Bonzer

Do I go for Microbore?
« on: July 27, 2006, 12:18:37 am »
Further to a previous post I made recently. there was some advice to change to Microbore. Before I bite the bullet and go for it, I need to have some reassurance about it.

I use a 100psi shurflo and Varistream. I require 100m of hose. Currently I get jets of water from the brush about 2 -3 feet long. Will I still be able to get the same flow and pressure if using microbore?

I currently use a Hozelock flow control on the end of the 1/2" hose. Where can I get a similar flow control valve to fit microbore?

Will I regret changing over?

JM123

Re: Do I go for Microbore?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 01:04:48 am »
firstly you won't regret changing to microbore, you can get the flow control valve from gardiners - we can supply everything you need but it would cost more as we are not on the mainland.  As for flow it does slow flow rates down but not to the point where you can't work, much better than standard hoses.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

david68

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 01:40:31 am »
Micro bore is great for me.
3 times the price so don't lose them

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 06:38:48 am »
Further to a previous post I made recently. there was some advice to change to Microbore. Before I bite the bullet and go for it, I need to have some reassurance about it.

I use a 100psi shurflo and Varistream. I require 100m of hose. Currently I get jets of water from the brush about 2 -3 feet long. Will I still be able to get the same flow and pressure if using microbore?

I currently use a Hozelock flow control on the end of the 1/2" hose. Where can I get a similar flow control valve to fit microbore?

Will I regret changing over?
I haven't used microbore myself but I think there were posts here during the Winter stating that the water freezes up more easily on those very cold days.

Londoner

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 10:16:04 am »
Why do you want jets of water like that? You must be usung far more water than you need if you are spraying water 2 - 3 feet

Bonzer

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 11:15:15 am »
I like to have a nice strong jet on the window for hitting the bird's mess and rinsing - having said that, I'm new to WFP so this probably isn't the right approach.

macc

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 03:15:03 pm »
I like to have a nice strong jet on the window for hitting the bird's mess and rinsing - having said that, I'm new to WFP so this probably isn't the right approach.

Hi Bonzer. I only have my water jetting out 4-6inches, enough to rince with brush off the glass. Try slowing it down mate, gives you more control & you will save loads.

Macc

JM123

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 03:20:50 pm »
use fan jets!  save water, rinse quicker, hey presto - bobs your uncle, mary's your aunt.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I