so its great, like ive read in many of your posts its not suitable for yours so i can understand your point of view.  :o.

Wait to you get to 40 mate, you may suddenly like wfp.  ;)

Macc

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2006, 10:26:00 pm »
Wait to you get to 40 mate, you may suddenly like wfp.  ;)
I may well do!

Actually I'll probably be pretty bored of window cleaning full stop.
Hang on....I am already. ;D

mark f

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2006, 04:38:43 pm »
i have a 2.0 hdi dispatch and use 40 quid in three weeks.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2006, 11:08:34 pm »
Folks,

Squeeks gets you lot going EVERY time.  All he has to do is slightly question WFP and away you go.............

Squeeks is a good chap.....................just loves to wind us WFP guys up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

jinky230

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2006, 11:23:18 pm »
guys squeeky has got it right we have it wrong

get rid of the wfp and the ladders and just canvas bungalows, how life could be so sweet lol  ;D ;D ;D

jinky

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2006, 11:40:59 pm »
guys squeeky has got it right we have it wrong

get rid of the wfp and the ladders and just canvas bungalows, how life could be so sweet lol  ;D ;D ;D
Bingo!

macc

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2006, 12:01:56 am »
Folks,

Squeeks gets you lot going EVERY time.  All he has to do is slightly question WFP and away you go.............

Squeeks is a good chap.....................just loves to wind us WFP guys up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David

I bet his Mrs wears the trousers, thats why he gives us grief.  ;)

Macc